Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Rolling Stones remove Song From their Play list

Rolling Stones remove Song From their Play list

The early 70's mega hit "Brown Sugar" will be sung by them no more in their live concerts. Cancel Culture strikes again.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Rolling Stones remove Song From their Play list

They can shelve it next to Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben etc. lol. Actually those got rehabilitated. I’m not sure anything could be done about the lyrics of Brown Sugar but we fixed My Old Kentucky Home.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 10-14-2021 at 03:53 AM.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

UFB

Rolling Stones remove Song From their Play list

I would have thought someone would have taken exception to Sympathy For The Devil long before Brown Sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I would have thought someone would have taken exception to Sympathy For The Devil long before Brown Sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. The Stones were/are about as non racist as any band in history and always attributed their success to the great blues players of yesteryear Especially Keith Richards.

But they had that evil spell that didnt sit too well with me for a bit. That too was taken from and inspired by the history of Robert Johnson and the "devils Crossroads" at the intersection of The Blues Highway Hwys 49 and 61 in Clarksdale, Mississippi.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

What? Stones kick ass. Top five Stones songs? I can’t even do it, But here are five That show up on my jukebox regularly. Gimme Shelter may be THE rock song,imo.

Gimme Shelter
    Last Time
    Torn and Frayed
    Sway
    Satisfaction

That song is about the evils of oppression, rape and slavery.
    Last edited by Doc; 10-14-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    What? Stones kick ass. Top five Stones songs? I can’t even do it, But here are five That show up on my jukebox regularly. Gimme Shelter may be THE rock song,imo.

Gimme Shelter
    Last Time
    Torn and Frayed
    Sway
    Satisfaction
    Gimme Shelter ended up being a highlight in my first serious band thing back in 73 through about 76. We refused at the time to perform in sets or to repeat a song and several places wouldn't hire us for a 1 1/2 to two hour show as they wanted a four or five set thing with 45 on 15 off.

We would only do half our show with a sudden break in the middle, and tried to present ourselves as a concert band. We had a juggler (Pretty good by the way) who sometimes performed before we went on, and brought us onstage.

Had some fun times and were perfectionists to a fault. As well as full of ourselves.

Here ya' go Big guy. The continuing essence of what rock and roll was back then and a feeling that could hypnotize you.
    By perhaps what will eventually be known as the greatest rock band to ever play.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-14-2021 at 11:45 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post

Gimme Shelter
    Last Time
    Torn and Frayed
    Sway
    Satisfaction
    No "Mothers Little Helper" ?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    No "Mothers Little Helper" ?
    No, if you want a second five

Sympathy for the Devil
    Wild Horses
    Jumpin Jack Flash
    Can’t Ya hear me Knockin
    Loving Cup

BTW, Mick called out Gov Newsom at a Stones show lately and the Gov got booed. Pretty funny.

I’m okay with the Stones retiring their own song from their setlists. For anyone outraged about Brown Sugar or Walk on the Wild Side, and wanting to ban them, Maybe check out rap lyrics first?