Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Biden’s Jerusalem Embassy Dodge

Biden’s Jerusalem Embassy Dodge

In the next big engagement in what we like to call the Battle of Jerusalem, it looks like the lineup will be President Joe Biden against — wait for it — Senator Biden. The question is whether Mr. Biden will take care that the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 is faithfully executed, as it was — and for the first time — by President Trump. Or will Mr. Biden seek to undercut the law by opening a separate consulate in Jerusalem to deal with the Arabs?

What stands out for us in this situation is the fact that Mr. Biden was the first co-sponsor of the Jerusalem Embassy Act. He signed onto the bill the day it was introduced by a Republican, Senator Dole. Yet now Mr. Biden is maneuvering to undercut the very law that he cosponsored (and that passed the Senate 93 to five). It’s doubly dastardly because the implementation has vindicated those who helped get it passed.

The latest piece on all this is from one Eugene Kontorovich, the law professor at George Mason who has emerged as a sage on international law. His piece, in Israel Hayom, is on Mr. Biden’s scheme to open in Jerusalem a consulate for the Palestinian Arabs. Our embassy in Jerusalem “already provides consular services to the Palestinians,” Mr. Kontorovich notes. “Why do they need an independent consulate in the same city?”

Linkage

I liken this to Canada setting up an embassy in Chicago for BLM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Biden’s Jerusalem Embassy Dodge

Well Trump moved the embassy to Jerusalem hence it must be bad, and Biden will do anything to undercut it.

I was unaware that embassies had a specific subset they catered to. I always thought they were an envoy to a country, ie Israel, not a group within the country. So do we also set up multiple embassies in every country?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

So do we also set up multiple embassies in every country?

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

You mean Joe Biden is nothing more than a stuffed shirt political opportunist who has no core beliefs but just votes and acts as he thinks is best for his career at that moment?

You mean the man who ran as junior Senator on pro busing, but when it backlashed in his home state actually worked with Jesse Helms to block federal busing requirements? The man who goes to a steel plant and claims he was a steel worker, then goes to a Teamsters meeting and claims he drove trucks?

Gee, hard to imagine that guy would vote for something in 1995 when it was popular and then reverse himself when that position proves unpopular with the people who currently butter his bread. In 1995 this nation was strongly pro-Israel but now that's very unpopular with Leftists so he's suddenly changed views.

He has no values, no real positions. It's just whatever is politically expedient. That's why in the 1990s he was pro-Isreal and quick to be so, and now isn't.

He was also one of the leads for Clinton on the "Three Strikes" crime bill, which now he criticizes. There's a host of other reversals.

He plays that "aw shucks" routine and says whatever it is he thinks the crowd wants to hear. That's why he's a trucker one day, a rail-splitter the next. I'm sure at a speech at NASA he'll claim to be an astronaut, and when he visits the CIA he tells them how he was once a double-knot spy.

Kerry has said Biden didn't even know why France was mad at us over the nuclear sub deal.

He's got Chauncey Gardner's lack of awareness and Water Mitty's flights of fantasy. And he's running the country.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 10-12-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.