Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Johnny Carson Raking Biden in 1987

Johnny Carson Raking Biden in 1987

I watch Tonight Show reruns on one of the MeTV channels… I was just watching an episode from 9/16/87, Carson made jokes about Biden “paraphrasing” other politician’s speeches including a then British Politician as well as stealings lines from Robert Kennedy’s speeches.

Carson ended the bit quoting Biden responding to the criticism saying “we have nothing to fear but fear itself”

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Johnny Carson Raking Biden in 1987

Four score and twenty years ago, I had a dream that this was one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind
    -- Joe Biden
    Last edited by Doc; 10-01-2021 at 06:59 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I watch Tonight Show reruns on one of the MeTV channels… I was just watching an episode from 9/16/87, Carson made jokes about Biden “paraphrasing” other politician’s speeches including a then British Politician as well as stealings lines from Robert Kennedy’s speeches.

Carson ended the bit quoting Biden responding to the criticism saying “we have nothing to fear but fear itself”

Things that make you go hmmmm.

I remember that bit. Other comics of course piled on. One had him saying "Damn the torpedoes!" etc.

Even Biden's own wiki page admits he was an iffy student in high school and college. Not a smart man, but very personable, affable.

But in a world where schools are eliminating failing grades and not punishing kids for being tardy, not doing their work, etc. what's a little college level plagiarism?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, and today a late night host, or anyone else on a major network, daring to make fun of a liberal/Democrat, would be fired.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Johnny Carson Raking Biden in 1987

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Oh, and today a late night host, or anyone else on a major network, daring to make fun of a liberal/Democrat, would be fired.
    Liberal/Democrats isn’t all Carson made fun of.

Last edited by blueboss; 10-01-2021 at 10:57 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Liberal/Democrats isn’t all Carson made fun of.

Absolutely not. he made fun of everyone, as did most comics in that era. Which was their job, to poke fun at everyone who needed a little air out of their balloon.

But these days people like Biden are off limits. Look at the reaction when a talk show host even tells a joke about one. It's asinine.