Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else looking to become an ex-pat?

Anyone else looking to become an ex-pat?

I'm thinking about it long term. Two reasons.

1) Trying to avoid politics, but I don't recognize my country these days. The sheer level of stupid entitlement here is so high I don't feel any compulsion to stay here forever.

2) I can move elsewhere and live a LOT better given the difference in expenses.

My only concerns are 1) Safety/crime, and 2) Medical care. If I can find a country where I can deal with those two things I'm betting I can quit working faster than I can in what is left of America.

Anyone done homework in this area? I hear Belize, Costa Rica, even Ecuador. I also hear New Jersey, but only from a guy named Vinnie.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Anyone else looking to become an ex-pat?

One of my former workmates retired in Belize. We talk once a month or so and compared expenses on our last conversation. He lives very comfortably on $1800 a month. Comfortable enough that I’m having the same thoughts you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm thinking about it long term. Two reasons.

1) Trying to avoid politics, but I don't recognize my country these days. The sheer level of stupid entitlement here is so high I don't feel any compulsion to stay here forever.

2) I can move elsewhere and live a LOT better given the difference in expenses.

My only concerns are 1) Safety/crime, and 2) Medical care. If I can find a country where I can deal with those two things I'm betting I can quit working faster than I can in what is left of America.

Anyone done homework in this area? I hear Belize, Costa Rica, even Ecuador. I also hear New Jersey, but only from a guy named Vinnie.

here $2K a month wont' even cover health insurance for two.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Will SSA direct deposits to a foreign bank?
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Will SSA direct deposits to a foreign bank?
    There are several countries with laws specifically to help facilitate such things. They very smartly want to attract what amounts to semi-permanent tourist dollars.

Unless you’re going to Cuba or North Korea, getting your social security shouldn’t be a problem.

I’ve thought about Costa Rica but the dinosaurs make me a little uneasy.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

There are several countries with laws specifically to help facilitate such things. They very smartly want to attract what amounts to semi-permanent tourist dollars.
    You know me and my searches in the south Pacific. American Samoa still looks attractive and other than an occasional every 100 year or so tsunami, and the fact that it is hell and gone in the south pacific and closer to China than it is to my ancestral home, it still looks good. My daughter would never allow it and neither would my wife's family, but it sure looks attractive.

Oh yeah, they have yet to see a case of Covid 19 in their population. They are locked down from visitors with many restrictions.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Mrs. BEvans and I are strongly considering renting out our place and traveling the world for about 2-3 years. Medical coverage is the big issue we need to research.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

What are you guys saying this past tense of one great nation is not where you want to live, but why the great democratic dictatorship will lead you to the promise land!

Rupp's Runt

The Philippines is still very attractive. But since my in-laws are gone now, there is no need for us to consider it anymore, especially since the Boss's siblings and their families are all in Australia now.
    God forbid that something happen to my wife, but if that was to happen I would certainly reconsider the Philippines again.

The Communist Chinese incursions in the area are concerning, absolutely, but if anything were to kick off I could get to Australia pretty quickly.
    MOLON LABE!

I have. I would love parts of Spain, Italy, or Portugal.

Sicily has a certain attraction to me. The problem is I am Irish/Scottish...so not sure how I can move there permanently.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I have. I would love parts of Spain, Italy, or Portugal.

Sicily has a certain attraction to me. The problem is I am Irish/Scottish...so not sure how I can move there permanently.
    Sicily is very American friendly. Or at least it was back in the 80's when I visited there while I was stationed in Germany while I was in the Army.
    MOLON LABE!

Maybe we should just pool our funds and buy an island?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I’m in, peel me off a quarter to a half acre or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I’m in, peel me off a quarter to a half acre or so.

Me too. Give me a 20x20 spot

Or can we turn my farm into it's own country?

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

I'm in.

There was a Libertarian movement to have us all move to New Hampshire b/c it's a small state and we can make an impact.

The problem is the cold for me. I want warm and beach, but Florida has a LOT of people.

Can I suggest key west? They already seceded once. They have a flag and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Me too. Give me a 20x20 spot

Or can we turn my farm into it's own country?

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    I've decided we should all start to "identify" as Native American and that our property identifies as a reservation. No taxes, our own laws, you get the idea.

If "men" can be pregnant, I can be Cherokee, right?
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 09-30-2021 at 05:55 PM.

If "men" can be pregnant, I can be Cherokee, right?

It’s more plausible.

It’s more plausible.
    As long as my family has been in this region I'm sure there's some percentage of Native American dna in my makeup.

I'm positive however that there is absolutely zero chance of me getting pregnant.

https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...million-223640

Probably make an offer of 25 maybe get it for 30

Last edited by blueboss; 10-01-2021 at 05:01 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Well, that place is plenty big enough for a whole bunch of people to pool their money and move in. Wow.

And it's surely in the middle of nowhere. Not quite the south pacific, but an hour from Nassau by plane is a decent distance from anything civilized.

I'd be kinda worried about storms though. And pirates.

Well, that place is plenty big enough for a whole bunch of people to pool their money and move in. Wow.

And it's surely in the middle of nowhere. Not quite the south pacific, but an hour from Nassau by plane is a decent distance from anything civilized.

I'd be kinda worried about storms though. And pirates.
    Hurricanes could be a problem, but pirates? We’re the pirates.

At times it feel as though the push will go towards a separate America east and west as the divide grows.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    https://www.mansionglobal.com/articl...million-223640

Probably make an offer of 25 maybe get it for 30

Isn't Exuma part of the British Commonwealth? Is that better than living in the USA?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Isn't Exuma part of the British Commonwealth? Is that better than living in the USA?
    Very probably.

Right now in reverse order of liberty i'd say:

- North Korea
    - Iran
    - Afghanistan
    - China
    - A few third world potentates
    - The USA
    - Everyone else.

I'm in.

There was a Libertarian movement to have us all move to New Hampshire b/c it's a small state and we can make an impact.

The problem is the cold for me. I want warm and beach, but Florida has a LOT of people.

Can I suggest key west? They already seceded once. They have a flag and everything.
    Montana would make a GREAT Libertarian stronghold....Same small population and LOTS of land.

Another thought. What is the Population of St. Thomas or St. John. Could we Libertarians take over there?

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    At times it feel as though the push will go towards a separate America east and west as the divide grows.
    You know, I can see a peaceful dissolution eventually. I would guess California (maybe joined by Washington and Oregon) becomes a separate country. Texas as well. Then the split is more Regional. Florida and the Southern States. Mid West States. The Northeast is its own beast and likely goes through the Mid-Atlantic including Maryland.

The Question Marks? Virginia, West Virginia. WV likely goes with the south. And I think Virginia would split. the 3/4 Northern counties go with Maryland. The rest stays in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Montana would make a GREAT Libertarian stronghold....Same small population and LOTS of land.

Another thought. What is the Population of St. Thomas or St. John. Could we Libertarians take over there?
    Montana makes more sense in a lot of ways but why are the best choices so cold?

How does everyone feel about moving to Costa Rica? About the same population as Kentucky. As our own country we have a lot more power. We can apply for aid from the US and then we don't even have to work.

Montana makes more sense in a lot of ways but why are the best choices so cold?

How does everyone feel about moving to Costa Rica? About the same population as Kentucky. As our own country we have a lot more power. We can apply for aid from the US and then we don't even have to work.
    I am in...but what is the population of Costa Rica and would we have any voting rights there?