Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Award show implosion is one of the great things of the past decade

Award show implosion is one of the great things of the past decade

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Award show implosion is one of the great things of the past decade

I never had a doggone thing in common with the music awards shows. Never was or is the music I listen to. Grateful Dead, Little Feat, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Beach Boys, Bob Marley, none have won a competitive Grammy. Lifetime awards maybe, but in their time? Nope. I think the other award shows are similar.

Re: Award show implosion is one of the great things of the past decade

No comment on the Fox sponsored political opinion. To me it's not about the guests.

Two big winners were favs of ours.

The Crown is a show the wife and I enjoy immensely. And the movie The Queens Gambit was another favorite this year.

Some of the best acting and production in those two that I have seen in a very long time. I appreciate that we were entertained despite the working problems related to covid. They really earned their money for the most part imo.

The Emmy TV audience itself was the largest since 2018, up 16% over last year at 7.4 million, not including those who watched outside home, in bars, or in restaurants.

Viewership of awards shows has been dropping for years. But it is predominantly because people now stream what they want to watch at more convenient times.

I personally appreciate the recognition legit artists get for their work. We take the arts for granted a lot of times.

As for the entertainment value of the Emmys, it came prior to the celebration.

To show predominant TV viewing is now streaming and not live, one need only think about this.

Streaming shows "The Crown" and comedy "Ted Lasso" were the big winners
    "Netflix also tied the all-time record for the most Emmys in a single year with 44.

Shows on mainstream networks CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox were all but shut out, with the exception of NBC sketch show "Saturday Night Live"."
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-22-2021 at 06:47 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain