Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Covid Experience

Covid Experience

Let me start this by saying I am vaccinated (recently, about 6 weeks ago) with the J&J single poke.

Left for Pinehurst the Thursday after Labor Day for a 5 day golf trip. We drive down a day early so we do not have to swing a club after a 6 hour drive. Ate at the Hickory Tavern on that Thursday night.

Other than that it was Golf and Restaurants only.

So, drove home Wednesday feeling tired and sleepy with a headache.... Blamed it on over indulgence the night before. But that night when I went to bed had major chills until I took advil then was hot all night. Woke up Thursday with body ache and continued headache. At that point I went for the PCL test (not rapid) and stayed home from work. Luckily I can do much of my work from home. Hard to concentrate though.

The Fevers and Chills and all aches continued through last night (Friday). Also easily fatigue. Test came back positive on Friday.

As of this morning, still have some aches and fatigue. So far no chills/fever and headache is much better to being like a normal allergy headache for me.

Throughout I have had little to no lung or sinus issues.

Thought I would journal here for you guys.

to me, the important thing to note, I was a very recent vaccination and still go the virus....But, at least so far, my symptoms are pretty much normal flu like symptoms.

Rupp's Runt

Covid Experience

Hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Re: Covid Experience

I hope it is over quickly!

Prayers for a quick recovery.

My prayers also.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

So far so good. Still have a bit of fever and aches but nothing respiratory at all. I will say it has me fatigued easy. But more like a Flu for me without the head or chest congestion.

Hang in there, Va Cat! Sucks to get a breakthrough infection but hopefully the vaccine keeps it from being more serious.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

Hang in there Bloomington!
    Real Fan since 1958

Glad to hear you're on the mend and no respiratory issue with it. Sounds much like my experience prior to being vaccinated though. Youll feel like new in a few weeks! Crazy you would have a breakthrough to that level with a recent vaccine but i think this is going to run its course.
    Go Cats!

Quick update and some important info.

My original communication came from my online Dr. at a company called 98.6. I tested on Thursday about 2pm. I received a letter from 98.6 on Friday that was an informational letter that said "Because of your positive Covid 2019 test results". I took that as positive. I received the actual labs on Saturday and they indicated I was negative.

I was still highly symptomatic so continued to follow quarantine protocols. I retested on Tuesday (rapid test this time) and it was clearly positive. When I contacted physicians at 98.6 I learned something. A PCR Nasal test, if done soon after symptoms, can provide a false positive. They suggest more than 24 hours after symptoms. That appears to be what happened with me.

As far as symptoms, I still have a small sinus headache and stiffness in neck but no where near as bad as it was. No fever since Monday morning. But very weak and walking down or up steps makes me need to sit. Small cough but nothing too bad still.

Technically, I am off quarantine after tomorrow. Will see how I feel Saturday morning.

Glad to se you doing well. My SIL's husband has been in intensive care twice so far but has avoided being intubated or the like. He is nearly two weeks in and still hospitalized (except for two days at home before relapse). Back in a regular room now so that's a big positive.

My wife's youngest sister (different sister's family) was hospitalized for a week with covid also and a pretty severe bout with pneumonia. She was sent home Thursday and is getting stronger.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Glad to se you doing well. My SIL's husband has been in intensive care twice so far but has avoided being intubated or the like. He is nearly two weeks in and still hospitalized (except for two days at home before relapse). Back in a regular room now so that's a big positive.

My wife's youngest sister (different sister's family) was hospitalized for a week with covid also and a pretty severe bout with pneumonia. She was sent home Thursday and is getting stronger.
    Prayers to your family Kingcat. This thing just saps your energy

BIL in intensive care again. Critical but stable

Rupp's Runt

Covid Experience

Prayers Kingcat

Doug Kroger my Brother in Law has gone on to be with our Lord. He was a fine Christian man and and successful businessman who owned and operated Kroger Automotive in Louisville. One of the oldest and most respected engine builders and repair shops in the city.

He was a young 79, avid golfer and tennis player. He passed away from Covid 19 an hour or so ago after a hard fought battle.
    Please pray for his wife and children.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-08-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Sorry Kingcat. Sending prayers their way.

Bombino

Covid Experience

Very sorry to hear that, my condolences.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Doug Kroger my Brother in Law has gone on to be with our Lord. He was a fine Christian man and and successful businessman who owned and operated Kroger Automotive in Louisville. One of the oldest and most respected engine builders and repair shops in the city.

He was a young 79, avid golfer and tennis player. He passed away from Covid 19 an hour or so ago after a hard fought battle.
    My Brother-in-Law is battling it now too.
    Damned Covid.
    Prayers for your family, brother.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Covid Experience

So sorry King

Prayers Blue

Covid Experience

God’s speed, and bless you and your family through this testing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Very sorry to hear of your loss, kingcat.

I thought a lot of him. Thanks for your prayers and concern.

And I pray for a better outcome for Pappy's BIL.
    And for everyone who is suffering.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-10-2021 at 12:22 AM.

kingcat, I am so sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    kingcat, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Much appreciated from you and everyone.

I didn’t mention his grandchildren above. Pray for them also as one was only six years old

Quick update.

For the most part Covid19 is over for me. I guess I have my natural antibodies now in addition to my J&J vaccine.

I am officaially 4 weeks in from first symptoms today.

I have a remaining hacky cough despite not having major respiratory issues during infections. I still get head and neck aches but not as bad as during infection. Biggest issue is ongoing malaise and fatigue. Try to push through but dang still really tire sometimes.