Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Cheese

Rupp's Runt

Cheese

I know we have some other cheese lovers on here so I am hoping someone can help me.

My doctor now says I am allergic to tomatoes, seafood, wheat, eggs, and CHEESE. I am addicted to cheese! I have a tried a couple of non-dairy cheeses and they are horrible. Does anyone know of any good non dairy cheese options?

Re: Cheese

My wife loves cheese as well, but has become intolerant to cows milk. She said that there are plenty of goat milk cheeses that are great. She says that if the cheese is plant based, any kind of plant, it will not be satisfying to a cheese lover at all.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

We love Pecorino with red wine (Chianti) and fruit. Pecorino is a Sheeps Milk Cheese. Cousin to parmesean.

Are you allergic to all chesses (guessing a Mold issue?) or just cows milk cheeses?

Spoke with wife and she said that if you are allergic to all kinds of milk, then Daiya brand (fake cheese) my words not hers is the best one she has tried.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    We love Pecorino with red wine (Chianti) and fruit. Pecorino is a Sheeps Milk Cheese. Cousin to parmesean.

Are you allergic to all chesses (guessing a Mold issue?) or just cows milk cheeses?
    Not sure yet. Cutting all of it out for a few weeks. Hopefully just cow. If I could eat an alternative I would be pretty happy.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

And I hope to be able to add some of these things back into my diet. If I can figure out my tolerance level. But I really like cheese

Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Not sure yet. Cutting all of it out for a few weeks. Hopefully just cow. If I could eat an alternative I would be pretty happy.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    So you’re say’n you have to cut the cheese??

Oooops sorry! This is serious, especially for a cheese lover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So you’re say’n you have to cut the cheese??

Oooops sorry! This is serious, especially for a cheese lover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes I am afraid to cut the cheese...in public at least.

Fab Five

I would drill down on the questions for your doctor. Is he telling you to avoid everything you are allergic to or is he telling you to cut back on how much you eat of these foods? I found in my early 20s I was allergic to tomatoes (along with 100 other things). Only later I determined I could eat tomatoes in prepared sauces with no reaction. Fortunately, I have now found that I can eat most everything I was allergic to when I was younger.

It is common to be allergic to mold and that may be what is driving your allergies. Ridding your surroundings of moisture may be as much benefit as eliminating some foods. I wouldn't"t give up cheese without a fight. Of course if any of these cause swelling in your mouth or throat you need to stop eating them immediately.

I would push back on the diagnosis just a tad with more specific questions.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I would drill down on the questions for your doctor. Is he telling you to avoid everything you are allergic to or is he telling you to cut back on how much you eat of these foods? I found in my early 20s I was allergic to tomatoes (along with 100 other things). Only later I determined I could eat tomatoes in prepared sauces with no reaction. Fortunately, I have now found that I can eat most everything I was allergic to when I was younger.

It is common to be allergic to mold and that may be what is driving your allergies. Ridding your surroundings of moisture may be as much benefit as eliminating some foods. I wouldn't"t give up cheese without a fight. Of course if any of these cause swelling in your mouth or throat you need to stop eating them immediately.

I would push back on the diagnosis just a tad with more specific questions.
    He said to eliminate for two weeks to see if we see improvement. Said he would prefer 4 weeks but to start with 2 weeks and go from there. Overall he is not one to cut out food entirely. My throat closes up and I can't eat at times. We have been experimenting since 2010, no luck so far (multiple doctors and opinions). Granted we are only 6 days into this one but I had a reaction yesterday.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Spoke with wife and she said that if you are allergic to all kinds of milk, then Daiya brand (fake cheese) my words not hers is the best one she has tried.
    If Daiya is my best option, I am not happy about this lol