Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Kellan Grady is in Lexington

Kellan Grady is in Lexington

Via Twitter, @burke_franklin_

331315B6-1DCE-4CBB-8D54-AA4819BB22DE.jpg

Re: Kellan Grady is in Lexington

The least talked about almost certain big time player to come into the program in years IMO. I've read where people are saying "well, he won't score 17 a game at UK, we've got too much talent" . Guess what, he might score more. He certainly hasn't had the pleasure of not being Job One, Two and Three on every opposing scouting report like he'll have at UK. The guy is every bit the spot up shooter that Frederick or Allen are. He just hasn't gotten to to do that as much. He's had to carry his team for years. Kid is going to kill it at UK IMO with so much more room to operate in and so much less pressure to be the man every minute.
    Last edited by ShoesSwayedBlue; 06-05-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    The last talked almost certain big time player to come into the program in years IMO. I've read where people are saying "well, he won't score 17 a game at UK, we've got too much talent" . Guess what, he might score more. He certainly hasn't had the pleasure of not being Job One, Two and Three on every opposing scouting report like he'll have at UK. The guy is every bit the spot up shooter that Frederick or Allen are. He just hasn't gotten to to do that as much. He's had to carry his team for years. Kid is going to kill it at UK IMO with so much more room to operate in and so much less pressure to be the man every minute.
    well that should get us all pumped.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

^^^^ Exactly right, Darryl. Kid will light it up for the Cats this year.

A lot of good remarks in that thread.

Rupp's Runt

I expect his shooting numbers will improve. I do think his average will drop, mainly b/c this is a pretty deep team.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I expect his shooting numbers will improve. I do think his average will drop, mainly b/c this is a pretty deep team.
    I agree, I’m expecting around 15 ppg out of Grady. If Mintz returns we would have three players who were the leading scorers on their team in 2020-2021 on the squad.