Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Americans held hostage in Afghanastan

Last edited by dan_bgblue; 09-05-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Americans held hostage in Afghanastan

US allies still waiting to leave Afghanistan one year after botched withdrawal

U.S. Army combat veteran Alex Plitsas reflected on the rescue efforts on "America's Newsroom" Tuesday and reunited with former U.S. forces interpreter Abdul Wali Sidiqui, who was saved by Operation "Digital Dunkirk."

Operation "Digital Dunkirk" was one attempt to assist Americans and allies flee the country following news of the withdrawal. Plitsas was a member of this operation which helped 15,000 Americans, Afghan allies and their families escape before the August 31 deadline.

Abdul Wali Sidiqui shared his joy at starting a new life in Houston, Texas, after he was rescued by Plitsas' operation.

"I am so excited because in the 20 years, this is the first time I am staying a long time with my family," he said. "And I am so excited here. Life is treating me well."

While many Americans have returned home and allies established a new life in the States, thousands still wait anxiously for rescue.

"[It's] bittersweet in the sense that there's still 160,000 interpreters, 74,000 of them are the applicants and the rest of their immediate family members who remain left behind," Plitsas shared. "And so a year later, we still have a commitment as a nation that we haven't fulfilled."

Nearly a year later, rescue attempts face new challenges.

"For the folks who are inside [the] country, we need more throughput," Plitsas said. "There needs to be more planes. There needs to be additional capacity to hold folks, and there needs to be additional government resources to help do that."

"We owe them. We made this promise to them."
    seeya
    dan

Some are too busy trying to crucify the Donald to be bothered with that…..
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    US allies still waiting to leave Afghanistan one year after botched withdrawal

U.S. Army combat veteran Alex Plitsas reflected on the rescue efforts on "America's Newsroom" Tuesday and reunited with former U.S. forces interpreter Abdul Wali Sidiqui, who was saved by Operation "Digital Dunkirk."

Operation "Digital Dunkirk" was one attempt to assist Americans and allies flee the country following news of the withdrawal. Plitsas was a member of this operation which helped 15,000 Americans, Afghan allies and their families escape before the August 31 deadline.

Abdul Wali Sidiqui shared his joy at starting a new life in Houston, Texas, after he was rescued by Plitsas' operation.

"I am so excited because in the 20 years, this is the first time I am staying a long time with my family," he said. "And I am so excited here. Life is treating me well."

While many Americans have returned home and allies established a new life in the States, thousands still wait anxiously for rescue.

"[It's] bittersweet in the sense that there's still 160,000 interpreters, 74,000 of them are the applicants and the rest of their immediate family members who remain left behind," Plitsas shared. "And so a year later, we still have a commitment as a nation that we haven't fulfilled."

Nearly a year later, rescue attempts face new challenges.

"For the folks who are inside [the] country, we need more throughput," Plitsas said. "There needs to be more planes. There needs to be additional capacity to hold folks, and there needs to be additional government resources to help do that."

"We owe them. We made this promise to them."

seeya
    dan