Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Bird Season (dove)

Bird Season (dove)

Out in the field today to kick off dove season…

Bagged a limit (15) beautiful day out in Spencer Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Bird Season (dove)

If the weather in Spencer was like it was in Carter County today you had a nice day to be outdoors. Looks like you had plenty of birds to hunt.

I hope you have plenty of shells for the season. In my area any hunting or target shotgun rounds are nearly nonexistent.
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 09-04-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Bird Season (dove)

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    If the weather in Spencer was like it was in Carter County today you had a nice day to be outdoors. Looks like you had plenty of birds to hunt.

I hope you have plenty of shells for the season. In my area any hunting or target shotgun rounds are nearly nonexistent.
    Shells are hard to find. I had to pull some 12 ga. shells out of my bunker stash. Hopefully be able to replace them before the shi”(:7 goes down.

I might use a 20 ga. on Monday’s shoot. I’ve got a boatload of 20’s.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Bird Season (dove)

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Shells are hard to find. I had to pull some 12 ga. shells out of my bunker stash. Hopefully be able to replace them before the shi”(:7 goes down.

I might use a 20 ga. on Monday’s shoot. I’ve got a boatload of 20’s.

I’ve been hunting for 20 gauge shells most of the summer. My daughter picked up a couple of boxes at Rural King of Challenger target loads about two weeks ago, but we haven’t been able to find them since. I bought a cheap Turkish semiautomatic 20 gauge at Walmart in June, shot a box of my Federal game loads through it and it worked like a champ. I’d like to shoot some more clay pigeons with it, but I hate to use all my 20 gauge shells with no way to get more. The only 20 gauge I had previously was a single barrel I swapped for in ‘87. I had a couple of boxes of shells for it, but I didn’t stock ammo for it.