Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Has Anyone Ever Heard Another President State He's Not Supposed To Take Any Questions

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Has Anyone Ever Heard Another President State He's Not Supposed To Take Any Questions

Besides the current clown....

I mean, I understand their concern, but it is still amazing.

Darryl

Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard Another President State He's Not Supposed To Take Any Quest

Presidents have used the excuse that there isn't time on the schedule, etc., like when they are boarding Marine One or for some public engagement, but I don't think any has ever repeatedly taken Biden's position that he is simply being told to not take questions. Esp. since many of those occasions technically are press conferences. You know, with reporters. Who tend to do their job by asking questions.

Like I said, Biden hasn't been in charge of his political career since he was a Senator. It's worse now that his mind is worse, but he's always been one of the most "handled" politicians in Washington. You can see in numerous stories how he will say anything, change positions on anything, to suit whatever works for him politically.

He's always said dumb things, I mean always. And I mean dumb, not just cute or rustic. Dumb. It's not endearing, it's a sign of a man who has never really understood beyond the immediate political situation. No grasp of the issues.

He himself is quite liberal, but he'll do what it takes. He's been this way since he went from pro busing in his first term to basically making sure it could be killed in the Senate. That happened b/c he went home to Delaware and his very very white wealthy constituency told him they didn't like that idea at all.

that was his first term, reversing himself (without ever admitting it) on one of the biggest issues of the day. Nothing has changed.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 09-02-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard Another President State He's Not Supposed To Take Any Quest

He's been this way since he went from pro busing in his first term to basically making sure it could be killed in the Senate.
    Was the senate vote that close on busing that a first term senator could buy a few votes to get the bill killed?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Back on topic ............Has Anyone Ever Heard Another President State He's Not Supposed To Take Any Questions

No sir I have not, and I lived thru Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, and Bush II. I have been waiting for Kammie to follow suit.
    seeya
    dan

Some of those Biden dumb things were outright lies, like his claim to be at the top of his law school class. He ranked 75th of 85, which would put him in about the 11th percentile.

I’ve never seen a President say he wasn’t allowed to take questions, nor have I seen one that relies on a list of reporters to call on in order to insure he receives softball questions. I do enjoy seeing Peter Doocy sneak in questions that make Biden squirm or become agitated.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Back on topic ............Has Anyone Ever Heard Another President State He's Not Supposed To Take Any Questions

No sir I have not, and I lived thru Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, and Bush II. I have been waiting for Kammie to follow suit.
    She doesn’t seem too willing to hold any kind of press event. She will give some short speeches, but they aren’t press events.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Was the senate vote that close on busing that a first term senator could buy a few votes to get the bill killed?
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...busing-120968/

Really good read, from a very non-biased Politico article, on how Biden, a junior Senator, became the key to stopping federl busing requirements by basically taking the position of Jessie Helms of all people. His amendment gutted the enforcement of the bill.

He effectively killed busing, and was quoted as calling it "an asinine policy."

Anyway, it's a good read, and really shows you the "character", or complete lack thereof, of Biden even in his first term.

As I said, nothing has changed. If you want a really funny read, go pull Senate hearings from his committees and read some of the utterly stupid questions he would ask. He's a moron. A real moron, whose only gift is his affable way of coming off as more than he appears.

He's Chauncey Gardner.

And in fact, just like in the book, the nation's power brokers got together and ran him for POTUS b/c he was a winning candidate, but they really run the country right now.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

No, I had not seen this before either, not do I remember it ever happening.
    But now, it seems the Democrats are okay with Biden's paid liar Psaki coming out and doing that part of his Presidential job for him. And, as spineless as he is, even Obama would take questions. Besides, they know how much of a gaffe machine Biden really is, so to me this is not at all surprising.

Quite a contrast in how to handle the press compared to the last administration.
    MOLON LABE!

Psaki called for "transparency" every time a Trump call transcript was leaked. Now it's a matter of national security that the White House not comment or release any info when their calls are leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...busing-120968/

Really good read, from a very non-biased Politico article, on how Biden, a junior Senator, became the key to stopping federl busing requirements by basically taking the position of Jessie Helms of all people. His amendment gutted the enforcement of the bill.

He effectively killed busing, and was quoted as calling it "an asinine policy."

Anyway, it's a good read, and really shows you the "character", or complete lack thereof, of Biden even in his first term.

As I said, nothing has changed. If you want a really funny read, go pull Senate hearings from his committees and read some of the utterly stupid questions he would ask. He's a moron. A real moron, whose only gift is his affable way of coming off as more than he appears.

He's Chauncey Gardner.

And in fact, just like in the book, the nation's power brokers got together and ran him for POTUS b/c he was a winning candidate, but they really run the country right now.

Biden agreed, and he still does. In his 2007 memoir (titled Promises to Keep), Biden called busing “a liberal train wreck.” Alas, Biden was a product—and a symbol—of his times. He was a liberal in the age of the white backlash and the Reagan Democrats. In order to sustain a long political career, it was often necessary to avoid difficult stands—especially when it came to issues of racial equality.

Elected officials drew an important lesson from the busing ordeal of the 1970s: Bold pushes for racial change entailed political death. It was better to abandon them.

That Politico article was written in 2015, with no mention of the monumental change in the last 40 years.
    seeya
    dan