Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's for supper?

Fab Five

Re: What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    That’s not a glowing critique. Isn’t Newport full of late night strip bars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    40 years ago there was a strip bar on every corner. My closest friend in college lived in Ft. Thomas. His next door neighbor owned the Pink Pony Pub in Newport. On one visit to NKY, I noticed a kid in the yard next door about 12 or 13 warming up for a baseball game wearing a pink baseball jersey. My friend told me the team name was the Ponies. There were strict league rules regarding what could be advertised on league uniforms, but there was nothing against wearing pink uniforms or calling your team the ponies. The kids loved it. The moms, not so much.
    Real Fan since 1958

It’s not like that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    The kids loved it. The moms, not so much.
    The "working" moms didn't mind.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Will be heading back to Jackson or up to Cincinnati or both in the next 4 weeks. Looking forward to a return trip to The Pig and Pint and maybe some new places in Cincy.
    Did you have time to try any Cincy restaurants worth reporting on… other than chili joints?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Did you have time to try any Cincy restaurants worth reporting on… other than chili joints?

Not a lot. Some eating at home, plus takeout from various restaurants. All in the Anderson Township area, close by.

Anderson Pub & Grill (APG) has one of the best hamburgers I've ever had (the Hawaiian bacon Cheeseburger). I picked it up and it looked really cool inside as a place to watch a ballgame, too
    .. Lots of TVs and tables with good views, big but not on top of each other.

Cabo Taco has great street tacos and quesadillas. I don't know what others got from Kitchen 1883.

Dewey's Calzones were excellent and very filling, but about like anyplace that sells those.

First Watch (the franchise) for lunch. Highly recommend the power wrap.

Guardian Angels Church provided our Friday night fish sandwiches and hush puppies, which was solid.

I know we're getting something tonight from another restaurant. Not sure what. It's my last evening here before going back tomorrow. Man, has it been fast.

What's for supper?

Not a lot. Some eating at home, plus takeout from various restaurants. All in the Anderson Township area, close by.

Anderson Pub & Grill (APG) has one of the best hamburgers I've ever had (the Hawaiian bacon Cheeseburger). I picked it up and it looked really cool inside as a place to watch a ballgame, too
    .. Lots of TVs and tables with good views, big but not on top of each other.

Cabo Taco has great street tacos and quesadillas. I don't know what others got from Kitchen 1883.

Dewey's Calzones were excellent and very filling, but about like anyplace that sells those.

First Watch (the franchise) for lunch. Highly recommend the power wrap.

Guardian Angels Church provided our Friday night fish sandwiches and hush puppies, which was solid.

I know we're getting something tonight from another restaurant. Not sure what. It's my last evening here before going back tomorrow. Man, has it been fast.
    Can’t beat Lenten church fish fry’s.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

What's for supper?

My wife doesn't like fish (she had the shrimp), so I really look forward to Lent each year for my Friday night fixes.

What's for supper?

My wife doesn't like fish (she had the shrimp), so I really look forward to Lent each year for my Friday night fixes.
    Ditto on both accounts.

What's for supper?

Dinner tonight was waffle fries and doughnuts.

Product of me forgetting church didn't have fish fry tonight and me being a bachelor for the weekend.

I picked up meat to grill tomorrow, though.

Fab Five

Dinner tonight was waffle fries and doughnuts.

Product of me forgetting church didn't have fish fry tonight and me being a bachelor for the weekend.

I picked up meat to grill tomorrow, though.
    Weren’t you supposed to post this on the exercise and fitness thread?
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Weren’t you supposed to post this on the exercise and fitness thread?
    lol.

And I suppose you're going to question my commitment to losing weight with this diet plan? Heck, no!

What's for supper?

I noticed beef short ribs thawing in the fridge tonight.

Looks like I’m grilling tomorrow.

Fab Five

Had the whole family over for dinner Sat Night, something that happens only once or twice a year. Had some growlers of Hefeweisen and corn hole action pre-dinner. Dinner was a Cajun Boil. The dump was a beautiful sight.
    Real Fan since 1958

Grilled some prime ribeye cap steaks to go with shrimp cocktail and great big baked taters.

What's for supper?

Yum.

Except shrimp cocktail. Would love it, but my epi pen usage needs to stay at zero.

What's for supper?

Son grilled burgers, chicken and vegetables yesterday and I brought extra home with me. Roasted some asparagus, which is my cooking limit, and had a better meal than waffles and doughnuts.

Had a 5.1 mile run today so it was a good day.

Wow, you guys are still having MEAT? Did your loans at Kroger go through?

I looked at steaks a couple of weeks ago. I passed. Did chicken instead. lol
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Because Kentucky apparently's been moved to England where it will be 50 and rainy in perpetuity, I made chili yesterday and will make some cornbread tonight to go with it.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Wow, you guys are still having MEAT? Did your loans at Kroger go through?

I looked at steaks a couple of weeks ago. I passed. Did chicken instead. lol
    lol. Hey, I'm a bachelor (well, until tomorrow). I picked up a steak, too. ONE steak is a lot cheaper than THREE lol.

What's for supper?

Beef short ribs on bar-b turned out really good…and leftovers tonight.

Fab Five

Short ribs may be one of the best entrees ever. I love to give them a slow braise.
    Real Fan since 1958

What's for supper?

A year later, another Pig and a Pint visit!

What's for supper?

A year later, another Pig and a Pint visit!
    Dang!!!! Now I need to eat BBQ, immediately.

Man, those greens look awesome...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

What's for supper?

Unfortunately, not mine tonight.

Non-descript hole in the wall in Kenner, Harbour Seafood. Umm, good.

Those look like well seasoned, well cooked mud bugs. Did I get it right?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Those look like well seasoned, well cooked mud bugs. Did I get it right?
    You did!

Rupp's Runt

Little bit of everything here tonight. I smoked a Boston butt, but it stalled out forever, so I cooked a spaghetti with chicken while that was cooking. Snacking on the pork and mac and cheese now.

Grilled pork chops, made 6 ea 1” thick chops for about $5 vs 3 steaks for us would have been $50. Crazy. I smoked them in the green Mountain pellet grill for some flavor and finished them out on this killer little air fry oven I have. Insanely good for my low talent level.
    Go Cats!

Made some cheesy grits yesterday. It’s amazing how much a cup and a half of grits makes. We’re going to be eating them for days.