Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's for supper?

Why, The Pig and Pint, that's what.

Jackson, MS.

Scrumptious pulled pork and my wife said the smoked chicken was out of this world.

Huge portions, and reasonable prices too.

Re: What's for supper?

Man. Do they ship?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I am a BBQ fiend. I find myself liking Bucky Bee's in Cave City at the moment.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Man, those greens sure look mighty tasty...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

What's for supper?

Great, now I have to detour through freak’n MS my next trip south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Those collared greens do look awful good.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Great, now I have to detour through freak’n MS my next trip south.

Unless you are in a blazing hurry, I think it is actually a very enjoyable ride down thru the Magnolia state on I-55 before cutting across on I-10. If you know where to look, you can find some killer hot tamales made the southern way and not like the Mexicans make them. Makes a nice accompaniment to Darrell's BBQ and cornbread.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Man, those greens sure look mighty tasty...

Rupp's Runt

What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I am a BBQ fiend. I find myself liking Bucky Bee's in Cave City at the moment.
    Hope I can remember that. We need to take the girls to mammoth cave soon.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Hope I can remember that. We need to take the girls to mammoth cave soon.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    https://buckybeesbbqtogo.com/

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

See Rock City.

(it seemed to fit with the current theme)
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

What's for supper?

Will be heading back to Jackson or up to Cincinnati or both in the next 4 weeks. Looking forward to a return trip to The Pig and Pint and maybe some new places in Cincy.

What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Will be heading back to Jackson or up to Cincinnati or both in the next 4 weeks. Looking forward to a return trip to The Pig and Pint and maybe some new places in Cincy.
    The Precinct (Jeff Ruby joint) in cincy is one of my favorites… ironically, The “Montgomery” Inn down on the river is well known for their ribs… kind of tough to compare to Alabama BBQ but it’s a fun outing and the ribs hold their own.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

If you like ice cream for desert, stop at a Graters Ice Cream parlor. Walk in only, unless they have made some Covid related changes recently.

Graters Ice Cream Cincinnati, OH
    seeya
    dan

What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    The Precinct (Jeff Ruby joint) in cincy is one of my favorites… ironically, The “Montgomery” Inn down on the river is well known for their ribs… kind of tough to compare to Alabama BBQ but it’s a fun outing and the ribs hold their own.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If you like ice cream for desert, stop at a Graters Ice Cream parlor. Walk in only, unless they have made some Covid related changes recently.

Graters Ice Cream Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks, gentlemen. My schedule may be dictated by others but those are excellent suggestions!

What's for supper?

Thanks, gentlemen. My schedule may be dictated by others but those are excellent suggestions!
    I could use a celebrity name in the “five celebrities that you know thread” that I met at The Precinct one night.

BTW, Graters makes the best peach ice cream in the world. I do not know how good the ice cream is at the 2 shops south of you along I-65, but when peaches are in season at Graters, (they only make that flavor when they can buy fresh peaches) I will drive to Cincy and buy a few gallons to put in my freezer. They only have stores within fresh delivery distance of their home factory store in Cincy.
    seeya
    dan

What's for supper?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    BTW, Graters makes the best peach ice cream in the world. I do not know how good the ice cream is at the 2 shops south of you along I-65, but when peaches are in season at Graters, (they only make that flavor when they can buy fresh peaches) I will drive to Cincy and buy a few gallons to put in my freezer. They only have stores within fresh delivery distance of their home factory store in Cincy.
    I’ll have to give it a try, we have a Graeter’s on the sunny side of Loooeyville.

Hope your taste buds agree with mine. Their other ice creams are outstanding as well, I just happen to be a peach ice cream fanatic.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Oh man. I've had some good food in Cincinnati. Sadly I can't tell you the name of any of them. When I worked for the college, CBTS would often treat us to some really nice meals.

What's for supper?

Over the Rhine area may interest you. It’s A downtown neighborhood that has been gentrified, featuring multiple restaurants, shops etc.

I was told the Sacred Beast is good. Even if it’s not good, how could anyone resist going anywhere that’s called The Sacred Beast.

Google the OTR district for eateries.

Last edited by blueboss; 02-16-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Fab Five

Dixie Chili Monmouth St. Newport, Ky.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Not sure when they start up. But in 4 weeks there could be one for spring? They have different food festivals on the river. We have accidentally been to a few.

They have a website that list all of them, but I'd have to find it later.

Jeez, now I need to go spend a weekend in Cincy to eat.

Was thinking the same, if this baseball strike will end that might give me a reason

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Dixie Chili Monmouth St. Newport, Ky.
    Is this recommended? I will be in Cincinnati for the next few days.…
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 03-13-2022 at 07:20 PM.

Fab Five

Is this recommended? I will be in Cincinnati for the next few days.…
    it's a great place to go after a night of partying and heavy drinking. It used to be the only place for food in Newport open after 2 am.
    Real Fan since 1958

Yeah, there's stuff I ate when I was younger that I probably couldn't handle now. Or maybe it's the partying and drinking.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

it's a great place to go after a night of partying and heavy drinking. It used to be the only place for food in Newport open after 2 am.
    Is it better than skyline, if not then not worth a try.
    seeya
    dan

What's for supper?

That’s not a glowing critique. Isn’t Newport full of late night strip bars?