Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Sharing a Montana article for our esteemed member, bigsky

Sharing a Montana article for our esteemed member, bigsky

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Sharing a Montana article for our esteemed member, bigsky

I’m not originally from here, either. And I moved here for Montana to change me, not to change Montana. But I did change Bozeman. Which was one of the few MT towns that welcomed outsiders, particularly ones who wanted to contribute. That accounts for our successes, and our failure to supply housing can be laid at the feet of the anti growthers who thought keeping supply low would keep people put. Instead, low supply high demand raised prices so high. We are now a small city with a diversified economy, not just real estate speculation and ag but all kinds of high tech, mid-tech, a second hospital and a successful university with a two year college (I helped start.) We are unlike the rest of Montana, more latte than cowboy, but we are not Los Angeles. Bozemancisco politically, unfortunately. Were you to visit, on your way to skiiing, fishing, Yellowstone park, etc, you would like it here. People do. Which is why they are coming. But just as importantly, people with skills have found a way to stay, unlike in the past when graduates all left town.

Fab Five

We have to get my trip rescheduled!
    Real Fan since 1958

Yes we do!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I’m not originally from here, either. And I moved here for Montana to change me, not to change Montana. But I did change Bozeman. Which was one of the few MT towns that welcomed outsiders, particularly ones who wanted to contribute. That accounts for our successes, and our failure to supply housing can be laid at the feet of the anti growthers who thought keeping supply low would keep people put. Instead, low supply high demand raised prices so high. We are now a small city with a diversified economy, not just real estate speculation and ag but all kinds of high tech, mid-tech, a second hospital and a successful university with a two year college (I helped start.) We are unlike the rest of Montana, more latte than cowboy, but we are not Los Angeles. Bozemancisco politically, unfortunately. Were you to visit, on your way to skiiing, fishing, Yellowstone park, etc, you would like it here. People do. Which is why they are coming. But just as importantly, people with skills have found a way to stay, unlike in the past when graduates all left town.
    The natural scenery isn't too shabby either!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

North and west of town, looking east towards the Bridger Mountains. The ridge run where extra fit humans run all along the top of those mountains was last week.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    North and west of town, looking east towards the Bridger Mountains. The ridge run where extra fit humans run all along the top of those mountains was last week.
    Yep, taken a year ago from the back lawn of MAP Brewing! Very good brewery with some good food and some of the best views of any brewery I have been to.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Good music at times too. Bad parking.