Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taliban Seize Kandahar, Prepare to March on Afghan Capital Kabul

Taliban Seize Kandahar, Prepare to March on Afghan Capital Kabul

The scenes of triumphant Taliban fighters conquering city after city, amassing vast arsenals of Western-supplied weapons, have unnerved many of America’s allies. In an unusual criticism of the U.S., U.K. Defense Secretary Ben Wallace described the Doha agreement in a Sky News interview as “a rotten deal” that “effectively told a Taliban that wasn’t winning that they were winning.”

“We will all, in the international community, probably pay the consequences of that,” he added.

I am sure the international community will be offering Sleepy a pat on the back for his foreign relations abilities.

Wall Street Journal
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Taliban Seize Kandahar, Prepare to March on Afghan Capital Kabul

Joe’s Jimmy Carter moment is coming.

This is a debacle. It couldn't have been handled worse.

Once again proving that if the US shows up, do NOT cooperate with us. We will leave you high and dry an sell you out.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

This clown is a complete joke!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Once again proving that if the US shows up, do NOT cooperate with us. We will leave you high and dry an sell you out.
    Sleepy's press conference, where he read the answer to the softball, pre-planned question, laid all the blame in the lap of the Afghan government. He read a list of all the things and all the money the US had provided them in the last 20 years, and then went a bit off script, looked at the camera and said, and I paraphrase here, only way they were ever going to solve their plight was to stand on their own hind legs and negotiate and or fight on their own.
    seeya
    dan

At least our generals are “woke af” tho…

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

I disagree. He could have handle it worse. It would have taken an effort but with Biden, I'm never shocked by how bad it could be.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Sleepy's press conference, where he read the answer to the softball, pre-planned question, laid all the blame in the lap of the Afghan government. He read a list of all the things and all the money the US had provided them in the last 20 years, and then went a bit off script, looked at the camera and said, and I paraphrase here, only way they were ever going to solve their plight was to stand on their own hind legs and negotiate and or fight on their own.
    What, he didn't blame Trump, Covid or the "insurrectionist/GOP"?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

To be fair about it, Trump wanted the troops out of there too…..
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    What, he didn't blame Trump, Covid or the "insurrectionist/GOP"?

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Yes, but stood down on doing it in this hasty fashion.

I'm for leaving too, but to do it this way, leaving materials behind and insuring the Taliban victory with the abrupt way it was done, is a debacle.

And the media was all over Trump for even proposing that move. They're silent on Biden actually doing it, and more hastily than even Trump proposed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Sleepy joe just assured the American people that he doesn't give two hot squats about anyone in the U.S. or Afghanistan.

And he just set the stage for another vicious 9-11 type attack on the U.S. by every terrorist enemy of the U.S. Because again, he doesn't care. He's the reincarnation of "Jimma" Carter and his stupidity in the foreign policy department.

But Ol' Joe and his ilk will get richer off of the money they'll make in the next coming war he'll get us embroiled in. Just wait for it..........
    MOLON LABE!

To be fair, I and most Americans wanted our troops out of there. And to be fair, most American would have done it in a slow and responsible manner.

But then a "fair" attitude is seldom applied in politics. How fair was the criticism of the last administration?

Nothing about it was fair Doc. However, the same end was achieved no matter who is in the White House at this point.
    To be fair, I and most Americans wanted our troops out of there. And to be fair, most American would have done it in a slow and responsible manner.

But then a "fair" attitude is seldom applied in politics. How fair was the criticism of the last administration?

I honestly do not blame sleepy joe. He is not calling the shots. I blame the generals who had to know the Afghan troops would fold like a flat sheet.

Biden is Carter the 2nd. Runaway inflation, terrible foreign relations, and now a military debacle.

Kabal falls.

Reminds me of April 30th 1975
    Last edited by Doc; 08-15-2021 at 06:47 PM.

This was going to happen at some point, no pretty way to do it and one of those we should have never been there moments...again.
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    This was going to happen at some point, no pretty way to do it and one of those we should have never been there moments...again.
    Could have been handled way better than this, and we missed opportunities to set up more stable regimes under multiple Administrations.

It will be ok until America is hit again or Russia tries to invade their country.

And let 5,000 hardcore Taliban be released from prison, including the now president, in exchange for a three month ceasefire. They’re now rampaging and murdering.

Hell that sounds like Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco, Portland and Louisville!

Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-16-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    And let 5,000 hardcore Taliban be released from prison, including the now president, in exchange for a three month ceasefire. They’re now rampaging and murdering.
    When in doubt, blame Trump??? Wonder how many of those 5 POW who were returned to Afganistan in the Bergdhal trade are leading this? Or does that not matter

The Taliban lived up to their end of the agreement (link) and had they not there would have been repercussions. Joe Biden and his administration have elected not to continue to enforce those. It fall 100% on him, not Trump. Biden has also put forth the theory that because Trump wanted to withdraw, Biden had no option but to continue it. WHAT A JOKE. Nearly every single Trump policy was reversed by Biden on Day 1, so please, cut with the Trump did this BULL####

This falls 100% at the feet of Biden. I was all for getting out of the Middle East. But I was all for doing it logically and safely. Not just for the safety of Americans but also for the Afganies who helped us. We left them cold. The last time I saw a move this chicken **** was when Jim Irsay took the Baltimore Colts to Indy in the middle of the night. And to top it off, he went to INDY, which is only a slightly better place than Kubal Afganistan!!!
    Last edited by Doc; 08-16-2021 at 11:11 AM.

And to top it off, he went to INDY, which is only a slightly better place than Kubal Afganistan!!!
    seeya
    dan

Leon Panetta, Obama's Sec. of Defense, called this Biden's "Bay of Pigs" moment.

When numerous former Obama era people are calling this a debacle, it's a debacle.

When in doubt, blame Trump??? Wonder how many of those 5 POW who were returned to Afganistan in the Bergdhal trade are leading this? Or does that not matter

The Taliban lived up to their end of the agreement (link) and had they not there would have been repercussions. Joe Biden and his administration have elected not to continue to enforce those. It fall 100% on him, not Trump. Biden has also put forth the theory that because Trump wanted to withdraw, Biden had no option but to continue it. WHAT A JOKE. Nearly every single Trump policy was reversed by Biden on Day 1, so please, cut with the Trump did this BULL####

This falls 100% at the feet of Biden. I was all for getting out of the Middle East. But I was all for doing it logically and safely. Not just for the safety of Americans but also for the Afganies who helped us. We left them cold. The last time I saw a move this chicken **** was when Jim Irsay took the Baltimore Colts to Indy in the middle of the night. And to top it off, he went to INDY, which is only a slightly better place than Kubal Afganistan!!!
    Oh it definitely could have been handled a whole lot better. But the blame obviously doesn’t lie solely at Biden’s feet.

Famous Harry Truman words, on dropping of A bomb, “FDR made me do it”.

I’ve read Harry Truman. I admire Harry Truman. Surrender Joe is no Harry Truman

Exclusive photos of Biden's address today on Afghanistan (can't call it a press conference if no one is going to ask real questions):

Apparently we're having an orderly, well run evacuation of Kabul.

After which he, seriously, got back on Marine One and back to Camp David.

I'd blame Biden but since I know he doesn't make many of his own decisions, I blame the puppeteers who are running this country.

Oh it definitely could have been handled a whole lot better. But the blame obviously doesn’t lie solely at Biden’s feet.
    The blame for Afghanistan? Nope. More falls on Bush

The blame for how the withdraw was handled is totally on Biden....100%

Yes, it does. He is POTUS. He could have changed any policy as he has proven since Jan. This is his debacle. But, so has every otheer freaking thing he has done in 7 months.

Nothing about leaving there was going to be pleasant. However, members of this admin including Biden himself said this wouldn’t be like Vietnam where rescues from the roof of the embassy would be necessary.
    It was worse, in fact. Our own people couldn’t get out of the country before this happened.
    The execution of the exit is Biden’s fail. His own words weeks before say so too.