Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Oregon governor signs bill suspending math, reading requirements for HS graduates

Oregon governor signs bill suspending math, reading requirements for HS graduates

Charles Boyle, the deputy communications director from Brown’s office, told the paper in an email that staff from the governor’s office informed legislative staffers about the bill's signing on the day it was passed. He also said that the new standards for graduation will help benefit the state’s "Black, Latino, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of color."

This fails to address the needs of the vast majority of HS students, you know the poor oppressed Caucasian student. BTW, after reading the list of the students that will benefit, I do wonder what color the students of color are.

Linkage
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-10-2021 at 08:01 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Oregon governor signs bill suspending math, reading requirements for HS graduates

So how does this help them really, just makes it easier for them to not work and live off the democratic government oh and I can see why being a Democrat helps Americans.

Re: Oregon governor signs bill suspending math, reading requirements for HS graduates

It is a racist policy in the quote. res ipsa loquitur

Never ceases to amaze me the levels of racism contained in leftist movements to "combat racism".
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

“A liberal will cut off your leg so he can hand you a crutch.”

Jim Brown

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me the levels of racism contained in leftist movements to "combat racism".
    None of it amazes me. The left, including their minority politicians, are heavily invested in continuing their racist methods in order to line their own pockets and maintain power.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    “A liberal will cut off your leg so he can hand you a crutch.”

Jim Brown
    seeya
    dan

And this is the REAL problem with the "Equity" movement vs "Equality"

One of those movements assumes a person can never achieve because of inherent differences. The other seeks to ensure all have the same opportunity.

As an educator it is my philosophy that the two most important areas that enable student success in life are the ability to read and competency in skills necessary for basic computational competency. Every other educational goal is an outgrowth of those two. We shouldn’t have high school graduates who can’t read and do basic computation.

Again it’s another form of control and slavery if you want to get down to the bones of it.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Again it’s another form of control and slavery if you want to get down to the bones of it.
    My contention has always been urban areas are the modern equivalents to plantations.

Very good analogy.

THE key to escaping poverty and the endless welfare cycle is education. The difference between the haves of the suburbs and the have nots of the inner city is education. And its not just the quality of the education provided but rather the emphasis and importance placed on it by the family. When parents (plural) don't value and require an education of their children then you can't expect the children to be educated. Now add a lowering of the standard and this is a **** show waiting to happen.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

How do you think all the Presidents and CEOs of the high tec industry in the upper north west feel about the governor's lack of emphasis on basic educational skills for HS graduates?

Maybe they no longer care about the home grown education as they have already exported jobs requiring minimum tech skills to China.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-14-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    seeya
    dan

To get out of poverty you have to want to, have the desire to get out.
    99% of the people on welfare understand the system and live in the system to take advantage, they understand how many kids to have for more money.
    They are raised in the system and do not want better or to get out of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    THE key to escaping poverty and the endless welfare cycle is education. The difference between the haves of the suburbs and the have nots of the inner city is education. And its not just the quality of the education provided but rather the emphasis and importance placed on it by the family. When parents (plural) don't value and require an education of their children then you can't expect the children to be educated. Now add a lowering of the standard and this is a **** show waiting to happen.
    There is one obvious example that is consistently overlooked. Asian immigrants succeed at higher rates than American minorities because they have a stronger family unit.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    There is one obvious example that is consistently overlooked. Asian immigrants succeed at higher rates than American minorities because they have a stronger family unit.
    It's all about culture and family emphasis. Asian Americans are a great example. Either they are genetically just smarter or, as a culture, they place a lot more importance on education than other groups, b/c they consistently out perform every other group.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The 1965 from Daniel Moynihan in LBJ’s Office of Planning and Research documented and predicted the disaster of a crumbling family structure. Essential reading then and today.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    The 1965 from Daniel Moynihan in LBJ’s Office of Planning and Research documented and predicted the disaster of a crumbling family structure. Essential reading then and today.
    I find, and have found since my first exposure to the report in the early 70s, that the number of groups and individuals that whole heartedly disagreed, and still disagree, with his recommendations and took serious issue with his findings and blame the phenomenon on racism, racially biased language, and hold over slavery biases and issues for the poor academic achievement, instead of watching the events play out in front of them, witness the results, and arrive at a logical, unbiased conclusion.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    \

Hell they outperform the average Caucasian majority student.
    seeya
    dan

In some Caucasian groups education is not very important.