Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Camera Repair??

Camera Repair??

Hey guys, prob a one off but thought I would get your opinions.

I have a 4 year old Sony a7ii Full Frame camera. Really love this camera and the shots it can take. Makes me look halfway competent.

I put is in my backpack on the way to our trip to Maine Coast and Boston. When I got it out in Maine, the camera would not power off. The On/off switch appears stuck in the on mode. Still takes good pics but runs through its battery pretty fast.

In my little hometown of Winchester VA there does not appear any repair options so I am going to have to send away. The one online quote I got was $400 just to send it and have them look at is. It was an $1800 camera (with a stock lens) in 2017 and still about $1200 online. So I am likely going to bite the bullet. Would consider trading up but not sure what value someone would give me for it.

So, any of you have any electronic camera repair places you trust?

Re: Camera Repair??

KEH has a good reputation. I have always used Wolfe Camera in Nashville, but they closed up shop for good.

KEH Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Thanks Dan. Will check them out. Seem to have a pretty loyal following.

I may consider just trading mine in and KEH would allow that it appears.

Camera Repair??

Murpheys in Louisville used to be very good at repairs…I have not had the need for 20 years or so, so I’m not really sure anymore. Worth a call though…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

If you want to look at trade in deals, check with Adorama before you pull the trigger. Nothing against KEH at all, but you might get a better deal at Adorama. No guarantees, but Adorama is a huge camera shop. I have spent a lot of money with them in the last 45 years.
    seeya
    dan

Get a can of compressed air and try blowing out the switch while cycling it on and off. It’s a long shot, but sometimes long shots pay off.

Trash it. Send it to me
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Making any progress? The last bit of advice was a bit suspect.
    seeya
    dan