Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Senate advances Biden's $1T infrastructure bill in rare Saturday session

Re: Senate advances Biden's $1T infrastructure bill in rare Saturday session

Is this the infrastructure bill already passed in the Senate or is it the BBB spending spree bill that was still a framework just a couple of days ago that is coming up for a vote?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Is this the infrastructure bill already passed in the Senate or is it the BBB spending spree bill that was still a framework just a couple of days ago that is coming up for a vote?
    They want to vote for both today, but it isn’t looking like they have the votes for the reconciliation bill.

It looks like the infrastructure bill will be voted on today, but only the rules for voting on the massive reconciliation bill will be voted on, and not the bill itself.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/bi...ocial-spending
    Last edited by KeithKSR; 11-05-2021 at 02:35 PM.

And that is what happened. They passed the infrastructure bill and it can go to Brandon's desk for final signature, but the BBB early Christmas present bill will have to wait for the CBO to score that portion of the spending package before a vote will take place. If the house passes that spending package, it will then go to the Senate for likely modifications and a vote.
    seeya
    dan

Listening to BootyGuage right now. Light rail! Passenger trains! Transit! Build Back Better! Free Money!

Half your salary still is not “your fair share”. According to that dipstick.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Listening to BootyGuage right now. Light rail! Passenger trains! Transit! Build Back Better! Free Money!
    Typical government emotes. Has no sense of the real world. Takes 3 months "maturity leave" and he wasn't even the birthing person. In the real world, nobody take 3 months off
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I hope one of Tester, Sinema or Manchin says no to BBB if it passes the House. Right now the bill doesn’t have the votes to pass the House.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I hope one of Tester, Sinema or Manchin says no to BBB if it passes the House. Right now the bill doesn’t have the votes to pass the House.
    Nancy thinks she has the votes to push it thru as it is written today. If the Senate makes major chances to it before they return it to the House, then it could fall on it's face. The house passed the reconciliation rule and that makes the number of votes needed to be 51 instead of 60 from the Senate side, but it pushes the Senate to examine each part of the bill to make sure it qualifies under the reconciliation guidelines, and it it does not, they have to throw that part of the overall bill out. I am convinced that Sinema and Manchin will stick to their guns. The new bill may satisfy their demands, but I betcha if they read all 2,000 plus pages closely enough, they will not be satisfied.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-06-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Nancy thinks she has the votes to push it thru as it is written today. If the Senate makes major chances to it before they return it to the House, then it could fall on it's face. The house passed the reconciliation rule and that makes the number of votes needed to be 51 instead of 60 from the Senate side, but it pushes the Senate to examine each part of the bill to make sure it qualifies under the reconciliation guidelines, and it it does not, they have to throw it out. I am convinced that Sinema and Manchin will stick to their guns. The new bill may satisfy their demands, but I betcha if they read all 2,000 plus pages closely enough, they will not be satisfied.
    If Nancy had the votes she would have had the House vote on it yesterday.

I think she wants the Senate to vote it down and send it back to the House leaving her no room to mess around and still meet the December deadline, so she can do interviews blasting the Senate and the Republicans, while telling her left leaning supporters that she fought long and hard to get them the promised BBB free dollars.
    seeya
    dan

Agree. Political theater for the stupid masses who don’t really pay attention.
    I think she wants the Senate to vote it down and send it back to the House leaving her no room to mess around and still meet the December deadline, so she can do interviews blasting the Senate and the Republicans, while telling her left leaning supporters that she fought long and hard to get them the promised BBB free dollars.

Tester is a lost cause. No longer moderate at all. A swamper, not a montanan.

It must have been difficult to remain a moderate in Soggy Bottom during the Obama years, and serving with Schumer, Bernie, etc
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Tester is a lost cause. No longer moderate at all. A swamper, not a montanan.
    Amazing how that happens to so many, who get really used to the warm feeling of having people kiss your ass and act like you're important.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Trump slams Biden spending bills as 'Green New Deal,' warns Democrats will lose dozens of House seats in 2022

GOP BUILDS CONFIDENCE THAT BIDEN'S INFRASTRUCTURE, SOCIAL SPENDING PACKAGES WILL FAIL

Meanwhile, a White House official told Fox News that Biden is speaking with House leadership, progressives and moderates "in an effort to come to a solution" Friday night.

Democrats in the House had expected to have the votes to pass both the bipartisan infrastructure bill and their massive reconciliation spending bill Friday.

Biden's social spending package, once valued at $3.5 trillion, is now down to a leaner $1.75 trillion after progressives and moderates agreed to cut programs, including universal community college.
    seeya
    dan

I am big supporter of two year college, having banged away until one was started here. But no one values anything they get for free. Andthe new spending package is no more $1.75 trillion than it is free.

Just as previously discussed. She is gonna put the push on so she can dump the responsibility over to the Senate.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

Another watchdog group now estimates the true cost of the upcoming bill to be $5 trillion, not $1.8 trillion.

It would take 253,344.6 years, 32 days, 1 hour, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds. to count that many 1 dollar bills, if one counted each bill in 1 second and never took a break for a meal or a potty break. By then, I think our future relatives will be able to definitively give us the answer to the global warning debate.

Linkage
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-17-2021 at 08:05 AM.
    seeya
    dan

The broom rider got the bill advanced to the Senate. 220 votes for, and 213 nay votes.
    seeya
    dan

The broom rider got the bill advanced to the Senate. 220 votes for, and 213 nay votes.
    I meant to mention yesterday, that the vote tally "should" prevent the demorats from claiming that they have a mandate for the spending spree. I almost guarantee that when they get something across the finish line, we will hear those words being used by some of the idiots.
    seeya
    dan

What Abe Lincoln Would Say About the Biden Budget Bill
    Now, about the legislation that is sometimes called the Triple B. Forget about “Build Back Better.” The more apt phrase would be “bankrupt, benefit, and bureaucracy.” The bill is a disaster for the economy, and should’ve been killed. Right? That’s my mantra. Save America. Kill the bill.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

CBO finally removes the fake exclusions in the Demorat bill and now says the Biden triple B act will cost 4.9 trillion instead of the previous 2.7 trillion estimate.

That is right 4.9 TRILLION
    seeya
    dan

Unless something untoward happens to Senator Manchin, the BBBa is dead in the water, as his one no vote, if the Republicans hold their no votes. will be the one vote the conservatives need to kill it.

My recommendation to him is to hire high quality personal protection and have a troop of computer whiz kids to crack into Hillary's email server and monitor her black money accounts for large cash transactions sent to known gunmen.
    seeya
    dan

Thank goodness for the West Virginia senator at least he has some sense being a Democrat.