Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Thoughts and Reactions of ICU Physician who is starting all over again

Thoughts and Reactions of ICU Physician who is starting all over again

Linkage

I thought when this pandemic began that we were all in this fight together, engaged in a war against a common enemy. Now, I painfully realize: Perhaps we were never on the same side and we never had a common enemy. Perhaps the war has been among ourselves all along. We have won many battles but unvaccinated America is choosing to let COVID win the war.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Thoughts and Reactions of ICU Physician who is starting all over again

seeya
    dan

Bewildering, really.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Bewildering, really.
    I am not sure, but I could have been the first case of Covid 19 or something damn similar in KY. A business associate of mine and I were teaching a seminar in Lexington, and we wee loading up the excess supplies and my buddy said I pretty much just fell out. He called for an ambulance and that began my 2 month stay at Baptist hospital. Diagnosis was the flu and pneumonia. Had a very minor heart attack early in my stay. My wife got to the hospital before they threw any dirt on me and they said my chances were slim. She told them I was a pretty tough old bird and to give me a chance. I was intubated and pretty much unconscious for a little over a month When they finally saw I was not going to give up, they kicked me out.

When my age group was allowed to register for the shot I was an early enrollee. Got both shots and stayed in as prescribed. Wore a mask as recommended, and still wear it in crowded environments.

I could not imagine doing anything any different. I do not want to be isolated from my grand youngins and damn sure do not want to make them sick.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-05-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Well Dan now there is some evidence that it was infecting people in late fall, 2019. I have a friend that lost taste and smell with a bad cough in December 2019. I am glad you take precautions and are back in the pink.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Well Dan now there is some evidence that it was infecting people in late fall, 2019. I have a friend that lost taste and smell with a bad cough in December 2019. I am glad you take precautions and are back in the pink.
    I realize this is anecdotal but a large factory here has pretty much been covid free. However, some virus had all of them sick in Fall of 2019. This place probably employees nearly 2000 people. Was covid then? I don't know. I just hate at this point that I will never be confident of any facts released.

it's stunning how people think, or in most cases do not think. It is rife on both sides of the political aisle, where people simply believe things with a process more again to religious faith than objective analysis.

Faith is fine, but faith belongs with those things we can't see, like God. It doesn't belong in decisions about science or economics.

The second problem is people can't discern a "fact" from "anecdote". Knowing one person who got Covid and was fine doesn't mean it's not dangerous. Likewise knowing someone who died in 2 days doesn't mean it's as bad as anthrax. The truth is determined from the pool of reactions in which both of those things happen, looking at the odds, etc.

Finally, there is the "our side" mentality. People absorb whatever "Their" leaders or friends tell them, and dismiss everyone else. There is little objective questioning of one's "side".

This is true well beyond Covid. but it's really obvious in Covid.

We have complete shutdowns etc. when the science may not really justify them, and then we have unvaccinated people gathering en masse as if there is no threat at all. Neither is the correct response. One is unworkable economically and socially and the other is unworkable for health.

one thing is for sure. I'm not taking a vacation to the Ozarks any time soon. And really not anywhere else. but I will go out here and there and not board up the windows either. Of course I got my free vaccine and government microchip too.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I realize this is anecdotal but a large factory here has pretty much been covid free. However, some virus had all of them sick in Fall of 2019. This place probably employees nearly 2000 people. Was covid then? I don't know. I just hate at this point that I will never be confident of any facts released.
    One of the biggest problems facing the government for any vaccine is that the government and its leaders have lied so often no one believes them.

And they aren't wrong to be completely skeptical. I am. Our history is rife with government lies, and relevant to this it is full of examples of various agencies knowing that people were getting sick or poisoned from something and covering it up. There are numerous examples of this in the military, but also Dept. of Energy, etc.

they all lie all the time and exaggerate and twist and contort the facts for their benefit to the point that no one believes our leaders when they tell us something that may in fact be the truth.

As for Covid it's very likely it was here in late 2019.

It would help if we knew more about the actual release point, but the chinese are going to do everything possible (and have) to cover up the truth of its release. It's likely it got out of that lab in the fall of 2019 and quickly got around the world.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    In November and December we had kids missing a week or two of school with some kind of flu like virus. They had symptoms that would later be identified as Covid.