Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Olympic 's thread..Welcome to Tokyo

Re: Olympic 's thread..Welcome to Tokyo

3 on 3 basketball is officially the weakest Olympic sport ever. Worse the badminton and skateboarding. Its like watching stuff in your driveway
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Broken ankle and mental health are nowhere close to the same thing.
    She should have withdrawn BEFORE the games. And its not like she did not know the stresses and expectations
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Olympic 's thread..Welcome to Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    She should have withdrawn BEFORE the games. And its not like she did not know the stresses and expectations
    Mental health doesn't work that way. It's not something you can predict or turn on or off.

Rupp's Runt

Mental health doesn't work that way. It's not something you can predict or turn on or off.
    Off Topic reply: Was she really being held to a different standard in scoring?

Back to topic: I've been pretty disappointed in some things said about and toward her. Crazy talk. I do wish she would have came and competed at something. Would have been good for her if she could have. But she knows better than I.

I am not buying what she is selling. Mental health??? Not so messed up that she is out of the Olympics, just the event she ####ed up in. Sorry, she had a poor performance. Her response was to quit and blame.mental health. Were she really that ill I suspect she would have dropped out of ALL competition

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...-body-not-sync

Sounds like she's probably not going to compete in any more Olympic events if she stays in her current condition.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I wanted to enjoy the 3 on 3 basketball but the production value was so poor, I couldn't get into it. Whoever decided the best angle was the opposite end of the court, in what feels like the back corner, apparently never watched a basketball broadcast before. We're used to the camera being on the side around midcourt.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Were she really that ill I suspect she would have dropped out of ALL competition
    I thought she did drop out of all competition? Did she not?

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I thought she did drop out of all competition? Did she not?
    Last I heard she was going to compete in the individual events. Could be wrong though. Again, last I heard

She is struggling with the “twisties”.
    Sounds a good bit like having the yips on the golf course.
    http://www.wlky.com/article/simone-b...rt0aYX5uFWrEso

Who you less likely to pull for?

Raquet tossers ( .https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...throws-racquet )

Kneeler? ( https://www.skynews.com.au/australia...786ba4c6b7ffc1 )

Opt outers? ( https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/...ummer-olympics )

A shaman? (https://sports.yahoo.com/a-transgend...223430503.html )

IMO Biles should not even be in the conversation. One is just a poor sport. One is just a legalized cheater, but its woke cheating so no pbm. The other is a bunch of whiny ####s.

I will take #1 as the worse
    Last edited by Doc; 07-31-2021 at 09:30 AM.

I am not buying what she is selling. Mental health??? Not so messed up that she is out of the Olympics, just the event she ####ed up in. Sorry, she had a poor performance. Her response was to quit and blame.mental health. Were she really that ill I suspect she would have dropped out of ALL competition
    You're way wrong.

Very, very bad take Doc.

You're way wrong.

Very, very bad take Doc.
    The initial report was "mental health". In fact your oginal post mentions mental health as the reason. Apparently that is what is incorrect. Seems more like vertigo or spacial reference issue than mental health. If the issue is a physical one, as is vertigo, then I have no issue. But what was originally reported was something different.

Just a PSA, men's 100 meter final is on tonight at 7:00 pm EDT. May not be on at 7:00 on the dot and may just be part of the 7 oclock time slot. Have not seen any negative behavior from the 100 meter team
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Who won the bronze in golf stroke play? I recorded the last round last night/this morning but didn’t allow for a playoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

There was a 7 player playoff for the bronze. They started off with 7 players in the playoff and whittled it down to two and those two players played 2 holes to determine the winner. C.T. Pan took the bronze at the end of the play off.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Hah, it’s great to see someone making their own best decision for themselves regardless of all the pressure from the media and the rest of the kollectiv. You might discover a corollary if you ponder a minute, eh?

Does anyone know why Australia's athletic colors are green and yellow? None of that is in their flag.

Mrs. BEvans asked that question while we were watching the swimming, and as usual she asked something I didn't know the answer to.

It always works out that way doesn’t it? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Does anyone know why Australia's athletic colors are green and yellow? None of that is in their flag.

Mrs. BEvans asked that question while we were watching the swimming, and as usual she asked something I didn't know the answer to.

^You got that right!

I think the answer you're looking for is TO LIE. Make up some crap about how in the 1928 Olympics their colors were the same as Lower Slobovia and in a show of solidarity with their recent status as a new country freed from the Austro-Hungarian empire at the end of WWI the Aussies agreed to change colors.

Jeez, how do you guys stay married with this whole honesty thing? Can't let them think they have over on you, you'll never hear the end of it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Man, this bite

Megan Rapinoe on US women's soccer's Olympics loss to Canada: 'It sucks'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/megan...er-loss-canada

Can't say I am upset about them losing.

I'll raise you Doc. I'm glad they lost. less I have to listen to it.

I don't know who they think they represent but since they can pick and choose in receiving America's good graces when they want and then rip the nation when they please, I guess I can pick and choose who represents me as well.

I think as much of athletes peddling moral superiority and using their platforms for politics as much as I think of actors doing it. You're free to believe what you will but just b/c you're on the US Olympic team doesn't mean I have to support you if you choose to intertwine that role with your political thoughts. Any more than I have to pay for a ticket at a theater to support some actor doing the same thing.

And I'm to the point I really don't care what politics they peddle. I'm just sick of it pervading every part of my life. We try hard to separate it on this board for that very reason. People come to the main board to talk sports, not politics. It still eeks in there once in a while but we really do try b/c we know others feel the same way.

People watch sports to take a break from the trials and tribulations of life, not to have them beat over the head with them. And by definition about half of the people watching probably strongly disagree to boot.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 08-02-2021 at 05:55 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And the USA hammerthrower who refuse to acknowledge Americ's National anthem came in LAST place. Karma is a biotch

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olym...nl-000100-.htm

Hoping we come in 4th.

I miss seeing boxing in the Olympics. Haven't seen too much of it in this one. A few that I enjoyed the most in the Olympics: Sugar Ray Leonard, the Spinks brothers, Howard Davis, Pernell Whitaker, Mark Breland, Oscar de la Hoya.

This poor young lady is in the wrong decade:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/olymp...senting-the-us

God bless her. Refreshing that someone representing the USA is proud of the nation she represents.

That's great to hear when in a time all they want to do is tear America apart for their own greed.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This poor young lady is in the wrong decade:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/olymp...senting-the-us

God bless her. Refreshing that someone representing the USA is proud of the nation she represents.
    The picture accompany the story says it all

The picture accompany the story says it all
    Rare to see an athlete waving an American flag. Unless it's on fire.