Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covid as a factor?

Re: Covid as a factor?

Reminds me I need to do the shingles one. I recall there was supposed to be a wait but I think I'm good now. Though I'm hoping Pfizer gets permission to offer a 3rd shot for Covid.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Reminds me I need to do the shingles one. I recall there was supposed to be a wait but I think I'm good now. Though I'm hoping Pfizer gets permission to offer a 3rd shot for Covid.
    The wonderful, trustworthy WHO does not want you got get a booster shot

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My doc wanted me to get the shingles before the Pfizer this spring. I’m 59. I would check first though and make sure they have it on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    The wonderful, trustworthy WHO does not want you got get a booster shot

Linkage
    Yeah, they'd never lie about the need for a booster shot for Americans and Europeans. Not them.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Shingles shot is expensive, insurance doesnt really cover, and there is a chance of Guillan-Barre spelling not withstanding. So investigate. I would have gotten it and probably will someday.

Got both pneumonia vaccines. Get a flu shot annually. Medicine has saved my live twice, and now I’m going for three. It has a great track record in the last 100 years.

My insurance covered both shots of the Shingrix 100%.

Up until my stint in the hospital I had never taken the flu, nor the pneumonia vaccines, and have always been too stupid to cover the shingles virus.

I have not nor will I miss the flu and pneumonia shots as long as they keep giving them and i can afford them.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    My insurance covered both shots of the Shingrix 100%.
    And mine did not. Which is why ya gotta check

Hopefully people are still getting vaccinated but we’re probably about to reach the point to where it’s too late to really matter since it takes awhile to build up immunity. Best thing for now is to avoid crowds.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Up until my stint in the hospital I had never taken the flu, nor the pneumonia vaccines, and have always been too stupid to cover the shingles virus.

I have not nor will I miss the flu and pneumonia shots as long as they keep giving them and i can afford them.
    I signed up to take the flu shot 20-25 years ago. When they saw I have an egg white allergy that put a quick end to taking flu shots. I don’t know that I have ever had the flu, which is quite an accomplishment for someone who worked in public schools for 30 years.

The only reason for a booster would be a decreased immunity over time, and right now they have no idea how long any immunities might last. The interesting thing I have observed is reinfections of Covid are much rarer than someone contracting Covid who has been vaccinated, but not infected.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The only reason for a booster would be a decreased immunity over time, and right now they have no idea how long any immunities might last. The interesting thing I have observed is reinfections of Covid are much rarer than someone contracting Covid who has been vaccinated, but not infected.
    But if CoviD is so prevalent, why are we not continually exposed which basically boosts the vaccine induced immunity?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    But if CoviD is so prevalent, why are we not continually exposed which basically boosts the vaccine induced immunity?
    According to the MSM everyone in Florida must currently be infected. Is that not true?

Our local health department is freaking out about the current rate in our county, it was running into the high 70s per 100,000. I told them at that rate it would take 3.5 years for everyone in our county to become infected. Kentucky has had just under 376,000 confirmed cases out of a population of around 4.5 million. That means less than one confirmed case for every 10 people. Numbers of “probable” cases are included in the state totals that are pumped out daily, but those probables never tested positive. It seems to me that there should be no one in the probable category since antibody testing would reveal if someone has had the virus, provided they haven’t taken a vaccine. One issue with the confirmed numbers is that the PCR test cannot discriminate between Covid and influenza, which also means it cannot distinguish between those two viruses and RSV, and other coronaviruses that humans are susceptible to contracting. The PCR test is also prone to false results. There was info on the PCR issues on the CDC website, but the info magically disappeared shortly after non-MSM sources began reporting it. I read the info before it was taken down. After it was taken down the MSM issued fact checks claiming the reports were false. There seems to be a lot of this type of thing going on.