Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid as a factor?

Covid as a factor?

I don't even want to think about it but, how many testing positive from each team is bound to play a part. Maybe I missed something but I didn't read or hear of one player infected last year of dying or even being hospitalized. I read Bama is the only team in the league that has the desired 85%+ vaccination rate among its team

Re: Covid as a factor?

“43% of our football teams or 6 of 14 have reached the 80% threshold of roster vaccination…that number needs to grow & grow rapidly”

- @GregSankey at #SECMD21

As per Cole Cubelic’s twitter today. I’m not sure where UK stands.

Get vaccinated… they will never relinquish control till you do.. it works

They think the Delta variant has an “R naught value” of 4 or higher, more than twice the original’s infectious rate, so it’s probably about to explode. The good news is that means it’ll burn out fast. If we don’t see a shift that gets around the vaccine it should all pretty much be over in a couple of months. The bad part about so many people still being unvaccinated is that every infection presents it with another opportunity to mutate and if that happens we’re right back to square one.

This wave will primarily be a disease of the unvaccinated and children too young to be vaccinated. When schools open, look out.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

With regards to kids.. they have been in summer school, camps, etc… get vaccinated… but it’s unfair to penalize the rest of the country to restrict things based on the not vaccinated

If the powers that be try to restrict the vaccinated or try to force mask mandates a refusal to comply would be justified

There is a segment of the population that will never get vaccinated and it has nothing to do with politics.

I think I failed to get my point across, as I reread what I posted. This is probably going to be peaking right as college football season is starting back up. How that affects attendance or actually holding the games or anything else is anyone’s guess right now. I didn’t mean anything political.

Understand but we keep pushing and telling folks to get vaccinated and there are millions that do not believe in vaccinations.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    They think the Delta variant has an “R naught value” of 4 or higher, more than twice the original’s infectious rate, so it’s probably about to explode. The good news is that means it’ll burn out fast. If we don’t see a shift that gets around the vaccine it should all pretty much be over in a couple of months. The bad part about so many people still being unvaccinated is that every infection presents it with another opportunity to mutate and if that happens we’re right back to square one.

This wave will primarily be a disease of the unvaccinated and children too young to be vaccinated. When schools open, look out.
    It may be slightly more infectious, but isn’t nearly as potent. Even being more infectious doesn’t yield more people with the virus. If we aren’t at herd immunity we are really close. Everyone that has had the virus has immunities built up, everyone who took the vaccine has immunities built up, then there are those who have not tested positive, but had mild cases after being exposed and their immune system kept them from becoming infected.

Covid19 is always going to be here, just like the viral descendants of the Spanish flu (H1N1) are still here today. Just like with the flu vaccines those who are at high risk should be vaccinated.

Here is where we are at:

Daily New Cases
    4A060F98-BB2D-4215-82A6-59709A0C6730.jpg

Daily Deaths
    1DED972B-ED9F-4EAB-9658-8DA2CAF31180.jpg

New cases and deaths reported today
    BC857BEA-0E7E-494C-8068-7FD00711B8F7.jpg

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Understand but we keep pushing and telling folks to get vaccinated and there are millions that do not believe in vaccinations.
    It’s a risk-reward situation. If you are young you aren’t going to die from Covid unless you have some condition that makes you more vulnerable. If you’ve already had the virus your natural immunities make vaccinating irrelevant. I have yet to see a report of someone surviving an initial infection, then succumbing to a second infection. On the other hand the CDC VAERS database now indicates over 6000 deaths that have been reported after taking the vaccine. There have been a large number of reports that indicate people had severe reactions that resulted in permanent damage to the health of young adults and children after taking the vaccine.

310D61F3-B598-4399-BFD1-4B6B71384B48.jpg

The R-naught of 4 means that every person that gets it is giving it to four other people so it’s pretty much going to sweep thru the unvaccinated population. And no, we’re not even close to herd immunity. At this point our country has about a 60% seropositive rate from vaccines and prior infections so 40% have no protection. That’s a lot of people. Luckily we have over 85% of those over age 65 vaccinated so hopefully hospitals won’t overflow.

A few breakthrough cases will probably kill vaccinated people; immunocompromised are especially at risk. And I’m worried about those kids under 12. I’m putting the mask back on for the next couple of months, at least in places where people gather (wore one at Kroger yesterday). I’d recommend everyone else do the same.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 07-26-2021 at 03:10 AM.

We're worried about getting vaccinated while thousands of untested illegals stream across the border. The masks that most of us wear have very little value. The eyes and ears are exposed and the virus is much smaller than the openings in the masks. Uncovered emails by Fauci have him saying they're not any good. For masks to be effective we wouldn't be able to breathe with them on.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It’s a risk-reward situation. If you are young you aren’t going to die from Covid unless you have some condition that makes you more vulnerable. If you’ve already had the virus your natural immunities make vaccinating irrelevant. I have yet to see a report of someone surviving an initial infection, then succumbing to a second infection. On the other hand the CDC VAERS database now indicates over 6000 deaths that have been reported after taking the vaccine. There have been a large number of reports that indicate people had severe reactions that resulted in permanent damage to the health of young adults and children after taking the vaccine.

310D61F3-B598-4399-BFD1-4B6B71384B48.jpg
    VAERS is self reported and no verification required. You can say anything on there.

I am struggling to be patient with the anti vaxxers. If you’re over 18 and not vaccinated you’re asking to get Delta.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Interesting that COVID cases were all Trump’s fault when he was in office; now the problems are all the people’s fault for failing to listen to all the lies from the CDC, WHO, Dr. Falsey, Biden, Harris, etc

Darryl

Guys the vaccine works… the numbers say it does.. Keep to the subject. The vaccine works. I’ve got a co-worker’s whose family refused to get the vaccine. She is in the hospital at 31 weeks now with covid, having issues and the baby is going to have to be delivered early because the baby isn’t showing much movement.. and don’t give me experimental Vaccine BS, the drugs they treat patients with, all experimental … I’m like Patrick, losing my patience with the non vaccine Bull ****

I firmly believe in the vaccine, so much so that we need to ensure the thousands of illegal immigrants streaming in daily are quarantined till they are vaccinated.

I suspect that will cause a steep decline in the numbers of cases. But what do I know after 43 years in Healthcare?

Darryl

Yes the vaccine does work but again many refuse and will never take vaccines, this goes way back in their beliefs.

I'm double vaccinated. Think I read 85% of those over 65 are fully vaccinated. That's what counts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    We're worried about getting vaccinated while thousands of untested illegals stream across the border. The masks that most of us wear have very little value. The eyes and ears are exposed and the virus is much smaller than the openings in the masks. Uncovered emails by Fauci have him saying they're not any good. For masks to be effective we wouldn't be able to breathe with them on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    I firmly believe in the vaccine, so much so that we need to ensure the thousands of illegal immigrants streaming in daily are quarantined till they are vaccinated.

I suspect that will cause a steep decline in the numbers of cases. But what do I know after 43 years in Healthcare?

Darryl
    Darryl I get your point on immigration.. stick to the subject.. people who are vaccinated are dying. I’m seeing right here at work and I’m seeing babies almost dying because their parents refused the vaccine.. that’s real life.. it’s time to move on from this is COVID real or vaccine real Bull ****.. i want things to be normal. It won’t be until people get vaccinated. I don’t care if they are legal or not. I just simply don’t at this point..

I'm double vaccinated. Think I read 85% of those over 65 are fully vaccinated. That's what counts
    Exactly.. than why bring up immigration? The two don’t mix.. Look I get the frustration of the media, etc… but at this point, America needs to put their big boy pants on get the shot.. Canada has already beat the US on vaccination rates. They weren’t forced to, they used COMMON SENSE

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Guys the vaccine works… the numbers say it does.. Keep to the subject. The vaccine works. I’ve got a co-worker’s whose family refused to get the vaccine. She is in the hospital at 31 weeks now with covid, having issues and the baby is going to have to be delivered early because the baby isn’t showing much movement.. and don’t give me experimental Vaccine BS, the drugs they treat patients with, all experimental … I’m like Patrick, losing my patience with the non vaccine Bull ****
    Absolutely.

This blame game crap is just that.

This has absolutely nothing to do with illegal immigrants being unvaccinated, as rates are spiking in states where illegal immigrants are not crossing into those states. It has much more to do with the 150+ million people living in this country that are not vaccinated and are not wearing masks.

This country made its choice and now we have to live with it. In times of crises we are only as strong as our weak, and the weak has determined that wearing a mask is a greater infringement on freedoms than wearing seatbelts, smoking in public, wearing helmets, getting insurance and other safety regulations imposed at every level of government. The weak has also accepted the vaccine is a tool of the government to track you, while they regularly carry cell phones and interact on social media. The weak is also believing that we are nearing herd immunity for something no worse that the flu. The weak has also decided that this is political.

Whatever happens, happens and there is no blame that we can point at any one person. We have the power, resources and science to make this basically go away. However, we lack the courage, the will, and the collective intelligence to get there. The fight among ourselves has become more important.

Exactly.. than why bring up immigration? The two don’t mix.. Look I get the frustration of the media, etc… but at this point, America needs to put their big boy pants on get the shot.. Canada has already beat the US on vaccination rates. They weren’t forced to, they used COMMON SENSE
    Because it is easier to blame it on everybody else than it is to actually admit that the majority of people that are not getting vaccinated may look and think similar to you. If there is someone that I know that gets vaccinated, I have no problem telling them that they are the problem, and other "tough love" methods. Thankfully, that's been just a couple of people and it has worked.

Darryl I get your point on immigration.. stick to the subject.. people who are vaccinated are dying. I’m seeing right here at work and I’m seeing babies almost dying because their parents refused the vaccine.. that’s real life.. it’s time to move on from this is COVID real or vaccine real Bull ****.. i want things to be normal. It won’t be until people get vaccinated. I don’t care if they are legal or not. I just simply don’t at this point..
    I’m a numbers person. At risk people should get the vaccine. With young healthy people I’m not so sure about them, the numbers don’t show a benefit to them.

Did you mean “people who are unvaccinated are dying”

I am in favor of everyone being vaccinated.

I am a bit down about the numbers because all the liberals and Biden promised everyone would be cured once Trump was gone.

Darryl

All the college football and basketball players that tested positive last year and had to sit out. Did you hear of one that was hospitalized and died? The average age of Covid deaths in the US has been 78, just about the average age of deaths overall. Also, heard that of the deaths 80% were obese. Conventional masks don't work, but if you feel better or don't want people to see your face, please mask up

And for the couple of you that say unvaccinated crossing the border is not a factor, sure it is. It increases the probability of others coming into contact with Covid positive cases

And for the couple of you that say unvaccinated crossing the border is not a factor, sure it is. It increases the probability of others coming into contact with Covid positive cases
    That statement by them is not reality based.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Did you mean “people who are unvaccinated are dying”

I am in favor of everyone being vaccinated.

I am a bit down about the numbers because all the liberals and Biden promised everyone would be cured once Trump was gone.

Darryl
    Yes my apologies Darryl. The data shows what states are slacking.. I’ll leave it at that and you know where I stand…

Keith my friend’s wife is 35 and has been very sick. Thank the lord, though, baby was born just now and it good condition. Mother is getting there but having breathing issues. And she gave birth by herself with no family cause her husband AND kids were all positive non vaccinated. The testing and craziness goes away if people would get the shot.

All the college football and basketball players that tested positive last year and had to sit out. Did you hear of one that was hospitalized and died? The average age of Covid deaths in the US has been 78, just about the average age of deaths overall. Also, heard that of the deaths 80% were obese. Conventional masks don't work, but if you feel better or don't want people to see your face, please mask up
    Maybe the mask don’t work.. guess what has been proven to work? The shot