Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Yeah But Does it Taste Good? (post your food photos)

Yeah But Does it Taste Good? (post your food photos)

Beef shorts ribs on the barbee, fresh sweet corn, coleslaw.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Yeah But Does it Taste Good? (post your food photos)

I bet it does.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I bet it does.
    It did, if I do say so myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

You got something against taters?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    You got something against taters?
    No, but I don’t eat a lot of taters, but Mrs. boss does fry some some mean taters with onions from time to time.

Those 2 plates look nekid to me with out a tasty baked spud.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Dove. It’s what’s for dinner.

My Mom would always just fry them up like chicken but that looks good with the bacon.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I could do with just the sweet corn. That looks like some of good stuff.
    Peaches and Creme maybe.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I could do with just the sweet corn. That looks like some of good stuff.
    Peaches and Creme maybe.
    Yep, keen eye.

More short ribs…can’t see the cole slaw.

Rupp's Runt

I never think to take pictures of my food. But my wife just complained my burgers tonight were too juicy…

Fab Five

Had some short ribs for Sunday dinner. Slow braised them with Porcini Mushrooms and tomatoes. They couldn’t have been better. Fixed them with some roasted stuffed vegetables. Great winter meal.
    Real Fan since 1958

Had BBQ pork, chicken and baked potato tonight.

Of course, it was from my local Jim N Nicks restaurant.

I skipped the cheese biscuits and pie.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Had some short ribs for Sunday dinner. Slow braised them with Porcini Mushrooms and tomatoes. They couldn’t have been better. Fixed them with some roasted stuffed vegetables. Great winter meal.
    I bought short ribs from the grocery this morning. Not sure what’s in store for them just yet.

Two questions, what’s in the slow cooker along with the shrooms and maters, and what are these stuffed vegetables you referenced?

Fab Five

I use a Dutch Oven. I think meat tastes better. I add red wine.

Brown the ribs. separately I sauté one onion and a mess of garlic, adding two tablespoons of tomato paste and rough chopped porcini at the end. Put all cooked ingredients in Dutch Oven I pour in all of the strained soaking liquid from reconstituting the porcini, a can of crushed tomatoes and add one cup of red wine. It goes for 3 hours in the oven. Serve over polenta.

Rosted stuffed vegetables: I cut up vegetables. Peppers, Eggplant, Onions. tomatoes, celery, and Zucchini work best. Use as many or few as you wish. I cut the zucchini across the middle and then each piece in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a spoon and have four hollowed out boats. With Bell Peppers, I cut off the top and bottom and then halve the peppers, so you have two shells. The top and bottom of the peppers are minced and saved for dressing. prepare eggplant in same manner as the zucchini. Depending on the length of the eggplant, you wind up with about 6 boats.You want the eggplant and zucchini pieces to be about the same size. Prepare Tomatoes and onions same as the Peppers. With onions remove the inner sections and reserve. Take all of the reserved vegetable pieces and finely chop. Mix them with bread crumbs milk and one egg into a dense dressing. Add oregano. italian seasonings and Romano cheese. Place onions, tomatoes, and celery in one baking dish and Peppers, Eggplant and zucchini in another. Stuff the vegetables with the dressing and top with more cheese. Drizzle Olive Oil on top. . Roast the Peppers, eggplant and zucchini for 1 hour, covered for the first half of the cooking time. Onions, tomatoes, and celery go for 40-45 minutes. I roast at 425 degrees.I generally wind up with 3 or 4 baking dishes in the oven if preparing them for the family. The vegetables are sweet after roasting. Even the most picky eaters seem to like these vegetables.

Vegetables are simple to prepare about 10 minutes. Dressing prep time is 5 or 6 minutes. Any extravegetables are diced and put in dressing. I find picky vegetable eaters like these. Cheese and roasting makes anything mo betta. Keeps you away from potatoes and rice.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 01-25-2022 at 02:33 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

I use a Dutch Oven. I think meat tastes better. I add red wine.

Brown the ribs. separately I sauté one onion and a mess of garlic, adding two tablespoons of tomato paste and rough chopped porcini at the end. Put all cooked ingredients in Dutch Oven I pour in all of the strained soaking liquid from reconstituting the porcini, a can of crushed tomatoes and add one cup of red wine. It goes for 3 hours in the oven. Serve over polenta.

Rosted stuffed vegetables: I cut up vegetables. Peppers, Eggplant, Onions. tomatoes, celery, and Zucchini work best. Use as many or few as you wish. I cut the zucchini across the middle and then each piece in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a spoon and have four hollowed out boats. With Bell Peppers, I cut off the top and bottom and then halve the peppers, so you have two shells. The top and bottom of the peppers are minced and saved for dressing. prepare eggplant in same manner as the zucchini. Depending on the length of the eggplant, you wind up with about 6 boats.You want the eggplant and zucchini pieces to be about the same size. Prepare Tomatoes and onions same as the Peppers. With onions remove the inner sections and reserve. Take all of the reserved vegetable pieces and finely chop. Mix them with bread crumbs milk and one egg into a dense dressing. Add oregano. italian seasonings and Romano cheese. Place onions, tomatoes, and celery in one baking dish and Peppers, Eggplant and zucchini in another. Stuff the vegetables with the dressing and top with more cheese. Drizzle Olive Oil on top. . Roast the Peppers, eggplant and zucchini for 1 hour, covered for the first half of the cooking time. Onions, tomatoes, and celery go for 40-45 minutes. I roast at 425 degrees.I generally wind up with 3 or 4 baking dishes in the oven if preparing them for the family. The vegetables are sweet after roasting. Even the most picky eaters seem to like these vegetables.

Vegetables are simple to prepare about 10 minutes. Dressing prep time is 5 or 6 minutes. Any extravegetables are diced and put in dressing. I find picky vegetable eaters like these. Cheese and roasting makes anything mo betta. Keeps you away from potatoes and rice.
    Damn! I just ate and now I’m hungry…that sounds freaking delicious.

This morning's breakfast. Farm eggs make it all better.

B199DBDA-B0B6-4B34-98EE-215024053463.jpg
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Grits are my Achilles heel.
    A little Salt, Pepper & Butter and you are set.
    Put a side of Grammy's Biscuits & Gravy and I would be set, an in a diabetic coma for a couple of hours.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    This morning's breakfast. Farm eggs make it all better.

B199DBDA-B0B6-4B34-98EE-215024053463.jpg
    Had the same this morning except eggs over easy..

Beat the heck out of my cottage cheese and banana breakfast...

Fab Five

Hard to beat any meal with grits! shrimp and grits are a staple at Casa Mick. For breakfast I’ll make a creole omelet with leftover seafood or fish, tomatoes and andouille. Serve it with grits and cajun cream gravy.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Nm
    Real Fan since 1958

Pork shoulder fresh off the grill after 4 hours of low heat. Add some silver Queen corn on the cob, deviled eggs, and cole slaw…call it freedom

Looks good, blueboss!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

That's a meal boss. Tonight for Independence Day Sunday Dinner, I fixed Beer Cheese Brats with Potato Salad and our traditional Firecracker Slaw.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

My 7 year old wanted to try her hand at candied bacon today after seeing me watch a YouTube video on it. I picked up the bacon and she made it with a little help. I had to touch the uncooked bacon It was pretty delicious.