Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Summer Vacation Plans

2021 Summer Vacation Plans

Are you, and maybe your family set for an after Covid19 party somewhere that is not taking place at your house?

I do not get a ballot in our annual family unit vote for where we will go in the summer so I am just along for the ride and the use of a credit card. Our choices generally boil down to DA BEACH, Tennessee or North Carolina mountains, or a week of culture, learning, smog, over priced food and accommodations in New York, Chicago, DC, etc.

Are you involved on a summertime trip with the family or a trip with friends?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

As we speak, me and the Mrs. are heading to FL (see welcome to Bham thread). We’ll be south of Destin for the next two weeks. Gson and DIL joining us for several days, looking forward to surf fishing w/ gson (11 y/o), if we ever make it out of Bham alive....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: 2021 Summer Vacation Plans

Mrs. BEvans and I are going to central Florida for 10 days around Memorial Day. This was a trip we had planned for last May but we pushed it a year.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Will take a week moving daughter to either New York or Minnesota, depending on job she chooses. Have a trip to New Orleans. Will likely go visit daughter at her job (she's an entertainer at an amusement park) for another week. Will try to visit daughter and son in law in Cincinnati in their new home. Will spend a few days in Jackson looking over off campus housing for son and housemates before school starts. Oh, and I will have another eye surgery in mid June that will slow me down for awhile too, more of a staycation.

That's "vacation" this year. More time taken off this summer than I have ever taken, less "vacation" than ever lol.

Rupp's Runt

Just got back from Disney. Doubt we go any place this summer. Carrying more debt than I care for right now and we need to get that paid down.

Grammy & I and the two older great grandsons are Leaving May 10 to go to Miami to meet my latest great grandchild, little Miss Rosalia Maria, born on April 15th.
    This has been panned for a while and goodness knows we are looking forward to it.
    Have already told the grandson there will be no crowds or any foolishness like that...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Two trips

1) Palm Springs CA for a golf outing. Week of the 4th of July. Just me and my wife. Other than golf, not sure what the plans are

2) Anchorage Alaska for 10 days the first week of August. Taking the 2 kids and my folks. We have a day kayak out of Homer planned as well as a Kenali river raft and some white water rafting at sixmile creek. Also have the glacier train to Seeard where we will take a day cruise to the glacier for that experience.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Well, I'm retired, so essentially, I'm on vacation all day every day.
    Even though the Boss keeps me busy doing stuff, most of which is actually 'optional', but I go ahead and do most of it anyway so I don't have to listen to her complain.
    And I already live in Florida, so I don't care all that much about going anywhere else, unless it's to visit family in the Philippines and Australia.
    LIFE IS GOOD! 😎

Currently holed up in Andalusia AL waiting for another round of potentially dangerous weather.

If you’re ever in Andalusia AL, Big Mike’s Steak House... you’re welcome. (There’s one in Orange Beach AL. too)

If we survive the night we’ll be at the beach tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Definitely like to see and get updates on the Alaska trip.
    Travel details and daily activities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Two trips

1) Palm Springs CA for a golf outing. Week of the 4th of July. Just me and my wife. Other than golf, not sure what the plans are

2) Anchorage Alaska for 10 days the first week of August. Taking the 2 kids and my folks. We have a day kayak out of Homer planned as well as a Kenali river raft and some white water rafting at sixmile creek. Also have the glacier train to Seeard where we will take a day cruise to the glacier for that experience.

Good luck boss!!!
    seeya
    dan

Trying to decide myself where to go and what to do.

Wife mentioned New Orleans a time or two.
    Myself I want to visit the Grand Canyon.

All I want to do is draw the blinds and turn off the phone for a week or two. If anyone asks I'm in Tibet.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Trying to fit one in around basketball which will take us atl and Chicago which is nice. Likely end up around Hilton head for a week. We have a trip to Germany booked pre covid and guessing that Happens in the fall
    Go Cats!

No definite plans, but would like to go somewhere far, far away (or closer) and stay a long, long time (long, long time TBD).

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    All I want to do is draw the blinds and turn off the phone for a week or two. If anyone asks I'm in Tibet.
    They're not doing them right now, but that's one of the underrated aspects of a cruise. You've got a built in excuse for being unavailable.

One and Done

Alaska fly fishing trip in July

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    They're not doing them right now, but that's one of the underrated aspects of a cruise. You've got a built in excuse for being unavailable.
    Good point.

OK, I'm on a cruise for the next two weeks. Nevermind the constant door dash deliveries to my house.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Every year I take the family to the beach. We have a place in Grayton Beach for a couple of weeks. This year we will be staying a couple of doors away from a former poster at KSR and his family. We have tailgated at football games and gone to the SEC tournament together for years. That's something we have missed during Covid. It should be a great tim

I hope to get to the South Carolina football game later this year and take some time to drive over to the coast to see where my ancestors first came to America.
    Real Fan since 1958

We never really stopped traveling except where we were not allowed. We will be in Maine for 4 nights in August ending then with 5 nights in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    We never really stopped traveling except where we were not allowed. We will be in Maine for 4 nights in August ending then with 5 nights in Boston.
    Surely the mob guys have stopped looking for you by now.

Mind if I ask where you go in Maine?
    Activities?

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post

Bah Habah?
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Trying to decide myself where to go and what to do.

Wife mentioned New Orleans a time or two.
    Myself I want to visit the Grand Canyon.
    I'd go to New Orleans any time, but a lot of people avoid it during the summer because it is certainly hot and muggy. That doesn't bother me; I lived there five years and was out in it every day during that time, and hot weather and I agree with each other, but it does infringe upon the enjoyment of some (with good reason, I concede).

Will be in New Orleans end of May/first of June myself for a short trip; wife will be there longer. MIL and FIL will be celebrating their 90th birthdays, and all their children and spouses will be there to celebrate and go out to dinner. MIL isn't doing great (she's not doing awful, either), and wife wants to spend extra time with her, so she'll stay a couple more weeks. But she's used to the heat, having grown up in New Orleans. And June heat/humidity ain't late July/August heat and humidity.

My wife and I discussed that trip this summer. She asked for some good reasons to go to the Big Easy.
    My response, “seafood gumbo” lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I'd go to New Orleans any time, but a lot of people avoid it during the summer because it is certainly hot and muggy. That doesn't bother me; I lived there five years and was out in it every day during that time, and hot weather and I agree with each other, but it does infringe upon the enjoyment of some (with good reason, I concede).

Will be in New Orleans end of May/first of June myself for a short trip; wife will be there longer. MIL and FIL will be celebrating their 90th birthdays, and all their children and spouses will be there to celebrate and go out to dinner. MIL isn't doing great (she's not doing awful, either), and wife wants to spend extra time with her, so she'll stay a couple more weeks. But she's used to the heat, having grown up in New Orleans. And June heat/humidity ain't late July/August heat and humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    My wife and I discussed that trip this summer. She asked for some good reasons to go to the Big Easy.
    My response, “seafood gumbo” lol
    Alabama Allergy and Asthma says I am allergic to....
    Shrimp, crawfish, crab, lobster, oysters, clams....well, you get the drift.

I had to move out of the city.

Your reason is a GREAT reason. For you lol.

I always chuckle when someone asks for a great place to eat in New Orleans. It's hard to find a not-great place. And there are so many great places that are hole in the walls you could eat at a different one every day and not repeat.

I loved seafood gumbo before I became allergic to it (believe it or not, it developed over time). But my favorite was crawfish etoufee. Oh my gosh. I carry two epi-pens, and I keep thinking, "maybe it's worth it" lol.

I went to NOLA once about 6 years ago and Mrs. BEvans and I definitely need to go again. We saw a lot and we know there's a lot more to see.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

We just did a trip to Florida (as mentioned in the other thread) and had a great time. We landed in Tampa and immediately went to Alligator Point. From there we went down to Key West along the Gulf then back up the Atlantic Coast to Cape Canaveral Area. Finally heading back to Tampa for our flight out. We are still trying to figure out what else we will do this year (maybe KY in September or October).

For those that like nature/camping/hiking, may I suggest the Pacific Northwest?! The PNW is absolutely STUNNING during summertime; it is our sunny dry season but the rain from the rest of the year keeps everything nice and green (at least west of the cascades, east of the cascades is a desert). Seattle is a great place to fly into and see for a day or two but I don't recommend staying in Seattle for long (or at all). That being said, Seattle is a great stop-off point for some utterly amazing locations due to geographic location. Sandwiched between the Olympics, the Cascades, and the Puget Sound, the natural scenery here rivals some of the best in the world and much of it is a few hours drive away AT MOST. Below is a collage of a few photos my unskilled self took to give you a small idea of the scenery here:

20180616_195602_HDR-COLLAGE.jpg

likely spending a month in houston

Had crawfish etoufee tonight, a friend from Birmingham was in town tonight and cook up some, it was very good as my heart burn is letting me know right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Alabama Allergy and Asthma says I am allergic to....
    Shrimp, crawfish, crab, lobster, oysters, clams....well, you get the drift.

I had to move out of the city.

Your reason is a GREAT reason. For you lol.

I always chuckle when someone asks for a great place to eat in New Orleans. It's hard to find a not-great place. And there are so many great places that are hole in the walls you could eat at a different one every day and not repeat.

I loved seafood gumbo before I became allergic to it (believe it or not, it developed over time). But my favorite was crawfish etoufee. Oh my gosh. I carry two epi-pens, and I keep thinking, "maybe it's worth it" lol.