Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Go to the Matresses...what's your brand?

So I gotta go mattress shopping. Has anyone bought a mattress in a box? Do you have suggestions, recommendations, etc. There are a couple I've passed by in the boulevard with "free" on them, and, one step up, CostCo sells one that doesn't last. Whatcha got? innerspring, prices you spent ($6K! is out).

Re: Go to the Matresses...what's your brand?

Temperpedic with the pillow top, big thick pillow top. Dropped about $5K on it back 15 years ago probably, then barely was used until recently so it's basically new condition. Love it, worth every penny.

Otherwise mattresses and box springs are a thorn in my side. We sell a few (they have to be high end and perfect unused condition) but we have to remove and donate and dispose of more than I care to count from estates.

Only challenge with mine is it takes a super deep mattress cover and lower sheet to fit. REALLY deep, as in regular "deep" ones don't work. But it sleeps like a dream.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Can't remember the brand. I can look if needed. But it is like memory foam without the sinking. Paid over 2k about 10 years ago IIRC

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

I sleep on newspapers and sleeping bags.

Seriously, I don't remember. It SEEMS like we bought something from Costco thinking we were getting a bargain and we were very disappointed. Think we ended up giving that away to Goodwill in like a year, which was about 11 months too long. If it wasn't Costco, I apologize.

But I know we didn't pay anything like $5k for the replacement. If we did, my wife did it behind my back. I'd sleep on newspapers and sleeping bag remnants before I'd pay that. Find me some pine straw or something.

Now I'm afraid to ask my wife, but I'm going to have to do it.

We have a Leesa, one of the mattresses in a box. We paid about $800 for a King about 5-6 years ago.

I like it-Mrs. BEvans does not, says it's too soft and sleeps hot. (They give you 100 nights to try it, but she didn't say anything until after.)

If I had it to over again, I think we would've bought a firm, conventional mattress and maybe placed some type of pillow top on it. One of those Sleep Number beds may be the answer, but I don't want to take out a 2nd mortgage.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 05-05-2021 at 06:36 AM.

Saatva is cheap and honestly it’s a good mattress. Delivery was a mess but it’s a good cheap option.
    Go Cats!

I'm no mattress salesman, and while not as frugal as Darrell I'm genetically allergic to paying retail.

But you spend 1/3rd of your life on your mattress (or in my case 1/5th). IMO that's worth the proper investment to get it right. Doesn't mean it's a tempurpedic, they don't work for everyone and without the pillow top I don't like them at all.

But it's worth it to get something that you love. Of course finding one that two people both love is even harder. I'm good with that on this one too, so it's doubly worth the money in this case. I'll save somewhere else, other than on booze. Man has to have his standards.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

You probably already have your mattress, but I just noticed that Costco sent out an email advertising a mattress sale.

Prices range from a few hundred to $3400, which is $1300 off regular price. Don't know brands, don't know quality, don't know price comparisons. Just passing this along.

I always wanted to try a sleep number bed/mattress.

sleep number is an air mattress, with an adjustment for the pressure so it can be softer or harder. FWIW I had a client lose her mind b/c he bought one we sold and then called irate b/c her son had researched them and we had sold her an air mattress and not a sleep number. Kid you not.

so they're an air mattress. Now, they are a really nice air mattress, and they are pretty precisely adjustable to give you that soft or hard feel, and the queens and kings can come with two bladders so you can get two different settings for couples. I don't see how that works for me, but I know a lot of people like that. Personally sleeping in the same bed with my better half isn't about separate space, but to each his own.

I actually have one coming up for sale, but the people that consigned it (and it's like new) took it apart, not us, and lost one of the hose connections, so we've been trying to get the part first so it's complete. So I'm fairly familiar with them, we rarely sell a mattress and only if it's perfect and unused and very high end, but I've sold a few sleep numbers. They seem nice, but it's really a pretty straightforward technology.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Personally sleeping in the same bed with my better half isn't about separate space, but to each his own.
    At my house, her side is her side. And my side is also her side.

She is 5'3" and 110 lbs, and uses 95% of a king size bed.

We have a sleep number at home and like it (about 10 years old now, California King).

having said that we bought a queen bed in the box from Costco for our Condo. It is a Novaform 14" and it is VERY COMFORTABLE. I was worried it would sleep hot but it does not.

https://www.costco.com/novaform-14%2...100667300.html