Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney / Doc

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

Anyone ever done Magic Express? I assume there are signs telling us where to go.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Re: Disney / Doc

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Anyone ever done Magic Express? I assume there are signs telling us where to go.

We use it every time to save money on rental cars or Uber/Other Transport. Straight to the Disney Resort.

It is going away this coming January.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    It is going away this coming January.
    Yeah, I knew that. This may have been my in-laws favorite part of the trip. lol

Do we get a certain bus? Or just get in line for the Magic Express?

Yeah, I knew that. This may have been my in-laws favorite part of the trip. lol

Do we get a certain bus? Or just get in line for the Magic Express?
    You go to check in at the Magical Express area and they tell you which row number to get in for your resort. From there they will assign you a bus.

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

We have arrived. Already worn out lol

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

Disappointed with Kona cafe.

Kona Cafe used to be one of our favorite restaurants--almost a hidden secret, compared to 'Ohana. But the last couple of times we went they'd taken things off the menu we liked, jacked up prices and quality was down. So we've scratched that one off our list, sadly.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Never been a Fan.

If you like a bit more upscale meals, try Toppolino at the new Riveria Resort.

IF you tell me your likes and dislikes I can suggest restaurants in every park or most resorts.

We are foodies.

One thing we will not miss is a large Picante Pizza at Via Napoli in Epcot and pitchers of Sangria!

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

Never been a Fan.

If you like a bit more upscale meals, try Toppolino at the new Riveria Resort.

IF you tell me your likes and dislikes I can suggest restaurants in every park or most resorts.

We are foodies.

One thing we will not miss is a large Picante Pizza at Via Napoli in Epcot and pitchers of Sangria!
    I let my wife handle the food. I am pretty limited. Tomorrow we are eating at Sanaa (sp?) at AK and California grill. First time for both. Mostly quick service and snacks she wants at the parks this time.

I think we have been to Via Napoli and yes it is great.

She mostly like Italian and American. Seafood at times. But open to other things.

We are cheating by getting reservations so we can resort hop. As we will out grow Pop Century soon.

You have a favorite snack or comfort food at AK? Plan on sampling the pulled pork Mac and cheese tomorrow.

Edit: AK on Friday not tomorrow

Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 04-28-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Sanaa is one of our favorite restaurants on property. It is in the Kidani resort. If you get there early you can view animals on the savannah. Also night vision glasses for them if dark.

Be sure to order the large Bread Services at the start. You will not be disappointed.

At AK the wife loves Yak and Yeti Tuna Nachos. They are HUGE. The Nomad Lounge is a good AC Stop with bar food and drinks. The Dawa Bar makes a good Margarita and has some non Bud Beers. Tiffins is one of the best restaurants on Disney Property but probably too upscale for your little ones. Kids my like the Satuli Cafe (I am not a fan). Our Go to used to be Flame Tree BBQ Quick Service but their serving sizes have went down and quality not as good lately.

I let my wife handle the food. I am pretty limited. Tomorrow we are eating at Sanaa (sp?) at AK and California grill. First time for both. Mostly quick service and snacks she wants at the parks this time.

I think we have been to Via Napoli and yes it is great.

She mostly like Italian and American. Seafood at times. But open to other things.

We are cheating by getting reservations so we can resort hop. As we will out grow Pop Century soon.

You have a favorite snack or comfort food at AK? Plan on sampling the pulled pork Mac and cheese tomorrow.

Edit: AK on Friday not tomorrow

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

Also night vision glasses for them if dark.
    My only night vision is on an AR, probably not allowed is it? 😄

Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 04-29-2021 at 08:34 PM.

My only vision is on an AR, probably not allowed is it? ��

They'll have the NVGs there--I think at the Concierge desk.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

Sanaa was great! And yes the bread was amazing. Will have to Google the sauces and breads when I get home. Might have to recreate some of those.

Sanaa was great! And yes the bread was amazing. Will have to Google the sauces and breads when I get home. Might have to recreate some of those.

That Bread Service keeps us coming back. Takes a very special high heat oven to make that naan bread.

If you end up at Via Napoli in Epcot the Picante pizza is very good..spicy italian sausage. We are creatures of habit.

Mezzo Picante Pizza, Family style salad (they charge per person so if little ones do not want make sure they know) and pitcher(s) of Sangria. Sangria is expensive but dang tasty. Hell, Disney is expensive.

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

If you end up at Via Napoli in Epcot the Picante pizza is very good..spicy italian sausage. We are creatures of habit.

Mezzo Picante Pizza, Family style salad (they charge per person so if little ones do not want make sure they know) and pitcher(s) of Sangria. Sangria is expensive but dang tasty. Hell, Disney is expensive.
    Told the wife about the Sangria. Almost got it the other at Morocco. We are hopping there tomorrow afternoon.

The best pizza joint in Florida is at the Original Stavros Pizza House on Beach Street in Downtown Daytona.
    No trip within a 100 miles of there will make old customers skip it. And The Angell and Phelps Chocolate Factory is on the same block!

"The Original Stavro's Pizza House is located on Beach Street in beautiful downtown Daytona Beach. Across the river from Jackie Robinson Memorial Baseball Park & The Daytona Beach Court House and Kitty corner from Halifax River Yacht Club. We are walking distance to City Island (home of City Island Tennis Center, Daytona Beach Regional Library, Halifax Rowing Association, Daytona Beach Area Convention & Visitor Bureau, and next door to the Halifax Historical Museum"

In fact the whole area is special now and growing. The river cruise and dinner/bar is reasonably priced, picnicking/grilling areas on the Halifax, fine dining, etc..
    Last edited by kingcat; 04-30-2021 at 09:37 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

Missed the Sangria in Via. Tried to get one from the bar. They closed at 7. We got there about 8. She got one out front at the quick service. She likes it.

Rupp's Runt

Disney / Doc

Home! And glad!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Don't laugh at this. My 13YO says she will have a Disney Wedding when she gets married!

Disney / Doc

Don't laugh at this. My 13YO says she will have a Disney Wedding when she gets married!
    The price is good.

I suspect numbers might change it (as well as things like Cinderella's Castle), but I commend the bride and groom in the story. Cost effective and memorable. Sounds like a win win to me.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-05-2021 at 05:46 PM.

$25,000 for 27 people?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Disney / Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    $25,000 for 27 people?
    Cheap, or at least reasonable. For a wedding.

Included flowers, wedding planning, venue, meals, cake, desserts, and all the random things that cost $1-3k that you "need" that you didn't know you needed til they told you that you needed. At least that's how I read the story. I was surprised, and was serious when I said it was a good price. Not joking.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-05-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Cheap. For a wedding.
    Not for 27 people. Daughter had 4x as many people and it wasn't $100,000 (4 x $25,000).
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Maybe Disney has a court house for budget weddings?

Disney / Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Not for 27 people. Daughter had 4x as many people and it wasn't $100,000 (4 x $25,000).
    If you say so. I had one last summer too. Similar number (31), larger dollars.

Rupp's Runt

Now that we know Darrell has been holding out on us for being a tight wad...lol

What is the water like down near Disney's Vero Beach? Anyone know if it clears up that far south? Or is about lovely as the rest of the Atlantic?

We got out pretty cheap on my wedding all things considered, but it took some doing. Got Spindletop b/c father in law was a member, which was super cheap for a facility of that caliber (around $5K maybe? ). They also did the food (they require it) and that was reasonable. So that saved a ton right there. even with that the other events rentals, the flowers, etc. it was still a bunch more than $25K I'm sure. I can't recall the exact number.

The numbers on a wedding don't scale readily, so 100 versus 25 doesn't really translate. Your fixed costs are big. The reception venue, the church, the flowers, the music, etc. are all basically fixed. Putting 100 in the church versus 25 is the same cost.

The only variable cost item really is the food. So at $25K for 25, it may only be $35 or $40K for 100, or $50 etc. But won't be $100.

And my wedding numbers are 30 years old. And we had an inside track for a very cheap and super nice venue. Now we did have a LOT more people (think 200ish). I won't be shopping I hope for a while for such an event, but I'm thinking $25K base price is pretty reasonable for something at a venue like Disney and all inclusive, and guessing that if you went to 50 or 60 that the cost wouldn't be linear to that $25K number.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Maybe Disney has a court house for budget weddings?
    They do have a City Hall, inside the Magic Kingdom.