Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little eye surgery for me tomorrow

Re: Little eye surgery for me tomorrow

42 today after all my drops. He is scheduling a new surgery in about a month. All the eye drops in the meantime, and I'm back on the mountain climbing altitude pills/diuretic. Everything he's done so far is just a progression; he still says that the next one is not that big of a deal. Next month my daughter graduates, I help move her to her job whereever that is, and a celebration with my in-laws for their 90th birthdays, so I'm going to try to make it in June.

Donna had her surgery this morning. About three hours before she was released, but she said the procedure was more like an hour or less. Her paperwork leads us to believe it is a little more serious than she was told. Says to expect some blurriness and red eye for a week or two.
    Her whole face has been numb but is starting to wear off. She was told to expect pain for a while. Cant wash her own hair or shake her head in any way for several days. And could experience problems driving for several weeks.

She will know more tomorrow. Hers was Vitreoretinal surgery.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Little eye surgery for me tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Donna had her surgery this morning. About three hours before she was released, but she said the procedure was more like an hour or less. Her paperwork leads us to believe it is a little more serious than she was told. Says to expect some blurriness and red eye for a week or two.
    Her whole face has been numb but is starting to wear off. She was told to expect pain for a while. Cant wash her own hair or shake her head in any way for several days. And could experience problems driving for several weeks.

She will know more tomorrow. Hers was Vitreoretinal surgery.
    That's a major surgery
    Prayers it went well and for her quick recovery.

That's sure getting high. I'm taking from the doctor there isn't immediate danger since the surgery is in a month?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Little eye surgery for me tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That's sure getting high. I'm taking from the doctor there isn't immediate danger since the surgery is in a month?
    I guess not. He said "next month," technically, which is in 2 days, but I am interpreting it as a month or so.

My field vision test shows almost no loss of vision over the years, and my optic nerve looks really good. He's been in there to see it a whole bunch lately, so I think he believes that it can tolerate this, especially if the diuretic mountain climbing drug drops it too. The only problem is it makes me like a zombie and I go to the bathroom like 30 times a day.

Surely ( little hint... People say surely when they are not sure) my eye pressure will drop when I'm taking the pills three times a day in addition to all of the drops. It may not get to a normal range, but surely tolerable for a couple of weeks.

Surely.

Prayers for you Mr C. and Mrs. Kingcat both.
    Our eyesight is one thing that we take for granted sometimes. The smile on our most beloveds beautiful face. The unadulterated joy we happen to see on the face of our great grandchild, the hue of a rose, "UK Blue" a rainbow after a summer shower...the list can go on and on...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

My wife is doing well today after removing her surgical eye patch. She can see but will have lingering blurriness for at least a few days, maybe weeks.

God bless you all for your concern. Prayers that everything goes smoothly for you Darrell.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain