Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: SpaceX 2nd Crewed Launch

Bombino

SpaceX 2nd Crewed Launch

I finally get to check "See a rocket launch" off of my bucket list. It was honestly absolutely incredible. Since it was just before dawn, it lit up everything. Such an incredible experience and a great birthday present.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 04-23-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Re: SpaceX 2nd Crewed Launch

Been to several launches. Space X launches pale compared to the space shuttle back in the days. Guess it because of the private sectors efficiency and improved technology. But any rocket launch is an exhilarating experience.

PS...some nice pictures!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

SpaceX 2nd Crewed Launch

Congratulations, and happy birthday!!! Nothing quite like a launch.

I lived in Jensen Beach in late 70’s and early 80’s... I was fortunate enough to see several shuttle launches...IIRC we drove up to Cocoa three different times to watch the first launch, Columbia all resulting in scrubs.... finally got to see it go up. Unbelievable experiencing that kind of power on display.

Those trips to Cocoa are a whole other story...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Where exactly were you at Pedro?
    I live in Titusville now, and I got up to watch it from my front yard. I watched it from there for about 8 minutes, and then went back in the house to watch the televised coverage from channel 6 news.
    Pretty spectacular, in my humble opinion.

Looks like everything went off fine. I have driven down there from KY twice to watch the fireworks, and both times, the last one being the final launch of the shuttle, the launch was delayed due to weather or a mechanical snafu.

Really glad this birthday candle lit up for you.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Where exactly were you at Pedro?
    I live in Titusville now, and I got up to watch it from my front yard. I watched it from there for about 8 minutes, and then went back in the house to watch the televised coverage from channel 6 news.
    Pretty spectacular, in my humble opinion.
    Wow! I wish I had known you lived there now. That was from the Max Brewer Bridge in Titusville! We were staying at an AirBNB in Satellite Beach and enjoyed our time in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Looks like everything went off fine. I have driven down there from KY twice to watch the fireworks, and both times, the last one being the final launch of the shuttle, the launch was delayed due to weather or a mechanical snafu.

Really glad this birthday candle lit up for you.
    Yep, it was one hell of a candle! Truly damn impressive.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 04-27-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Happy Birthday Pedro!

I got to watch a launch as a kid, we were in Florida and drove over and were lucky enough to catch one. They're amazing. One at dawn is no doubt extra cool.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

We bought this house and moved in last September. Just finally sold our house in south Florida at the end of last month.
    If you are ever up this way again, please let me know. We can meet and have dinner and a cocktail or two, and talk Kentucky sports.

Bombino

SpaceX 2nd Crewed Launch

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    We bought this house and moved in last September. Just finally sold our house in south Florida at the end of last month.
    If you are ever up this way again, please let me know. We can meet and have dinner and a cocktail or two, and talk Kentucky sports.
    Definitely will. If I had known you were there, I would have reached out.

By the way, we had some very good beer and EXCELLENT food at Bugnutty Brewing in Cocoa near you. Best French Dip I've had in YEARS and the wife's Korean garlic chicken wings were damn good.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

We ate at a restaurant/bar just before the Max Brewer bridge tonight, Pier 220. Very good food, and the mojito I had was okay. The shrimp boil was good, as was the grouper sandwich I had. The Boss had the chicken kabob.
    Please do get up with me next time you're in the neighborhood. I look forward to meeting you.
    Leave me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers to meet up.

Not that I'll ever get out of here to Florida in the near future, but next time I do suncat I'll try to drop by. If nothing else I want to look through your potting shed for some ammo.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Not that I'll ever get out of here to Florida in the near future, but next time I do suncat I'll try to drop by. If nothing else I want to look through your potting shed for some ammo.
    😂😂😂😂😂

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Hit me up if you do get down this way!