Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

"Handy" calendar input on phone...infuriating...any way around this?

So...this comes up from time to time.

I have to input my name and date of birth on a "patient portal." I type my name, fine. The date line had a calendar "pop up" for easy convenience.

Except...when you are as old as I am, it's not so easy. You have to go month by month, starting in April, 2021, going backwards....over 700 "taps" to get to the right month of my birth.

I can find no way around it. I can't input the date directly. I use "desktop" mode, and every mode I can try; I use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox browsers on my phone. Only thing I've been able to do is to take the link that was texted to me....go to my desktop computer....type in the URL with all the peculiar letters and numbers, etc. in it....and then I get a page that is identical to the one on my phone, but without the "handy" pop-up calendar to input the date of birth.

Very annoying. Is there something I'm missing on how to avoid this on my phone?

This is what it looks like before I tap on the date blank, and then immediately after...

Re: "Handy" calendar input on phone...infuriating...any way around this?

There's no way to just manually input the date?

Does turning it to landscape view (or vice versa) help any? There are some websites I visit that work differently depending on whether you're landscape or not.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

If not, that is a terrible flaw. I have family members who could fix that code.
    And they still shop for blinker fluid.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    There's no way to just manually input the date?

Does turning it to landscape view (or vice versa) help any? There are some websites I visit that work differently depending on whether you're landscape or not.
    There is not.

I give you credit. I had not thought about changing to landscape mode. Unfortunately, that didn't work either.

Terrible flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    If not, that is a terrible flaw. I have family members who could fix that code.
    And they still shop for blinker fluid.
    It is a terrible flaw. Or if there is a solution, it is not readily apparent to me.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    This is what it looks like before I tap on the date blank, and then immediately after...

If I remember correctly you can tap on either the date or the year at the top to change things more easily. I am trying to find a site that has that input format and has available appointments so that I can test it.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 04-08-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    If I remember correctly you can tap on either the date or the year at the top to change things more easily. I am trying to find a site that has that input format and has available appointments so that I can test it.
    Not with that one, you can't.

Well, that link has expired now... I was going to try to record it so you could see everything. If I get another one, I will.