Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: If you have Sprint/T-Mobile and want a Streaming TV Service (or already have YTTV)

Bombino

If you have Sprint/T-Mobile and want a Streaming TV Service (or already have YTTV)

Just a heads up, T-Mobile is now offering $10off per month for YouTubeTV for as long as you are a Sprint/T-Mobile subscriber. Since I have 1 Gig download/1 Gig upload internet (for $60/mo), I have no desire to get Comcast. I have used streaming TV for the past couple years and prefer it in almost every way.

If you haven't used YouTubeTV it has several notable features that other streaming TV services don't have:

1. Six user accounts (great for sharing within families)
    2. Unlimited cloud DVR storage
    3. Up to 3 simultaneous streams (most are limited to one or two streams at a time)
    4. You can pause your subscription at any time (say when sports aren't active) and resume later.
    5. Due to it being Google, the service is available on pretty much any device you can think of.

For those who want a cable-like experience rather than needing an app, pairing YouTubeTV with the the newest 'Google Chromecast with Google TV' dongle is hands down the closest I have encountered. The LiveTV interface is very akin to the traditional programming guide found on cable with the added benefit that you can easily rearrange the channels to fit your viewing patterns. It works very well for those who just want a single simple TV-based interface for browsing all of their services (the search tab provides recommendations from ANY streaming service you might have a subscription to).

Link: https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision?ici...BV7Z9J24289_HP

Re: If you have Sprint/T-Mobile and want a Streaming TV Service (or already have YTTV

I have T-Mobile and YouTube TV, but I hate having to "cancel" the existing subscription, then re-subscribe. I get that they'll keep your DVRs for 21 days, etc., but I hate the hassle.

Re: If you have Sprint/T-Mobile and want a Streaming TV Service (or already have YTTV

We finally will have some high speed competition for Xfinity. A company called GloFiber is close to my house now and they are offering full Gig Speed for $80 a month. I will highly consider cutting the cord if I go that direction. (Current Comcast includes all premium channels but is $240 a month).

I will then be looking at best options for TV packages. Wife watches a lot of ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX. I watch Golf, History, FoodTV, and HGTV. Oh, and Wife watches all the movie channels.

Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I have T-Mobile and YouTube TV, but I hate having to "cancel" the existing subscription, then re-subscribe. I get that they'll keep your DVRs for 21 days, etc., but I hate the hassle.
    I have a neighbor with the $60 T-Mobile streaming service. Unbelievable speeds. My understanding is that you don’t need to start a new YouTube TV account to get the discount. This is separate from cell service.

The unfortunate thing I found is that right now they are limiting customer numbers, so when I tried to sign up for it earlier this week it wasn’t available. I can see the T Mobile tower from my house at night and it is less than a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    We finally will have some high speed competition for Xfinity. A company called GloFiber is close to my house now and they are offering full Gig Speed for $80 a month. I will highly consider cutting the cord if I go that direction. (Current Comcast includes all premium channels but is $240 a month).

I will then be looking at best options for TV packages. Wife watches a lot of ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX. I watch Golf, History, FoodTV, and HGTV. Oh, and Wife watches all the movie channels.

Ugh...
    YouTube TV includes locals. https://cordcutting.com/services/youtube-tv/channels/

I’ve been thinking of getting the Discovery+ package. For $4.99 it has a lot of the channels we watch on it, plus the stuff that is limited to that package. History Channel, Nat Geo, Destination America, and more are included.