Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Obama shoots skeet all the time?

Unforgettable

Obama shoots skeet all the time?

There is a story with a picture of Obama shooting a O/U shotgun, looks like a 12 ga and yes he did fire it. But in the story he claims he shoots skeet all the time at Camp David. Based on the picture I saw, sorry but I dont' buy it, if he does, he has a very sore left shoulder.
    Carney was asked why this has never been said before and why no other lpictures. He says Obama goes to CD for relaxation, not producing pictures. BS, the guy is always about pictures.

Re: Obama shoots skeet all the time?

I agree, if it was something Obama did "all the time" we would have seen photos and video long ago. Obama even making the comment and potentially offending some of the anti-gun crowd shows that he is getting desperate.

Harry Reid's recent comments lead me to believe that there will be no legislation passed. He said he would bring a bill to the floor and allow all Senators to make amendments to it prior to a final vote. That would allow amendments be made that will potentially lead to the bill being voted down by the Senate, even those who support an assault weapons ban will vote against the bill with the right amendments attached.

A video of him shooting would tell the story. You can't fake being able to handle a gun comfortably anymore than you could fake being a good basketball player.

Anyone who shoots skeet "all of the time" would never say, "we do skeet shooting". You do macrame. You do your hair. You don't do skeet shooting.

There is a joke in here concerning Obama and skeet but I'm not going there.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

There have already been people saying he rarely shoots.

I don't care if he does or doesn't, but don't do that stupid "oh yeah we do that all the time" high school stuff. He doesn't shoot, doesn't like guns, wouldn't know a deer from a duck. Fine, he's not alone in not knowing where milk comes from, but stop acting like you do.

That "I'm one of you" stuff may sell to the free cell phone crowd, but the gun crowd isn't that gullible.

Of course the implication is that he's not "anti-gun", the corollary being that the right to bear arms has anything to do with "sporting purpose". He's all for guns that can't be used to defend yourself (thus eliminating the need for you to rely on the government) or defend against a tyrannical government (like one who thinks it's OK to ban large sodas).
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 02-02-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Rupp's Runt

All I can say is that if he did shoot some, his form would most certainly be better. If the picture shown above, which I have seen before is authentic, then he'd know exactly how you're supposed to correctly hold a shotgun, of any caliber.

If the above posted picture is authentic, then it's for a photo op, nothing more. That's all I have to say about that.
    MOLON LABE!

Wampus I thinned out the pics a bit. They tend to move things to a baiting discussion. Know it was unintended, just something we started doing long ago to try to keep things as political discussion rather than smack.

I left the one up that best shows his shooting form, as suncat said assuming it's authentic.

If it is he's horrible. The only thing I can liken that too is the gangsta style for shotguns. Butt of the gun off the shoulder and raised up and shifted over to the arm muscle. Forehand grip isn't as bad as his stock placement but is far from good. He sure isn't shooting many rounds through it with his fingers on the steel and the length of the fore stock is too short for his size and arm length. It's at least 1-2" short for his reach. Surely a President who shoots "all the time" would have a gun more appropriately sized to his body.

If he shoots "all the time" like that he's horrid at it and his upper arm and shoulder socket must hurt like a mother.

Nothing but a typical political photo op that far too many politicians on both sides do to try to show they're like us. Passing around footballs, shooting shotguns, fishing. Just more of the kissing babies strategy of molding a politician's image.

Obama hates guns, has a long voting record and statement record of such, and aiming at a few clay pigeons with a photographer handy doesn't change it. Any more than Bush II or Kerry catching footballs made them more in touch with the "common man".

If he picks up a gun and gets enjoyment out of shooting it "all the time" he wouldn't have the demagogic fear of them he shows in his policies. He'd understand the difference between "weapons of war" and "semiauto", which means he's either lying about "all the time" or knowingly lying when he makes his gun policy statements. Or both of course, which is where my money is being bet.

Rupp's Runt

He's a politician. So I look at ANYTHING he says the same as I do when I'm listening to a convict talk........if his lips are moving he's lying.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    If it is he's horrible. The only thing I can liken that too is the gangsta style for shotguns. Butt of the gun off the shoulder and raised up and shifted over to the arm muscle. Forehand grip isn't as bad as his stock placement but is far from good. He sure isn't shooting many rounds through it with his fingers on the steel and the length of the fore stock is too short for his size and arm length. It's at least 1-2" short for his reach. Surely a President who shoots "all the time" would have a gun more appropriately sized to his body.

If he shoots "all the time" like that he's horrid at it and his upper arm and shoulder socket must hurt like a mother.
    I've got an old 12 gauge that I'd like to see him shoot a half a box of shells through using that form. He wouldn't be able to move that left arm for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    He's a politician. So I look at ANYTHING he says the same as I do when I'm listening to a convict talk........if his lips are moving he's lying.
    "I'm not going to take your guns."

I knew that was a lie when it passed through his lips. If he could he would confiscate every privately owned firearm in the country.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    "I'm not going to take your guns."

I knew that was a lie when it passed through his lips. If he could he would confiscate every privately owned firearm in the country.
    Along with ANYTHING ELSE that his Marxist, big government buddies can take.
    Last edited by suncat05; 02-03-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    MOLON LABE!

I have an old 12 that improve his form after the 1st shot. He wouldn't be placing the buttplate on the point of the shoulder again any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    I have an old 12 that improve his form after the 1st shot. He wouldn't be placing the buttplate on the point of the shoulder again any time soon.
    Let's send him a 10 gauge waterfowl single barrel and see if he learns.

Unforgettable

Can we plug up the end of the barrel first

Lol, that would get the job done.