Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Oddities

Oddities

How many things do you see in the photo that you might like to comment on? Like, damn that shoulder is gonna be sore.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...at-camp-david/

Obama_shooting2.jpg
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Oddities

"So that's what it feels like to shoot!!? Dang boys, this is fun....can someone get me an NRA membership?"

That photo looks odd, like it has been Photoshopped or something.

I agree it looks odd. To me, and I don't think it's photo shopped, his right hand, does not look "comfortable" as though, he's seen it in pictures and this is how its done...kind of hold on the barrel.

Unforgettable

Like I said BS on him shooting all the time

I've never been skeet shooting but the aim seems a bit low.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Yeah the secret service guy is recovering from pellet removal, though, badrose.

Sorry to double post but said this on the other thread. If accurate his form is horrible, but it's tough to say if it's photoshopped or not. The image of him and the gun look OK but then against the background looks wrong.

Folks here know their shooting though. Doesn't take much to find out you don't have the butt up that high and on your arm like that or that steel barrels get hot fast. lol. If real he can't have shot more than a few rounds for photo op purposes b/c you'd be in real pain pretty quick with that form. Besides not hitting the side of a barn.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Sorry to double post but said this on the other thread. If accurate his form is horrible, but it's tough to say if it's photoshopped or not. The image of him and the gun look OK but then against the background looks wrong.
    It looks like an image of him holding the gun has been Photoshopped on to the background.

Rupp's Runt

I hope the SS detail assigned to him gets a healthy pay stipend, for many more than just the obvious reasons!
    MOLON LABE!

Why is the smoke coming out the side of the barrel? I thought at first, that it had a muzzle break, but after closer examination it don't seem to have one. Also, why is there that much smoke coming from a gun that shoots shells with smokeless powder? I know there would be some, but this seems a little excessive. And...with his face being partially covered by the gun-stock and him wearing shades, who could positively identify him?

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    Why is the smoke coming out the side of the barrel? I thought at first, that it had a muzzle break, but after closer examination it don't seem to have one. Also, why is there that much smoke coming from a gun that shoots shells with smokeless powder? I know there would be some, but this seems a little excessive. And...with his face being partially covered by the gun-stock and him wearing shades, who could positively identify him?
    The excess smoke is one of the reasons I think it may be an assembled image. The extra bit of smoke I first thought may have come from the shotgun being ported, but it is a bit too far back for holes in a ported barrel. If you look close you can see what looks like wadding exiting the barrel, the propellent should be behind the wadding not ahead of it.

It also appears to me that there is zero recoil. His cheek on the stock and his shoulder do not show any shock from recoil at all.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

There's no doubt it just doesn't look "right". Maybe it was photoshopped by someone who clearly doesn't know how to hold a shotgun. lol.

There's no doubt it just doesn't look "right". Maybe it was photoshopped by someone who clearly doesn't know how to hold a shotgun. lol.
    I think they had Obama dress and hold the gun then photoshopped it onto the background and add the smoke, or put him in front of the green screen and added it electronically for the still photo, then enhanced the photos by adding the smoke. I think most of it was photoshopped though, if you start looking at details you see a lot of odd things going on (oddities was the perfect thread title!). Look at Obama's trigger finger, it doesn't appear to be pulling the trigger, and with the wadding exiting the barrel he would definitely still have the trigger depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The excess smoke is one of the reasons I think it may be an assembled image. The extra bit of smoke I first thought may have come from the shotgun being ported, but it is a bit too far back for holes in a ported barrel. If you look close you can see what looks like wadding exiting the barrel, the propellent should be behind the wadding not ahead of it.
    The gun apparently defies physics by having zero recoil. BTW, here is a pic someone posted of Obama leaving for Camp David that same day.

http://media.knoxnews.com/media/img/...54749_t607.jpg

media_28411fa6995b4fd0811554d5be154749_t607.jpg

Here is an article asserting not only the pic was photoshopped, but wasn't even a good photoshopped image.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/bad-photo...ama-gun-photo/

If an image of Obama firing a gun really existed we would have seen it in the campaign last fall when Obama was on the rocks.

So in summary the one CattyWampus posted of him shooting at Bugs Bunny was the most accurate one? lol.

I doubt he's ever shot a gun in his life other than some public appearance thing or diplomatic type thing with some leader or politician. Maybe once or twice at someplace that had a skeet range for curiosity.

So in summary the one CattyWampus posted of him shooting at Bugs Bunny was the most accurate one? lol.

I doubt he's ever shot a gun in his life other than some public appearance thing or diplomatic type thing with some leader or politician. Maybe once or twice at someplace that had a skeet range for curiosity.
    I don't think he has ever shot a gun of any kind, if he had a photo would have been publicized.

Some assert the photo of Obama could not have been taken at Camp David because the Skeet range at Camp David is surrounded by a circular fence that would be in view from any photographed angle.

I'm skeptical of conspiracy theories and the like, but no way is he shooting a shotgun in that picture. You might explain away one thing or another, but not all of it.

I can't do squat with a computer, but I swear, I could do a better job with Microsoft Paint than they did with photoshop there. It has probably been 20 years since I last shot a shotgun, but at least I've done it, and seen it, and whoever was responsible for creating that photoshopped version apparently had done neither.

You'd think they'd photoshop in an AK-47 or AR-15.

Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    That photo looks odd, like it has been Photoshopped or something.
    I think it is a real photo (no proof) that was staged to show that the POTUS was not 100% anti gun. He is clearly, not familiar with the weapon. His grip and firing position just looks a bit too loose.

Freshman

I've seen low skeet shoots where the clay pigeons run across the ground like "wabbits". Just sayin'. I still don't believe POTUS is pro-gun in any way though.

Quote Originally Posted by dethbylt View Post
    I've seen low skeet shoots where the clay pigeons run across the ground like "wabbits". Just sayin'. I still don't believe POTUS is pro-gun in any way though.
    Anyone who supports a full ban on all semi-auto weapons is about as anti-gun as you can get.

Anyone who supports a full ban on all semi-auto weapons is about as anti-gun as you can get.
    Judging by the number of shots he is claiming they can fire in a small amount of time I don't think he even has any concept what the difference is in a semi-automatic and the O/U he is supposedly shooting in that faked foto (intentional alliteration); let alone the difference in automatic and semi-automatic. The biggest lie they tell the citizens who are gun dumb is that these are "battlefield weapons."

Two major problems with that are first the last war that was fought by the US forces using primarily semi-automatics was the Korean War. When the M1 and M1A were phased out after adoption of first the M14 (automatic and semi-automatic modes) then the M16 (three round burst and semi-auto) went selective fire. Second is that the weapons sold on the market today are sold strictly for commercial purposes to citizens, they are built to look like military weapons, but do not function anything like their military cousins.

Just to be clear, this is the photo released by the White House.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/us...ire.html?_r=1&

Look at the bottom. The media knows so little about guns they originally said he was firing a rifle. They had to correct it to say it was a shotgun.

The only thing dumber than that was someone complimenting his form in the comments.