Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Loretta Lynn

Fab Five

Loretta Lynn

...released her latest album this past Friday, “Still Woman Enough. I listened Friday and was blown away by the strength of her vocals. At age 87 and in her 7th decade in Country Music, she has now released her 50th album. It’s in addition to 36 Compilation Albums, 5 Video Albums 2 Live albums, 2 box sets and 24 appearances on other albums. What an incredible accomplishment!

I believe you have to have spent considerable time in the Appalachians to fully understand the true fullness of here accomplishments. You don’t escape the world she was born into without drive and determination. And it is that drive and determination that have allowed her to survive some of life’s tragedies.

In a month where the country commemorates Women’s History, many of the women being recognized don’t measure up to the accomplishments of Ms Lynn. As a proud Kentuckian I just wanted to recognize a women who represents the very best of Kentucky.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: Loretta Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    ...released her latest album this past Friday, “Still Woman Enough. I listened Friday and was blown away by the strength of her vocals. At age 87 and in her 7th decade in Country Music, she has now released her 50th album. It’s in addition to 36 Compilation Albums, 5 Video Albums 2 Live albums, 2 box sets and 24 appearances on other albums. What an incredible accomplishment!

I believe you have to have spent considerable time in the Appalachians to fully understand the true fullness of here accomplishments. You don’t escape the world she was born into without drive and determination. And it is that drive and determination that have allowed her to survive some of life’s tragedies.

In a month where the country commemorates Women’s History, many of the women being recognized don’t measure up to the accomplishments of Ms Lynn. As a proud Kentuckian I just wanted to recognize a women who represents the very best of Kentucky.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

This picture was part of a on line contest to see if a person could put a name with the person in the picture. I failed on this one taken 1n 1975. I could not place this pic to save my life. She was one beautiful woman back in the day.

Last edited by dan_bgblue; 03-21-2021 at 10:20 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Loretta Lynn

Scared me to click on the thread. Was afraid we had lost an icon!

Fab Five

Dan, I had to study it for a while. I confess to having ignored country music for a good part of my life. I was too busy listening to Southern Rock, Texas Blues, Jazz and Classic Rock. But I did dive into Outlaw country and Americana music on occasion (thank you Emmy Lou).

About 15 years ago I became friends with a guy who plays the Honky Tonks in Nashville and got reacquainted with the country music of my youth. I have grown to appreciate the genre. So many Kentuckians have made country music what it is. Loretta just happens to be the queen.
    Real Fan since 1958

We visited the tiny house she and her family lived in at the head of Butcher Hollow a few years ago. The house is very typical for Appalachian construction of that era, it was perched on the steep hillside, two rooms downstairs, two rooms upstairs, and in this case two rooms added on the back. There were no hallways, no bathroom. There was a pasture right in front of the house, so there was no way to take a picture from the front.

Here is a pic I took with my phone. The house was built on one of the flatter areas on the property.
    148A4135-02E1-4ED7-8A14-CDB92CEF6EAE.jpg

Is that a ghost on the front porch?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Cool pic, Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Is that a ghost on the front porch?
    No, it’s someone from the group that was leaving when we arrived.

Happy birthday to the young lady today.

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Loretta's sister "ain't" bad:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Hv9S0&usqp=CAU

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Loretta's sister "ain't" bad:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Hv9S0&usqp=CAU

Darryl
    My favorite concert at (then) Northeast Louisiana University. This college kid was...enthralled with her presence so close I could reach out and touch her. Beautiful, and beautiful voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My favorite concert at (then) Northeast Louisiana University. This college kid was...enthralled with her presence so close I could reach out and touch her. Beautiful, and beautiful voice.
    She sure could make a teen boy’s heart go pitter patter when she’d sing Don’t it Make My Brown Eyes Blue and make you feel like she was singing to you.