Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Good article on plastics

Good article on plastics

Few things I disagree with, and I've only skimmed it, but a good overall summary of the problem of making things that don't ever go away, and have broken down into micro particles that now are literally found in every square inch of this planet from the deep Amazon to the intestines of deep sea creatures.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/t...=pocket-newtab
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Good article on plastics

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Few things I disagree with, and I've only skimmed it, but a good overall summary of the problem of making things that don't ever go away, and have broken down into micro particles that now are literally found in every square inch of this planet from the deep Amazon to the intestines of deep sea creatures.

Scary!! Pretty much boils down to long term good health and existence of our kids and g'kids by being good stewards of our earth vs $$$$ and convenience.
    Last edited by IkeCat; 03-25-2021 at 02:02 AM.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Yep, this is a HUGE environmental issue. Thanks for linking this, it is a great article on the situation. I would liked to have seen it dig into the role the Coca-Cola company has played in this as well (pushing plastic bottles, fighting recycling initiatives, etc.)

Coke, but all of them are in on it, and the "recycle" thing is a giant lie to make people feel OK being so very disposable in their lives.

I'm working on cutting down on it. I use a Brita water pitcher at the office, which still has disposable filters, but at least isn't garbage bags full of plastic water bottles. in the 70s Robin Williams made fun of Perrier for selling bottled water you could get for free from the tap, and now everyone does it.

Current climate change pushes, etc. are all really misplaced. The real issue is that our nation and most every other nation has geared itself to convenient disposability in everything in our lives, from plastic water bottles to furniture and big items. Buy it cheap, use it a while, toss it and get another.

That's the threat to the environment, from plastics to the rare earth minerals we use in all those electronics we toss and never reuse.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

That's the threat to the environment, from plastics to the rare earth minerals we use in all those electronics we toss and never reuse.
    I have been thinking for years that there is money to be made by investing in a company that gets the rights to dig into and recycle old major municipal landfills.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

There are billions, tens of billions worth of precious metals in those landfills. It's just getting them separated from all the worthless trash.

The French law on reuse and repair of electronics is an interesting step. I haven't read any of it yet, but I do think the state will have to step in to eliminate the lack of cost to throwing things in the trash. esp. materials that are very rare and mostly controlled by our enemies.

Honestly, I would love to go back to Glass bottles for everything. Put a deposit on each of them like it used to be.