Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I Never Realized How Racist Alabama Is, They Require ID Proof For Everything!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

I Never Realized How Racist Alabama Is, They Require ID Proof For Everything!

Examples:
    Writing a check
    Using a bank card
    Getting on a plane
    Getting a driver’s license
    Voting....Which is absolutely the worst

I mean really....everything!! What Woke state can I move to that doesn’t have this racism?

Darryl

Re: I Never Realized How Racist Alabama Is, They Require ID Proof For Everything!

The idea that you can vote without an id, and that that's somehow unfair to anyone, simply befuddles me.

First, anyone can get one. Every state issues non driving IDs, so you don't even need to drive a car to get one, though of course almost everyone in most states outside of huge cities has a driver's license.

Second, we require an id to do almost anything that requires security and identification, from buying smokes and booze to everything financial.

It's an extremely low bar to get one in order to be able to participate. The reason people don't want it requires is so a) the homeless etc. can be used as manipulated voters by activists and b) to commit outright fraud.

We require a basic standard of identification to cash a check, rent a car, buy age restricted items, and even enter some government buildings. Forget flying or taking out a loan, etc.

it seems a very reasonable requirement to be able to participate, and one that is an obvious check against fraud. kentucky has afaik always required you to have an ID, and we are a very poor state with low levels of education and people seem to be fine with it.

I also find it interesting that it is called "racist", clearly implying that minorities are less capable of having an ID or getting one. The implication is that a minority doesn't drive, doesn't buy booze or smokes legally, and otherwise doesn't participate minimally in society. I would find that quite insulting, the same as if the argument was that kentuckians can't manage such a simple feat.

Even those who are quite poor have an ID and have to have one for minimal services. I really don't know who doesn't have one at all, I'm sure some homeless folks, etc. but its very few. Given the risk of fraud if we don't require one it seems a very reasonable balance.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: I Never Realized How Racist Alabama Is, They Require ID Proof For Everything!

The reason liberals don’t want IDs is to make it easy to cheat. When my kids were in eighth grade and took school sponsored trips they had to have an ID for Amtrak, to pick up tix at sports events, etc. We paid like $8 to get them an official state ID made.

The Georgia law makes it even easier, they can use their Social Security cards as an ID. Everyone born in the US gets one of those upon birth.

Rupp's Runt

I have to show ID when I vote. And I literally grew up with the ladies that check me in.

My God man they still raise cotton in that state
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.