Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I wish I had taken a photo yesterday

I wish I had taken a photo yesterday

A few months ago, after never having done it, I gave blood. The process was fine, I felt like they were safe at the American Red Cross donation facility which is close to where I live, and so I did it again six weeks later, and then again yesterday.

The first two times, no issue. Yesterday, no issue. But after I was home for awhile, I took off the red wrap (I think they said I could take it off after wearing it an hour), and figured I'd pull off the band-aid, too. I did, walked out of the bathroom, and my wife's face told it all.

My arm was red. For some reason, it was pumping blood out like crazy. When I say my arm was red, it was literally covered, and it looked, well, red. Coated with paint. Except it was my own blood.

She told me to hold my arm under the shower and grab something to stop the bleeding like I was going to pass out or something. In the meantime, she grabbed some gauze bandages and dried the area, and put on gauze. It darkened the gauze, but stopped bleeding, thankfully.

I went back and read, and apparently you're supposed to leave the band-aid on at least 5 hours. So...I guess you should either read what they give you, or listen to what they tell you. Who knew?

I was kinda cautious, and just took off the gauze bandage. Don't remember it looking like that before.

Jeez!! That could have gone sideways pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Re: I wish I had taken a photo yesterday

I have never seen anything like it. I’ve given blood almost 50 times. I didn’t know there was a prescribed time to leave the wrap in place. But normally I leave it on until the next shower, late at night or next morning. Sorry you had a bad experience, but what you gave was priceless.
    Real Fan since 1958

No, you dont need the bandaid for 5 hrs. That had nothing to do with it.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Meh, just an annoyance. No big deal, I'll be ready to go again next time.

Does make me wonder what happened, but unless it happens again I won't worry about it.

I go to the cancer center to get blood drawn. My veins are trashed from this last decade of rheumatology, cardiology and leukemia. I'd probably take the needle away and stab the vampires at the blood drawings. Miss three times and it's "I'm leaving before I return the stabbing".