Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

* Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky v Florida II *

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/under is 50.5 - predict the total points scored by the Kentucky starting 5 by stating whether it will be OVER 50.5 or UNDER 50.5, and by how many. (Doc's hint, it should end in .5)

4. We got a right to pick a little fight, Bonanza! If anyone fights any one of us, he's gotta fight with me. (Yes, those are the lyrics...) Pick the UK player who will get in the most "fights." This will be determined first--if any UK player gets called for a Technical Foul, he's the Bonanza. If more than one get a Technical Foul, the one with the most T's is the Bonanza. If there's a tie, both are the Bonanza. If there are no T's, then the next Bonanza is a Flagrant Foul. If no T's, no Flagrants, then it's simply who commits the most Fouls. I hope I didn't overcomplicate this--just pick who you think might get a T, or Flagrant (any kind), or most fouls. Only need to name the Player, and a point will be awarded here for the closest pick if there are no correct selections.

Tie breaker: Total number of Fouls committed by UK

Re: * Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky v Florida II *

1. UK + 8
    2. Boston 20
    3. Under by 4.5
    4. Not going to pick an obvious choice here, but going with Devin Askew. Have a feeling.
    TB. 22

Kentucky by 3
    Boston 21
    Over 6.5
    Jackson

1) UK by 12
    2) Mintz 18
    3) Under by 0.5
    4) Jackson
    TB 27
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Kentucky by 3
    Brooks 19
    Over 5.5
    Sarr
    Tb: 16
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Florida by 5
    Sarr 21
    Over 8.5
    Brooks
    Tb: 30

Cats by 7
    Boston 17
    Under by 7.5
    Jackson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

UK by 6
    Mintz 19
    Under 1.5
    Brooks

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

UK by 8

Mintz 21

+2.5

Brooks

Last edited by kingcat; 02-27-2021 at 10:59 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

1) Cats by 5
    2) Mann 19
    3) + 4.5
    4) Sarr most fouls (all touch fouls)

Tb)23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 02-27-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

OK, before I start posting the grading results, as I started to go through I noticed that there may be some technical interpretations needed. I do not recall who has what at all, just that there might be some funny results, so bear with me.

I'm going to post the interpretations first. Then grade.

First, Mintz for UK and Mann for UK tied for game-high honors with 21 each. I went way back to 2012--I bumped the thread I found--where we had previously had a need for a rules interpretation, and so we will be consistent here. First, you take every KSR member who chose either one of them. Then the one who gets the point is the closest one to the actual point total. (I.E., you don't get a point unless you picked a correct player AND you are closest to the points scored.)

Second, on the OVER/UNDER game. I could not locate this quickly, but I feel very comfortable that we have posted this before somewhere. The rule is the same as the game prediction--first, you have to guess the right "SIDE" -- OVER, or UNDER, correctly. Otherwise OVER/UNDER has no real meaning, and we might as well just say guess the number. Then you have to be closest. It can (and probably will today) result in something funny, but think of it a little like a twist on "The Price is Right," where, instead of having to be the closest without going over, you have to be the closest and pick what side you missed on.

OK, now I'll post the results.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 02-27-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Here we go...

1. UKFlounder missed by only 1 point (and picked the correct winner), so with that outstanding pick, he gets the first point.

2. Kingcat, Doc and BigBluePappy correctly chose Mintz, who tied with Mann, and Blueboss correctly chose Mann. Both players scored 21, so we look at the score predictions and we find that Kingcat had a perfect pick here of 21, so he gets the point. Well-earned!

3. Here's the next screwy interpretation thing--we were very close on setting the OVER/UNDER for the starting 5, as we said 50.5, and the total was 51. The correct answer was OVER 0.5.

Sorry, BigBluePappy, you chose the wrong side--with a great pick of UNDER 0.5, you missed by just 1, but Kingcat chose OVER by 2.5. Since he got the right "SIDE," his pick that missed by just 2 beats your pick that missed by just 1. Call it the New Math. Congrats, Kingcat.

4. No UK players earned a Technical or Flagrant Foul. Jackson and Askew both gathered 4 fouls, so we had two "BONANZAs" looking for a fight. Correct picks here included Darrell KSR, Harlow, BigBluePappy and uklandrn.

With 2 points, Kingcat wins a hard-earned victory in this very tough HOF Game Contest. Kudos also to BigBluePappy, who just ran afoul of rules interpretations, but otherwise had an outstanding contest today.

Congrats, Kingcat!

Thanks. A very more bitter than sweet win.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain