Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayer request for blueboss and his wife

Prayer request for blueboss and his wife

blueboss posted in the game thread last night that his wife had been taken to the hospital with suspected Corona virus. He asked for our prayers. I thought that some of us might miss that bit of news so I started this thread to make the news more visible.

If you are inclined to offer up prayers for her, I am sure they will be appreciated.

Boss, if you have any updates about her condition, please drop us a post here. God bless you and yours.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Wow! Just wow!!

You all are the best!!! Just got a bit dusty up in here.

She did test positive, and with her underlying pulmonary issues they admitted her and started infusion treatment immediately... or as quickly as possible.

She had flu like symptoms (achey, low energy, head ache) Monday evening. Yesterday her breathing became more labored even while on O2 and she developed low grade fever (high 99’s).So we did a video chat with her GP who recommended she go immediately to ER.

I spoke to her this morning (sucks not being able to be there with her), she had a rough night with labored breathing, but this morning she says it’s a lot better... she does sound better, hopefully not just a plateau before another peak.

Again, thanks for all your all’s kind words, thoughts and prayers, we are very appreciative of the out pouring.... it does matter/help.

I’m currently sitting symptom free at Dr office waiting to be tested... looks like I’m locked down for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fab Five

Re: Prayer request for blueboss and his wife

I’m very sad to hear the news Boss. None of us wants to take this journey. Know that we are there with you. Prayers and best wishes that recovery is quick and complete. Godspeed!
    Real Fan since 1958

boss, your wife is in my prayers as are you. please keep us updated.

Rupp's Runt

Thanks Dan I would have missed it.

Prayers for Blueboss and his wife!

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Thanks Dan I would have missed it.

Prayers for Blueboss and his wife!
    Ditto and ditto! Praying for you and your Mrs., blueboss.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

Thanks for the heads up Dan!

Prayers for blueboss's wife, the doctors who are treating her, blueboss, and his family.

@blueboss - Good luck to you mate! If you have any questions regarding the science behind her treatment feel free to ping me. I know it is unlikely but at the same time doctors are not always the best as explaining the why sometimes. As such, I wanted to extend the offer in advance.

Blueboss, prayers for your wife, you and your family. Sorry I've been occupied the last two days and just saw this. You guys are in my prayers.

It’s been a day... good news

CAT scans and X-rays all came back negative.Her lung Dr confirmed she does not have pneumonia, covid pneumonia, or any blood clots.

Having said that she still is going through some rough symptoms from the covid. They are currently dosing her pretty hard with steroids, and breathing treatments to get her lungs as healthy as possible until they can wrangle in the covid. If anyone has taken a steroid pak before and experienced the side effects of the jitters and edgy feeling (heebie jeebies) you get, now multiply it by 3 or 4. They’re doubling her inhaler treatments, and giving her steroid injections, along with the other meds. I do think/hope she’s strong enough to handle the onslaught with not being able to get real rest.

Another tough night ahead... keep those prayers coming, this group carries some pretty heavy clout with The Man upstairs.

I do have faith, tomorrow will be a better day, God willing.

... It wouldn’t hurt to throw in a little something for her care takers too.

Oh yeah, she has/had an appointment for her first vaccine shot Saturday

Last edited by blueboss; 02-18-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Prayers offered up for Mrs. blueboss & you, and for her speedy & full recovery.

Again, prayers for you and yours, Brother.
    I can't imagine what I would be feeling now if that were Miss Peg in that situation.
    I am not that strong of a man...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Again, prayers for you and yours, Brother.
    I can't imagine what I would be feeling now if that were Miss Peg in that situation.
    I am not that strong of a man...
    Amen. My prayers are with you and the Mrs. also Boss

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    It’s been a day... good news

CAT scans and X-rays all came back negative.Her lung Dr confirmed she does not have pneumonia, covid pneumonia, or any blood clots.

Having said that she still is going through some rough symptoms from the covid. They are currently dosing her pretty hard with steroids, and breathing treatments to get her lungs as healthy as possible until they can wrangle in the covid. If anyone has taken a steroid pak before and experienced the side effects of the jitters and edgy feeling (heebie jeebies) you get, now multiply it by 3 or 4. They’re doubling her inhaler treatments, and giving her steroid injections, along with the other meds. I do think/hope she’s strong enough to handle the onslaught with not being able to get real rest.

Another tough night ahead... keep those prayers coming, this group carries some pretty heavy clout with The Man upstairs.

I do have faith, tomorrow will be a better day, God willing.

... It wouldn’t hurt to throw in a little something for her care takers too.

Oh yeah, she has/had an appointment for her first vaccine shot Saturday

IMO a prayer should never be offered up without giving thanks for those giving care to the afflicted. Sure hope she has a good day today
    seeya
    dan

Done...hope all goes well, and hope he is safe and unaffected. Most know my whole family was stricken, and we all survived with only one needing hospitalization for a couple days despite some major pre-existing conditions. Treatment protocols have come a long long way so hope she is in good hands
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

So far so good, Mrs boss is still showing signs of improvement. They’ve actually lowered her O2 to 2L. so her lungs are still staying healthy as far as being affected by the virus.

She did complain of her headache coming back today so still some covid symptoms flaring up.

Keep’m coming... please.

Thinking about you my friend.

Hope this morning finds your better half enjoying the sunrise. It is bright as all get out here in BG with all the snow hanging around. I had to get up at sunrise to close the blinds in my bedroom so I nap a bit longer.
    seeya
    dan

Good news!! Depending on test results they may release her late this afternoon. This morning her biggest complaint has been her sinuses, but they are attributing that to 2 days of 4L of O2...

They are doing another round of Rx, so we’ll see...

I’m still symptom free waiting for results, should know today or tomorrow.

Once again the power of prayer from this board has been a great comfort...

Last edited by blueboss; 02-20-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Great!

Hopefully all goes well today

That’s awesome boss. Praying for continued good news!
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Good news - Wife is getting released!!

More good news - my test was negative

Bad news, wife may still be positive, so we have to follow “out in public” protocols, social distance, masks, Clorox wipes on everything, wash hands/sanitizer when I bring her home.

Fab Five

Bad news, wife may still be positive, so we have to follow “out in public” protocols, social distance, masks, Clorox wipes on everything, wash hands/sanitizer when I bring her home.

This same thing happened to my former wife. The hospital doctors seem to be coming up with good game plans to fight this virus. It’s very encouraging. Vaccinate and improve treatments. It’s a good game plan.
    Real Fan since 1958

Great News!

Bombino

Great news!!!! Be safe and DO NOT slack on taking care of yourself while you take care of her. You can't help her get better if you fall ill as well.

Rupp's Runt

Very good news, boss!
    And like Doc said, take good care of yourself as you take care of her. 😉 🙏

Rupp's Runt

Sorry, I misread a post. What Pedro said.....

Keep the good news coming, please.

So far so good, the Mrs is still heading in the right direction, or at least hasn’t gone backwards... I’m still symptom free.

Did Mrs Boss make it home? I sure hope so as I know it would be great to have her there where you can watch over her.

It is great to hear that she is still trending in a positive direction.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Did Mrs Boss make it home? I sure hope so as I know it would be great to have her there where you can watch over her.

It is great to hear that she is still trending in a positive direction.
    Brought her home yesterday. She was really relieved to be home but still pretty weak. She’s getting some quality rest with comforts of home.

The medical staff did an outstanding job and she was exactly where she needed to be for the last four days.

I’m still symptom free so that’s a blessing that we’re not both down at the same time.

Appreciate all the prayers, concern and thoughts.