Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

the 2021 RIP list gets longer today...Rush Limbaugh added

I know many did not like or appreciate him but I did. I didn't listen to him a lot but enjoyed him adding a true conservative voice to the discussion, and see him as the father of political talk radio

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/media...ary/index.html

or

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-l...servative-icon

Big difference in the descriptions, huh?
    Last edited by Doc; 02-17-2021 at 01:37 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: the 2021 RIP list gets longer today...Rush Limbaugh added

It's been many years since I listened to Rush. I've lost family members to lung cancer and it's a hard thing. RIP.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I probably heard a dozen or so segments in the course of all those years, when I was in the car. Haven't heard one in many years.

Love him or hate him his influence is undeniable. Before Fox the only real voice of conservatism was talk radio, and that was all b/c of Rush. Before that there was none.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Didnt like his Garcia quotes. But I will not do as he did.

He was classy in his goodbye which I heard live and it hit home emotionally
    Last edited by bigsky; 02-17-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Was Paul Harvey his forerunner?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

He made a difference
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fab Five

What most don’t understand was Rush was a commercial genius. Advertisers flocked to him at a time when companies worried he might offend their customers. Limbaugh opened up links to consumers that advertisers never had before. Who would have ever heard of Snapple if not for Rush’s show? Advertisers learned quickly that Rush listeners were brand loyal. This saved AM radio and allowed it to move in a new direction.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rush is why I am a populist/conservative.

When I started at the CPA firm, the Audit partner I traveled with in E.KY was listening to Rush on all of our drives to our audit fieldwork. At that point, I was a typical Dem mostly because my parents were FDR Dems. But as I listened to him I realized my personal viewpoints were much more aligned with is positions than the Dem party. I do not think many FDR democrats recognize today's Democratic party though.

As the GOP shifts more to populist politics, you will find more and more union members shift to the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    What most don’t understand was Rush was a commercial genius. Advertisers flocked to him at a time when companies worried he might offend their customers. Limbaugh opened up links to consumers that advertisers never had before. Who would have ever heard of Snapple if not for Rush’s show? Advertisers learned quickly that Rush listeners were brand loyal. This saved AM radio and allowed it to move in a new direction.
    Mick, funny you mention this. Do you remember Rush's spoof ads for "Spatula City"?

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Mick, funny you mention this. Do you remember Rush's spoof ads for "Spatula City"?
    Haha. Rush could pull off a spoof as well as anyone. I remember when he told everyone he was voting for Bill Clinton. He came back the next hour to irate callers and then proceeded to use every denial Clinton ever used to deny he said he would vote for Clinton. It was an outrageous show.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Haha. Rush could pull off a spoof as well as anyone. I remember when he told everyone he was voting for Bill Clinton. He came back the next hour to irate callers and then proceeded to use every denial Clinton ever used to deny he said he would vote for Clinton. It was an outrageous show.
    OMG! I remember that. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Fab Five

I still laugh about it today.
    Real Fan since 1958