Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Low-Information Voter

Low-Information Voter

In recent years, the term "Low-information Voter" has become a point of discussion on Twitter, on message boards, on blogs and in comment sections of articles from the media.

Here's a screen shot of a letter purportedly sent to the editor of a NC newspaper. I say purportedly, because I don't know whether it's the real deal or not. What is written in this letter isn't dissimilar to other things I've seen written or said by other low-information voters. It would be great satire if it was fictional, but it's not a stretch to think that it is representative of so many people who do their "civic duty" and go to the polls to vote.

Remember, the vote of the person who wrote this (if it's true) counts just the same as your vote.

https://twitter.com/BenHowe/status/2...452225/photo/1

Rupp's Runt

Re: Low-Information Voter

I fail to understand the reasoning that says a Caeserian section birth and being a citizen have anything even remotely in common or related to each other. Wow! Just wow!
    And it's pretty clear that the author of this diatribe clearly has no real life understanding of out nation's founding document, nor does this individual understand the most basic ideas behind any form of gun control, anywhere in this nation.
    The divide in this country just keeps getting wider & wider.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I fail to understand the reasoning that says a Caeserian section birth and being a citizen have anything even remotely in common or related to each other. Wow! Just wow!
    And it's pretty clear that the author of this diatribe clearly has no real life understanding of out nation's founding document, nor does this individual understand the most basic ideas behind any form of gun control, anywhere in this nation.
    The divide in this country just keeps getting wider & wider.
    "natural born" is where the confusion comes. A C-section is not a "natural birth". Of course natural born citizen and natural birth are unrelated but not to a moron. My hunch is this letter is a hoax because clearly nobody could be that dumb.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My hunch is this letter is a hoax because clearly nobody could be that dumb.
    That's why I included my own disclaimer when I posted it. I'm about 50/50 on whether it's legitimate because I've seen letters to the LHL editor that are just about as moronic.

UPDATE: The letter is legitimate. It may have been written for the purpose of making the Dems sound moronic, or it may be from a Dem who truly is a moron.

http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/n...a4bcf887a.html
    Last edited by CattyWampus; 01-31-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Don't forget the woman that thought a deer crossing sign was a dishonest lure.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

It's hard to comprehend that 50% of the population's IQ is at or below 100. (Err, no pun intended)
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I think it's probably a hoax, but I know for sure people can be that dumb. Not many, but there are some folks who are unreal levels of stupid.

In one of my fav shows, the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, they do panel interviews of the finalists. One of them couldn't answer which party the President belonged to, and said she couldn't name the parties and didn't know what they were. Later in the TV interview she said she blanked out but they were the Democrats and "what's the other one?".

Needless to say she was cut. The DCC do a ton of public appearances and they can't have morons on the squad.

Low Voter Information would be my gripe and I did not read the twitter link. The MSM provides disinformation to those that do not have the desire or the means to search for unbased information. The media to a large degree does a disservice to the nation by providing "news" that does not educate the public with facts they can use to make a sound judgement.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I think you are overestimating the intellectual capabilities of some in this nation. I too think it is a hoax, not because people can't be that dumb, but because the letter seems to be written with a sarcastic tone.

Unforgettable

Sounds like some of our democrats in mississippi

UOTE=Doc;51947]"natural born" is where the confusion comes. A C-section is not a "natural birth". Of course natural born citizen and natural birth are unrelated but not to a moron. My hunch is this letter is a hoax because clearly nobody could be that dumb.[/QUOTE]