Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

What's your Super Bowl Sunday eats tonight?

We're not having anything special. In fact, just getting takeout pizza today. No wings, bean dip, sandwiches, whatever.

What's for dinner tonight? Doesn't have to be game oriented...

Re: What's your Super Bowl Sunday eats tonight?

Lasagna at my house tonight
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Yum. That sounds great.

Still at office. Will get whatever. Not much interest in the superbowl.

Now, Valentine's day next weekend....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Ms. boss wanted Kingfish, I’m not a fan but happy wife... they do have some pretty good fried catfish strips along with clam chowder.

We had wings last night, and they upped the temp on hot, they wore me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Boneless wings with blue cheese crumbles

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Good stuff. We ended up with pizza and a pizza bowl from Marco's tonight. I don't remember them being that greasy. I had a pizza bowl, and I literally drained the grease out before eating it. Tasted good, though. Thankfully, had 350 calories today until dinner, so I didn't wreck my day too badly with the bad meal.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Ms. boss wanted Kingfish, I’m not a fan but happy wife... they do have some pretty good fried catfish strips along with clam chowder.

Haven't had Kingfish in a long long time. In fact it was still in the steamboat looking building, and I think those are all long gone? I think it was in the 1980s.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

I grew up going to Kingfish. Ate there on a trip back to Louisville a couple of years ago. Very disappointed. Their rolled oysters were never quite as good as Mazzoni's, but I liked them. The ones I had on my last trip were just awful. So disappointed.
    Real Fan since 1958

My last trip to Kingfish was probably 3 or 4 years ago and don’t plan on going back. They’re kind of fast food now at sit down prices.

Another Louisville institution that I don’t get is Mike Linnig’s. People flock there when the weather is nice but the food is just meh. I guess they’re not going for the food.

I'm a little late but wife warmed up some Aldi Processed Cheese and salsa for dipping and made her homemade chili with some fresh baked cornbread.

Not exciting but was perfect for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I grew up going to Kingfish. Ate there on a trip back to Louisville a couple of years ago. Very disappointed. Their rolled oysters were never quite as good as Mazzoni's, but I liked them. The ones I had on my last trip were just awful. So disappointed.
    Mazzoni's rolled oysters. Man I am missing my dad right about now...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I'm a little late but wife warmed up some Aldi Processed Cheese and salsa for dipping and made her homemade chili with some fresh baked cornbread.

Not exciting but was perfect for us.
    That kind of comfort food is probably among my very favorite. I love a good bowl of chili and cornbread, and cheese and salsa for dipping? Yum.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Mazzoni's rolled oysters. Man I am missing my dad right about now...
    Oh yes! My dad would take me to Mazzoni’s on Third near Market across from Levy’s. We’d go there most Saturdays in the winter for lunch. I’d get a bowl of chile, 3 oysters and a coke. He had 3 oysters and a Falls City. Those were some of my best times of my childhood. When they moved to Bowman Field the whole family went on Friday nights.
    Real Fan since 1958

Yep, that was the place.
    3 Oysters and a Coke for me and 3 oysters and a 7 oz Falls City for dad as well.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.