Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Maine Central Coast???

Maine Central Coast???

Hey guys.

I have a conference in Boston the first week of August (I hope, Boston still only allowing 100 people as of now in congregate).

August 1 just happens to be our anniversary so the wifey and I are going to fly into Bangor on Thursday the 29th and have 4 nights before we need to arrive in Boston on Monday.

I originally was thinking just go to Bar Harbor. but, that is a 5+ hour drive back to Boston on Monday and as I do some research there are many places that may provide some good relaxation, coast, Lobster and Chowder, art, entertainment, sailing, and simply reading on a balcony with a great view. BoothBay, Rockland, Rockport, Camden, Bath, Cape Elizabeth, Kennebunkport etc. That does not even include Portsmouth.

So, now thinking maybe go further south and drive some or split it up into 2 nights Bar Harbor and 2 nights further south. I cannot lie, Acadia National park is a draw for me so that is an allure of the Bar Harbor Area but there are some state parks further south that look great and are also on the coast.

So, anyone have any experience on the Central coast of Maine? We are semi-foodies and wine people and do love art and history.

Thanks.

Re: Maine Central Coast???

Never been but it’s on the list.

Fab Five

Spent a couple of days in Booth Bay Harbor. Went on a sailboat ride that was absolutely terrific. As you drive the coast, I highly recommend stopping at one of the roadside places that sell steamer clams. They drop them in vats outside the restaurant and bring them to your table in just a few minutes. Absolutely the best seafood I've ever eaten. Of course the lobster is good, but the clams were more memorable.

Since you are driving I recommend you spend a few hours in Portsmouth, NH. Europeans first visited the area in the early 1600s.The downtown area is charming and it is not too hard to find a place that serves outstanding clam chowda.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 03-10-2021 at 12:13 AM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Haven't been but hope to someday. Gotta get the wife out the Disney World mindset...

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Haven't been but hope to someday. Gotta get the wife out the Disney World mindset...
    Trust me on the DW mindset... DW and DD12 are at WDW at least 30 days a year.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    Trust me on the DW mindset... DW and DD12 are at WDW at least 30 days a year.
    I love Disney, but I'm over it for a while. We go back the last week of April.