Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Damage Report For Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Perdido Area ??

We are currently looking to book a vacation for May. The last few years we’ve gone to Perdido Key on the opposite end of the island as Gulf Shores. MS. boss is wondering what the damage in the area is like from last years hurricanes.

Was there a lot of damage to the restaurants, and other businesses in the area as well as vacation rental properties.

I seem to remember seeing they mostly just had heavy rain events with minimal damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Damage Report For Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Perdido Area ??

Bump... anybody??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Damage Report For Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Perdido Area ??

Perdido got hit pretty hard & many condos sustained significant enough damage that they were out of action through the fall. I haven't checked to see if they're ready for the spring -sorry.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

Re: Damage Report For Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Perdido Area ??

FloraBama is open as usual. What else do you need? You may find a restaurant or two that didn't make it back in business, but things are fully open in LA. The storm hit a few days before the Grand Opening of the Replacement Pier in Gulf Shores and it is lost. Places like the Warf never really stopped business. If you can find a place to stay there really is no reason not to enjoy your stay. Tough times for residential property owners. Parts of the State Park were closed for a bit, but I believe everything is usable there. Traditionally, the park is kind of a staging area for the recovery.

No reason not to go and enjoy. Folks on the Riviera are resilient. If you and Ms Boss, need a BBQ fix, Birmingham is always open.
    Real Fan since 1958