Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Fab Five

Suckers in Michigan and Cali can now start to live

Less than a week after a Democrat President is inaugurated, Democrat governors lift stay at home orders. Pigs in those states can now live as their brothers and sisters in other states. Newsome is trying to beat back a recall attempt. But rest assurred this was never about politics. We can all see for ourselves how much safer the pigs in those two states were.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: Suckers in Michigan and Cali can now start to live

Pigs and Suckers? Nice.

Fwiw, Newsom has a zero chance of getting recalled and he knows that. Like, less than zero. He has a 60% approval rating.

It possible he's lifting the order because cases and hospitalizations are way down? Cases are down 46% in the last two weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Also, almost every single restaurant and bar around me has stayed open during the entire "stay at home" order. Inside and out.
    Last edited by ukpumacat; 01-27-2021 at 03:38 PM.
    ~Puma~

I keep hearing that in the Torrance and Compton area things have been shut down.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Pigs and Suckers? Nice.

Fwiw, Newsom has a zero chance of getting recalled and he knows that. Like, less than zero. He has a 60% approval rating.

It possible he's lifting the order because cases and hospitalizations are way down? Cases are down 46% in the last two weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Also, almost every single restaurant and bar around me has stayed open during the entire "stay at home" order. Inside and out.
    Which provides additional evidence that closing down businesses was totally unnecessary.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Which provides additional evidence that closing down businesses was totally unnecessary.
    Well, most businesses were not closed down. But as for me personally, I was against the stay at home order. When we were in the "purple tier", at least restaurants could stay open outside...which here in California isn't an issue. Most had spent a decent amount of money building new outside patios, seating, etc. It wasn't perfect but it was far safer and kept them open.

But, after the stay at home order started in mid-December, they just threw their hands up. Most just stayed open and said to hell with it. And my biggest issue with it was most of them just didn't have any more rules at all. Bars and restaurants were packed inside...no masks and no distancing. That was stupid and it just made things worse.

Its definitely one of those things where rules and laws are only as good as the people being willing to abide by them. This is California. The majority of folks here are supportive of the Governor (on most things) and are certainly taking Covid seriously. But he pushed too far and lost the support of many people on the issue.
    ~Puma~