Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

First shot (Moderna). Some deep soreness at the injection site. Pain began to fade after 18 to 24 hours and gone in two days.

Second dose: Same deep soreness at injection site but more severe. Duration appears similar. Next day I was lethargic and a bit weak (But went right on).
    Sensed something was happening (periodic and mild upset stomach, ear popping, some sinus congestion (possibly allergies), joint and/or muscle pain, etc...but any latter symptoms were mild and very short lived. No fever or chills)
    Last edited by kingcat; 03-26-2021 at 08:13 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    First shot (Moderna). Some deep soreness at the injection site. Pain began to fade after 18 to 24 hours and gone in two days.

Second dose: Same deep soreness at injection site but more severe. Duration appears similar. Next day I was lethargic and a bit weak (But went right on).
    Sensed something was happening (periodic and mild upset stomach, ear popping, some sinus congestion (possibly allergies), joint and/or muscle pain, etc...but any latter symptoms were mild and very short lived. No fever or chills)
    Awesome. Sounds like a normal morning for folks our age. .
    Congrats, now let's get this horrible disease beat back and get to a sense of normalcy again!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    It did but in a VERY obtuse and round-about manner. Why are they talking about their testing protocols before they tell you what the result means? For someone well-educated (like yourself or myself) it is easy to parse, but for non-educated and/or elderly donors this is a nightmare paragraph.

Sorry, this is an aside and a big issue I am dealing with at my company right now; ensuring that verbiage is clear, concise, and accurate.
    I don't know, guys.

They tell you whether you were Positive, Negative, or Reactive, and then give you a click to tell you what each of them means. But you could be right, it might be beyond some of the individuals who are donating. Then again, I'm not even sure they'd have the App I have as a Blood Donor to schedule my appointments, see the progress of the blood being taken, and see where it went (which I think is pretty cool, and definitely encourages me to continue donating.)

I guess they could take the approach CitizenBBN recommends, but to me that would be incomplete. Maybe I just liked it because it explained it in a way I could understand ... and usually, that's at a six-year old kinda level .

Visited with my 20-year old son last night. He had his first (Pfizer) Wednesday afternoon. He said he didn't have any effects, not even sore on the injection site. Then again, he's practicing and playing soccer 5 days a week and his body is used to being banged up (as a defender).

Next day I was lethargic and a bit weak
    Welcome to my 24/7 world...

General COVID vaccination thread

I got my second shot yesterday afternoon. I noticed pain in my shoulder (injection area) last night, so much so that it woke me up. I took a couple of Advil and went back to sleep. Woke up this morning feeling nauseas, it has actually gotten a bit worse through mid- morning.

I guess it’s vaccine related, I hope it passes soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I got my second shot yesterday afternoon. I noticed pain in my shoulder (injection area) last night, so much so that it woke me up. I took a couple of Advil and went back to sleep. Woke up this morning feeling nauseas, it has actually gotten a bit worse through mid- morning.

I guess it’s vaccine related, I hope it passes soon.

Sounds like it! You should be back to normal by later today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-29-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Sounds like it! You should be back to normal by later today or tomorrow.
    Maybe tomorrow, I’m still struggling. In fact now my fever has gone to 100.4, I’m experiencing every side effect that is listed on the hand out they gave me when I got my shot.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

hang in there.

I got it and had no effects. GF got it and 12 hours after 1st got chills, headache. Cleared up within 8-10 hours and fine, no effects on 2nd. One employee got Pfizer (so did we), no effects.

I tell that b/c my next employee got it Thursday. By 3am Friday was sick as a dog. Fever, migraine, throwing up, you name it. Was still headachy an generally blah on Sunday but worked. Woke up Monday and feels totally fine.

But no one I know has gone more than about 2 days with it, so hopefully you're about done.

Seems to me the vaccine is as random as the virus.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Well, I ain’t dead yet... but last night I felt like I was going to be. Still weak, nauseas, and headache all day today. Fever did break early this morning.

If your fever broke hopefully another day and you'll be OK. Took my guy about a day after the fever broke to be OK. Once he was he was right back to 100%, but he was sick as a dog until then.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Pfizer announces results of Phase III trial in 12-15 year olds.

In participants aged 12-15 years old, BNT162b2 demonstrated 100% efficacy [0 cases in vaccinated versus 18 in unvaccinated] and robust antibody responses, exceeding those reported in trial of vaccinated 16-25 year old participants in an earlier analysis, and was well tolerated

The companies plan to submit these data to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) as soon as possible to request expansion of the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) and EU Conditional Marketing Authorization for BNT162b2
    They are targeting approval for the summer, so that vaccination can start before the new school year. They also started their phase 1/2/3 trial in children 6mo to 11 years
    https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...esults-pivotal

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feeling a lot better today, just weak but I guess that can be expected having not taken more than 200 steps in the last 2 days

Just got my first Pfizer shot today, no problems yet. Next one in three weeks
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 03-31-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Got my first dose of the vaccine yesterday, Pfizer, and other than a little soreness in my arm last night, I am finer than frog hair split four ways today. Not even the normal soreness you experience with any kind of inoculation.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

News today on the Pfizer vaccine: found to have 91% efficacy 6 months after 2nd shot:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pfize...110722228.html
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

One and Done

Got first dose of Pfizer on 3/25. I had pretty substantial pain at the injection site about six hours later. That pain was entirely gone by the next day. Also, felt somewhat tired and lethargic for a few hours the next day and then nothing after that. I had previously tested positive for antibodies (at the end of February) so they said the first shot should be the worst for me. I hope that is the case.

Bombino

Glad to see everyone on here getting protected! As much as we bicker about things, I'd hate to lose any of y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    News today on the Pfizer vaccine: found to have 91% efficacy 6 months after 2nd shot:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pfize...110722228.html
    That is good news, my guess is the error bars around this overlap with the previous results. Even if not exactly, this current number includes all known variants.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 04-01-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Got mine yesterday (first dose) ...Moderna.... my skin has not blistered, no bleeding from any orifice, no seizures, or death. My arm is a bit sore, big deal. I'm just glad because now I don't need to wear a mask IF we listen to the science.
    Last edited by Doc; 04-01-2021 at 12:25 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

As bad as my reaction was after the 2nd dose, if I had to do it over I think I’d still get the shot. Being incapacitated and in extreme discomfort for 2/3 days has to be better than being dead for a lot longer.

My wife and I got our 2nd shots yesterday.

We both feel fine today outside of the small arm soreness.

The vast majority who develop symptoms do so the day after, right? I don't think I have had any friends, etc not get it Day 2 and then get it Day 3.
    ~Puma~

Got my first shot on Wednesday, but on Friday night as I was lying in bed, my shoulder started hurting badly. 3 Tylenol eventually resolved it and I slept all night, but I don't know if this was a leftover from the shot or if lying on that arm for a few minutes caused it (thought I did lie the same way Wednesday & Thursday nights.)

All is well today (Saturday.)

Bombino

Pfizer applied to expand the EUA coverage for their vaccines to include 12-15 year olds! I expect data review will take a couple weeks, followed by CDC-ACIP approval. From that point, Pfizer will be approved to be injected in 12 years and up. I think this is a reasonable time frame to add 12+ to the eligibility pools.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...12-15-n1263649

First shot today (Pfizer), 2nd shot will be May 1st.

Sunday will mark week two post 2nd shot, which means I will be fully vaccinated.

As bad as my 2nd shot reaction was, I’m glad I got vaccinated and will hopefully not experience that level of illness ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    First shot today (Pfizer), 2nd shot will be May 1st.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Wife had her 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday; woke up this morning with a fever but nothing bad. She and I drove 3 hours to a musical performance tonight and she "passed" the temperature gun test outside.

So...my immediate family (including in-laws and significant others):

Me--fully vaccinated Pfizer.
    Wife--11 more days until fully vaccinated Pfizer, but has both shots
    Oldest daughter--fully vaccinated Moderna
    Son-in-law--fully vaccinated Moderna
    Middle daughter--fully vaccinated Pfizer
    Oldest son--received 1st Pfizer shot last week; will receive 2nd in 2 weeks.
    Oldest son's "significant other" (is that the PC way of saying GF with whom he lives?)--received 2nd Pfizer shot this week.
    Youngest son--will receive 2nd Pfizer shot next week
    Youngest daughter--received 1st Pfizer shot this week; she has a ways to go. She scares me more than anyone right now. She's a social creature--watched her perform tonight, and despite performing through masks, social distancing, etc., I still saw hugs and huddles with friends afterwards. She has a pre-existing condition--not a horrible one, but I still worry.
    Mother-in-law and Father-in-law--fully vaccinated Pfizer. They both turn 90 years old next month.

So far my oldest daughter had the most significant reaction (Moderna, 2nd shot); she was sick for 24 hours. Wife was next, with the mild fever (Pfizer, 2nd shot) this morning. Nobody else had more than local pain in the area of the shot. We are thankful.

Bombino

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/13/...ng-issues.html

First bad news we have had about one of the FDA EUA vaccines.

The rate is very low (7 cases in 6 million doses) but the issue is not about the rate. It is about the fact that the standard treatment for blood clots (heparin) can potentially be fatal for those impacted by this issue. The fact that a doctors treatment can cause the death of the patient is what warrants this pause. CDC-ACIP meets this week and we should hear more from that. For the time being, most states will halt giving out J&J while they work out the details.

EDIT:

Ok a bit more nuance from a better article:

Asked if the government was overreacting to six cases out of more than 6 million vaccinations, Schuchat said recommendations will come quickly.

Because these unusual clots require special treatment, “it was of the utmost importance to us to get the word out,” she said.
    https://www.king5.com/article/news/h...7-0569a6956d02
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 04-13-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Wife had her 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday; woke up this morning with a fever but nothing bad. She and I drove 3 hours to a musical performance tonight and she "passed" the temperature gun test outside.

So...my immediate family (including in-laws and significant others):

Me--fully vaccinated Pfizer.
    Wife--11 more days until fully vaccinated Pfizer, but has both shots
    Oldest daughter--fully vaccinated Moderna
    Son-in-law--fully vaccinated Moderna
    Middle daughter--fully vaccinated Pfizer
    Oldest son--received 1st Pfizer shot last week; will receive 2nd in 2 weeks.
    Oldest son's "significant other" (is that the PC way of saying GF with whom he lives?)--received 2nd Pfizer shot this week.
    Youngest son--will receive 2nd Pfizer shot next week
    Youngest daughter--received 1st Pfizer shot this week; she has a ways to go. She scares me more than anyone right now. She's a social creature--watched her perform tonight, and despite performing through masks, social distancing, etc., I still saw hugs and huddles with friends afterwards. She has a pre-existing condition--not a horrible one, but I still worry.
    Mother-in-law and Father-in-law--fully vaccinated Pfizer. They both turn 90 years old next month.

So far my oldest daughter had the most significant reaction (Moderna, 2nd shot); she was sick for 24 hours. Wife was next, with the mild fever (Pfizer, 2nd shot) this morning. Nobody else had more than local pain in the area of the shot. We are thankful.
    I forget you have enough family to field a football team! Glad to see that everyone is getting their shots.

Grammy is getting her second dose of the Pfizer as we speak.
    Fingers crossed and will keep you posted.