Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: General COVID vaccination thread

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

So after playing with the state vaccine site for about 40 minutes I have an appointment booked with the Lawrence County Health Department in Louisa(!) a week from Friday.

Many of the places that were giving appointments to 1C were giving them only to the part of 1C that is >60. A few were taking other 1Cs' info but not booking appointments. That location was the only one I could find that (a) was taking all 1Cs and (b) actually had appointments you could book. I'm a little skeptical it's actually going to happen (especially since I used my Louisville address), but we'll see.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-28-2021 at 11:41 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Indiana announced 60 and overs turn last Monday. Mid morning I called the 211 number they have set up. I called they screen you by zip code then redirect. I was on hold for maybe 15 minutes, they originally told me 3/14, I said wow three weeks out, she said let me check other locations in your area and came back with one closer to my house for 3/7.

It’s a drive through at the hospitals old emergency entrance.

Easy peazy, and they were very helpful and easy to deal with. Fifteen minutes later I received a text with the link to pre-register, or you can arrive early and register on site. The registration was extremely easy to navigate through, filled by another text confirming appointment and registration.

Never thought I’d use the following words collectively in a working sentence, but it appears Indiana has their s&)t together on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, sounds like they are on the ball! Kudos to Indiana.

Washington State rolled out similar but they are calling you back with appointments instead of having you stay on the line. I think your interaction shows why Indiana's system is better.

General COVID vaccination thread

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Wow, sounds like they are on the ball! Kudos to Indiana.

Washington State rolled out similar but they are calling you back with appointments instead of having you stay on the line. I think your interaction shows why Indiana's system is better.
    I should qualify my statement with the area I live in. Southern Indiana and more specifically Floyd Co. I have heard the same kind of favorable stories from surrounding counties as well. Larger populated areas like in Indianapolis and farther north may not be experiencing the same kind of organized rollout.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

On the road in the morning for # 2. Hopefully there will be no glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Congrats, by next week you’ll be ten feet tall and bullet proof.

I’m still 6 days out for number 1.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Good luck to you. It took 24 hours for me to feel any side effects. They were all tolerable and gone by morning.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Good luck to you. It took 24 hours for me to feel any side effects. They were all tolerable and gone by morning.

Really hoping to not have many. I have an auction the next day. Not the best timing, but not much choice.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

26 hours after Pfizer #2 I have a tough 3 hour meeting I can't reschedule. Almost guaranteed I'll be one of the ones that will feel bad the next day lol.

26 hours after Pfizer #2 I have a tough 3 hour meeting I can't reschedule. Almost guaranteed I'll be one of the ones that will feel bad the next day lol.
    Not sure which of us is smarter. I get mine at 3pm saturday, at 1pm sunday I do a 6 hour auction. But bc of Covid it's online only so I talk to the internet but no in person crowd.

So I go longer, but less interaction. Maybe we should have thought this out better.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Not sure which of us is smarter. I get mine at 3pm saturday, at 1pm sunday I do a 6 hour auction. But bc of Covid it's online only so I talk to the internet but no in person crowd.

So I go longer, but less interaction. Maybe we should have thought this out better.
    Weak minds think alike!

Bombino

Weak minds think alike!
    Hah, good luck to the both of you!

Note: if you need to take NSAIDs, do not take them before the injection. Recent research indicates that ibuprofen, and to some degree tylenol, reduce the immune response.

Instead, try to wait at least 12h after injection to take them and obviously tylenol would be preferred.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-03-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Are you aware if any negative effects from Naproxen (Aleve)?

Thanks
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Are you aware if any negative effects from Naproxen (Aleve)?

Thanks
    I haven't seen any data with Naproxen specifically but it seems to be common to most NSAIDs. The impact is correlated mostly with taking before or at the time of injection, rather than after. In the end, if it is something you take every day, then talk with your doctor.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 03-03-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Nah, I don't like to take meds.

I was fine. Had my meeting this afternoon and fortunate it was only 2+ hours. I caught a break, but I was fine. No effects either time.

Our local health department and hospital in GA have been allowing anyone to take advantage of extras from missed appointments at the end of the day, roughly 4:00. I was able to get my first Pfizer shot Friday at the hospital and they have a fairly efficient set up in one of the parking lots. Drive in to tent 1 and they take your information and give you your number in line. They generally schedule 300 a day and have 5% or so no shows, or leftovers on average.

When they call your number you go to tent 1, get checked in and proceed to tent 2 for vaccination and scheduling of the second appointment. They actually have an app you can install for updates or to reschedule if need be. After that you move on to the tent 3 station area for a 15-20 minute observation period. If you’re good after that off you go.

I was glad to see the efficiency of the process and the fact that almost zero doses are going to waste now. I had no ill effects from the first one other than a sore shoulder for a day or so.

I used this site and was able to move up my appointment from the 12th in Louisa to this Saturday in Bowling Green:

https://vaccinefinder.org/
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Great link. Thanks for sharing. Mrs dan_bgblue has 2 sisters who are looking for opportunities and they are in Elkton KY. The map results indicates there are opportunities for them
    seeya
    dan

I’ve got two more days until my first shot. I’m thinking about crawling under the bed and not coming out until 1:45 pm Sunday afternoon.

Great link. Thanks for sharing. Mrs dan_bgblue has 2 sisters who are looking for opportunities and they are in Elkton KY. The map results indicates there are opportunities for them
    Thanks again BE. Both SILs used this app this afternoon and were accepted for vaccination next week in Hopkinsville.

They both said to tell you thanks a million.
    seeya
    dan

Hah, good luck to the both of you!

Note: if you need to take NSAIDs, do not take them before the injection. Recent research indicates that ibuprofen, and to some degree tylenol, reduce the immune response.

Instead, try to wait at least 12h after injection to take them and obviously tylenol would be preferred.

Good advice.

I doubt I'll have to take anything at all. I try hard not to, even basic NSAIDS, so I'll steer doubly clear of them for this.

The whole thing is crap, focused way too much on computers. I should be able to go to WalMart or Safeway and get the shots. This parceling out of shots is government nonsense.

PS i hate computers. Going to county health dept tomorrow and see if they will navigate their stupid website.

I’ve puzzled out that they ask for “intersection” or “location” instead of an address because they don’t want to offend me if I am homeless. We are so haplessly woke.
    Last edited by bigsky; 03-05-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks again BE. Both SILs used this app this afternoon and were accepted for vaccination next week in Hopkinsville.

They both said to tell you thanks a million.
    Glad it helped. I was getting discouraged trying to find a location somewhere I could get it, and that website really simplifies things.

I'm hoping the J&J vaccine is going to increase the available supply so much that we'll eventually just be able to drive up to a pharmacy and get it on demand, like the flu shot. Unfortunately, today is not that day and we have to do some sleuthing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I’ve puzzled out that they ask for “intersection” or “location” instead of an address because they don’t want to offend me if I am homeless. We are so haplessly woke.
    I don't know how the fringe Left got put in charge of this country, but I hope it was a short term lease and not a purchase deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I used this site and was able to move up my appointment from the 12th in Louisa to this Saturday in Bowling Green:

https://vaccinefinder.org/
    Thank you. Scheduled Monday in Belgrade five miles from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Thank you. Scheduled Monday in Belgrade five miles from my house.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

2nd shot this afternoon. So far feeling fine, and that third arm from the first one has proven handy anyway.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    2nd shot this afternoon. So far feeling fine, and that third arm from the first one has proven handy anyway.
    How was the following day? For me, outside of minor arm soreness, the adverse reactions didn't kick in until 24+ hours.

As for the third arm, currently loving it. I can finally type and drink coffee at the same time.

Received first shot yesterday, I didn’t notice anything until I rolled over on it last night while sleeping. It did wake me up, and it’s sore today, I’d compare it to the pneumonia shot soreness.

No weird side effects other than when I sneeze the microwave turns on.

Last edited by blueboss; 03-08-2021 at 04:52 PM.

How was the following day? For me, outside of minor arm soreness, the adverse reactions didn't kick in until 24+ hours.

As for the third arm, currently loving it. I can finally type and drink coffee at the same time.
    Arm is sore, mild headache came and went and still have it today, and felt a little generally "blah" on Sunday, but nothing major. Kind of like the very beginning of a cold or something, just a little run down. Feel fine now except very very mild headache coming and going.