Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Thanks for the link. I understand their point and I will stand down for the 2nd shot if KY says to do that, otherwise I will show up for the 2nd shot.
    Oh, definitely. There had been some discussion as to whether it was best to have a strategy where the US tries to get as many shots in as many arms ASAP and worry about 2nd doses later, or whether it was best to stick with the original strategy. The linked article seems to provide support for a 1-shot strategy.

But that would have to be decided at levels above us--and given how clunky the rollout has been, I don't know if they have it in them to make that change on the fly, even if they wanted to.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Did you register on the KY website? Vaccine.ky.gov

I signed up there before it would let my wife register me for the Kroger appointment.
    Thanks Dan--I've been looking at the Kroger website. I'll give that one a try.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

I would have preferred pfizer over moderna, but wasn’t willing to wait for an opportunity to obtain it. The need for the vaccine far out weighed any differences in the products.
    Real Fan since 1958

General COVID vaccination thread

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Apparently an Israeli peer-reviewed study shows the Pfizer vaccine has 85% efficacy after one dose.

https://twitter.com/FiringLineShow/s...62193574879232
    I'm not doing anything extraordinary for awhile but now almost two weeks after my first Pfizer dose, I am feeling pretty good about more normal activities.

I have an appt. Wednesday for my first dosing. i do have to drive to Lebanon, Ky. (64 miles) to take it but that's fine by me.
    Yay!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Fantastic, Kingcat! Now, drive safely there and back, please.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I would have preferred pfizer over moderna, but wasn’t willing to wait for an opportunity to obtain it. The need for the vaccine far out weighed any differences in the products.
    Absolutely.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I have an appt. Wednesday for my first dosing. i do have to drive to Lebanon, Ky. (64 miles) to take it but that's fine by me.
    Yay!
    Nothing wrong with Lebanon. Pick up a Country Ham while you are there. I have ancestors from there. Maybe you can stop at Club 68 or the Golden Horseshoe on yor way home!
    Real Fan since 1958

Thanks Dan--I've been looking at the Kroger website. I'll give that one a try.
    BEvans, I've been told that Kroger was taking 1C when I signed up and have since stopped and are only taking 1A and 1B again. I seriously just lucked out apparently.

Though it's very possible Dan is right and they are taking 1C ONLY if that day's appointments are not full. I do know they are releasing appointments for a day at a time, and maybe they give it so much time and if they aren't full it takes 1C, but I can't say for sure.

I got in through the regular Kroger website, searched for "Horse Park" as the pharmacy location, and got in a little after midnight one night. One of my staff got in about 5am the day before. But I have been told that now neither of us would get in.

Whole thing couldn't be more screwed up if they tried. All of the compassion and efficiency of the Department of Motor vehicles and yet people want them in charge of even more of our lives. Beats the hell out of me.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

^I answered all the questions and it told me I wasn't yet eligible and they'd email with updates. So looks like they've closed the 1C window, at least for now. I'm going to keep checking.

Looks like it. May have also been a glitch in their system that they fixed.

Mine asked a very minimum of questions, mostly age and weight iirc. From what I can tell different groups are even doing a different job deciding what group you are in, so it's totally hit and miss.

They've got this so messed up, and this was the easier part of it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Looks like it. May have also been a glitch in their system that they fixed.

Mine asked a very minimum of questions, mostly age and weight iirc. From what I can tell different groups are even doing a different job deciding what group you are in, so it's totally hit and miss.

They've got this so messed up, and this was the easier part of it.
    It sounds like KY has REALLY screwed things up. No state besides NM and oddly enough WV has done it very well.

Things here have gone from chaotic due to disorganization to chaotic due to the rapid rate of roll out. At this point Walgreens, Costco, Kroger, Safeway, dozens of local hospitals, dozens of mass vaccination sites, etc. are all online.

Throwing gasoline on the fire, we had a huge mess due to 90% of doses last week being delayed to this week (which meant hundreds of cancelled doses) and due to some places diverting second doses to use for first doses. This week should see those bottlenecks released and things will start moving much more rapidly and efficiently. It still isn't a great system but things are getting much better. Since yesterday, I have helped my wife get around 30-40 seniors scheduled for the first doses over then next few days.

I’m signed up for first shot 3/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Congrats! Good luck in the process.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Congrats! Good luck in the process.

Thanks! Given what’s going on within the household I can’t get it soon enough.

Wife does continue to improve, just hoping there isn’t a relapse.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Thanks! Given what’s going on within the household I can’t get it soon enough.

Wife does continue to improve, just hoping there isn’t a relapse.

Agreed! Your family has been through MORE than enough. The good news is that in just two to three weeks from the date of first injection, you will have a very solid amount of protection.

Congrats!!!!!!

On that note, I finally got my second dose today. I got it only 1.5h ago but I already feel a mild soreness in my arm. We will see if I get anything more over the next 24h.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Agreed! Your family has been through MORE than enough. The good news is that in just two to three weeks from the date of first injection, you will have a very solid amount of protection.

Congrats!!!!!!

On that note, I finally got my second dose today. I got it only 1.5h ago but I already feel a mild soreness in my arm. We will see if I get anything more over the next 24h.
    A little over three hours after my first dose and I have very mild muscle soreness at the vaccination site.
    Nothing more than notable at this point.

Did notice some taste bud increase so Donna and i stopped at a brick oven pizza parlor in Bardstown which was wonderful.
    "Bourbon Brick Oven Grill"
    Last edited by kingcat; 02-23-2021 at 06:20 PM.

A little over three hours after my first dose and I have very mild muscle soreness at the vaccination site.
    Good news.

Did notice some taste bud increase so Donna and i stopped at a brick oven pizza parlor in Bardstown which was wonderful.
    "Bourbon Brick Oven Grill"
    Sounds like a place for me and my bride the next time I get through Bardstown. Glad to hear you are not having any negative side effects...as a fat man I would welcome an enhanced taste...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Sounds like a place for me and my bride the next time I get through Bardstown. Glad to hear you are not having any negative side effects...as a fat man I would welcome an enhanced taste...
    It's also a fairly big tavern and they have entertainment on weekends I overheard.

Good garlic knots and great pizza imo. That much I can vouch for.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Good news.

I feel good about it, thanks. Now let's get yours, and get your wife completely healthy.

J&J vaccine trial info released today: results look good and only requires 1 shot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGott...63301196300293

20 M doses by the end of March if approved. Yes, please.

Bombino

J&J vaccine trial info released today: results look good and only requires 1 shot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGott...63301196300293

20 M doses by the end of March if approved. Yes, please.
    The news gets even better! Pfizer and Moderna are ramping up their capacity further! Based on the companies testimony to the House yesterday, they are planning on delivering more than 20 million doses/week (combined) by April.

Pfizer expects to start shipping 13 million doses per week by mid-March (up from 4-5 million per week). Similarly, Moderna is aiming to double their shipment volume by April from 20 million per month to more than 40 million doses per month. They anticipate being able to deliver 300 million doses EACH (so enough to vaccinate 300 million people) by the end of July. Note, these are deliveries JUST to the US government and don't include the amounts they are delivering to other countries. Add those in and it just becomes STAGGERING!

I don't think I can understate how absolutely incredible Herculean this whole process has been. From research to development to clinical trials to process transfer to manufacturing to scale-up every single step has been at a blistering pace. Even more stunning, all of this is on a product type which has never been manufactured at scale before. I don’t think it is hyperbole to compare this response to the Manhattan Project.

Just look at the timeline, it is absolutely stunning:
    • The first reports of an unknown virus in Nov. 2019
    • The full genome was published in late Dec 2019-early Jan 2020
    • Potential prototype constructs were developed and solidified by the end of Jan 2020
    • Phase 1/2 clinical trials began mid-March 2020
    • Phase 2/3 trials began in July 2020
    • Data was delivered at the end of November 2020 with FDA EUA approval mid/late-Dec 2020.
    • Both Pfizer and Moderna hit the ground running, shipping over 2 million doses of vaccines each per week starting in late Dec. 2020.
    • Both roughly doubled their capacity to 8 million doses combined per week combined by the end of Feb.
    • Now, they are anticipating shipping over 20 million combined per week by April.

All of this is being done while simultaneously developing the supply chains and processes needed to hit these scales. The lipids used for encapsulation have NEVER been produced at this scale in ANY format, same thing with manufacturing the mRNA, the lipid encapsulation process, precision bottle filling, etc. The teams of scientists, engineers, managers, etc. have been doing nothing short of a stunning job.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-24-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Fab Five

If only the CDC was performing as well as Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson& Johnson.
    Real Fan since 1958

Bombino

Definitely ramping up the doses here. A local mass vaccination site typically does 500-1000 doses per day on the weekend. They will do over 8500 this weekend! They are far from the only site either. This is the first weekend I have seen widespread easy availability.

So I've gone to the Walgreens and Kroger sites and struck out because I'm 1C. Signed up through UK but no email back from then on when/if I can get stuck.

Saw someone post a link to vaccinetracker.org and how you can find where vaccine is available and schedule an appointment. Works great--until you click on the link for the provider, they walk you through the questions and if you're group 1C, you're out. So places that have vaccine available still won't give it to you unless you fit in one of their groups.

I work on a military post and my supervisor said the post vaccination clinic was doing walk-ins daily to use up the daily vaccinations left over at the end of the day. Spent 2 afternoons finding it (because apparently giving out the address is too much to ask), found it on day 2 but it was closed. Showed up the 3rd afternoon and a medic told me they are not, in fact, doing open walk-ins. If they have extra doses they call units who already have lists based on--you guessed it--group 1A or 1B. No group 1C. (The medic did refer me to vaccinetracker.org. Thanks, Sergeant.)

So 1c opens tonight at midnight. I plan on logging on and seeing if they're permitting scheduling at that point.

Saw a news report this morning that the Louisville sites have opened up registration for 1C, but the 1A and 1B categories still get priority when making appointments.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

And my daughter says my sister was completely wrong. Locate your district health dept. FB page and they will post info at or just before 9 AM

IMG_5307.jpg

Indiana announced 60 and overs turn last Monday. Mid morning I called the 211 number they have set up. I called they screen you by zip code then redirect. I was on hold for maybe 15 minutes, they originally told me 3/14, I said wow three weeks out, she said let me check other locations in your area and came back with one closer to my house for 3/7.

It’s a drive through at the hospitals old emergency entrance.

Easy peazy, and they were very helpful and easy to deal with. Fifteen minutes later I received a text with the link to pre-register, or you can arrive early and register on site. The registration was extremely easy to navigate through, filled by another text confirming appointment and registration.

Never thought I’d use the following words collectively in a working sentence, but it appears Indiana has their s&)t together on this one.