Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

Oh, and what location? Horse Park?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

She signe3d herself up around noon and then signed me up around 3:30
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I have an appointment scheduled 75 miles from me for April 16 . I am hoping to get that moved up somewhere closer, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Oh, and what location? Horse Park?
    The old Sears display room at Greenwood Mall in Bowling Green
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    The old Sears display room at Greenwood Mall in Bowling Green
    Just curious, did you get a confirmation email when you did it? I got "signed up" at the Horse Park but no confirmation email. I'm betting I got rejected and that's how they are handling them.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I’m wondering the same thing. I signed up for an 11:45 slot next Saturday in Covington thru Kroger. When I got done everything looked fine and it said I would be getting an email. Nothing yet and there was some fine print that those over 70 would get priority (as they should). I’m just wondering if they send a confirmation email when/if you get bumped or if I should just assume I got bumped if I get no email at all. Guess I’ll keep checking but I’m not driving 100 miles unless I get a confirmation.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I’m wondering the same thing. I signed up for an 11:45 slot next Saturday in Covington thru Kroger. When I got done everything looked fine and it said I would be getting an email. Nothing yet and there was some fine print that those over 70 would get priority (as they should). I’m just wondering if they send a confirmation email when/if you get bumped or if I should just assume I got bumped if I get no email at all. Guess I’ll keep checking but I’m not driving 100 miles unless I get a confirmation.
    Exactly my situation too. They have a number to call, I'm going to call this next week to try to confirm it.

I'm assuming they would send a rejection email prior to the appointment if it were cancelled/refused or they're going to have a lot of people showing up they don't want showing up. So hopefully we're both good, and of of my managers and her BF are in the same boat as well. Of course we could get a rejection email the day before, no way to know.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I have an appointment scheduled 75 miles from me for April 16 . I am hoping to get that moved up somewhere closer, too.
    Have you tried registering in Bibb Co? They don't seem to have much demand. I'm hoping Walgreen's or other pharmacies relieve some of the bottleneck.
    Real Fan since 1958

We have not received any appointment confirmation either.
    seeya
    dan

Odd that 64 year old heart attack patients are not considered a priority. But I can at least wait a day or two more before registering I guess.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

General COVID vaccination thread

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Odd that 64 year old heart attack patients are not considered a priority. But I can at least wait a day or two more before registering I guess.
    One might think someone with advanced stages of COPD no matter what age might be a priority too, but it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    They don't have any real priority other than age IMO.

This system as I said is completely FUBARed. Or SNAFU if you prefer. Or ClusterF***.

This should have already been sorted out months ago, and would have been relatively easy to do. Well not easy, state databases are horribly antiquated as are federal files, but still doable since we had nearly a YEAR to get it done.

From what I can tell there's no real connection to doctors so people can be put in front of the line, so they are going on very basic information. The only thing they can really verify easily is age, from a driver's license when you show up, so that's what they are using.

The question is if this Kroger thing is really signing people up or not, b/c to this point I don't know a single person who has gotten confirmation email as described. I also don't know anyone over 70 who has signed up, and that's the $64 question.

Bombino

FYI the Kroger COVID vaccine email system is VERY glitchy. I think it just wasn't designed to handle the sheer volume of emails across all of the Kroger subsidiaries.

The same issues wrt not getting the email is occurring out here as well. We have two aKroger subsidiaries out here: QFC and Fred Meyer(the source of the Kroger Marketplace concept)
    A number of people have complained that they didn't get the email for appointments scheduled at these stores. So far though, everyone who got to the confirmation screen has had a valid appointment. Call the pharmacy if you want to confirm.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-06-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks Pedro, that's great news. I was going to call this week to confirm, there was a number on the confirmation screen to call.

Horse Park is giving the Pfizer vaccine, which I would prefer. Hopefully for all of us we all have valid appointments. At this point they just need to stick people as fast as possible.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Horse Park is giving the Pfizer vaccine, which I would prefer. Hopefully for all of us we all have valid appointments. At this point they just need to stick people as fast as possible.
    I've been following the post EUA data and there pretty much isn't any difference between the two vaccines when it comes to efficacy or side effects. Which makes sense considering they are so similar in ingredients. Honestly, any perceived differences between the two vaccines likely comes down to statistical noise, batch to batch variation, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    I've been following the post EUA data and there pretty much isn't any difference between the two vaccines when it comes to efficacy or side effects. Which makes sense considering they are so similar in ingredients. Honestly, any perceived differences between the two vaccines likely comes down to statistical noise, batch to batch variation, etc.

Good to hear. A doctor at the VA where my GF got vaccinated had a preference for the Pfizer vaccine, which I think was tied to this new African strain, but I trust your insights more than a general physician who isn't really close to the details of their development.

But my GF got Pfizer, VA is doing both but only one per facility of course, so at least we're in the same boat. If we both grow a third arm at least we'll match. Seriously, I saw this on the internets, so I know it could happen. I only hope that bridge deal I'm closing on next week with the Nigerian prince gets done before I get any side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Have you tried registering in Bibb Co? They don't seem to have much demand. I'm hoping Walgreen's or other pharmacies relieve some of the bottleneck.
    I'll try to call them Monday. On the online scheduling that ADPH provides, you can "select" Bibb County, then answer the questions, then when the locations pop up, it goes from Barbour County to Butler County and Bibb County is not shown. Maybe it's a glitch in the system, or they are only taking telephone appointments.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have also registered for the UAB one (UAB Highlands/Hoover Met or Parker High School beginning Thursday) but it only tells you that they'll call you back after they go through the screening process.

I'll take any of them and either vaccine available now, but Bibb County would be a big improvement over Wetumpka mid-April.

I am hoping with you that the bottleneck will be relieved with Walgreens or CVS or Walmart or something soon. I have a feeling that when something like that happens, it will help immensely.

Fab Five

Sounds like the on-line system is in overload. I registered on-line, gave basic info, and completed the appointment in about 2 minutes. They texted a confirmation right away. I registered with UAB. No confirmation. Don’t call us. We’ll call you.
    Real Fan since 1958

Don’t call us. We’ll call you.
    lol, a lot of that going around with every vaccination avenue.

Fab Five

I know folks here in my neighborhood that stay on the phone all day trying to make an appointment, who have become obsessed with the whole process. It's sad really. I do believe every public official in Alabama has used their position and influence to get shots for themselves and their families. They should all be ok.
    Real Fan since 1958

I was listening to an interesting podcast yesterday with former FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb. He said we had record flu vaccinations this season: 123 million. He thinks that's probably a good ceiling for what we can expect as far as Covid vaccination, and we'll probably have a demand problem instead of a supply problem by early summer. As bad as the last mile problem is now, he believes we should be thinking about how to stimulate demand because that will be the issue in due course.

He has more on the numbers here:

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/...09904340500480

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns that quickly.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-07-2021 at 08:34 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I guess I've been lucky. No vaccinations, and I seldom wear a mask.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I guess I've been lucky. No vaccinations, and I seldom wear a mask.
    For damn sure I wouldn't recommend this. Put on a mask.

For damn sure I wouldn't recommend this. Put on a mask.
    I'm home mostly, and my youngest daughter makes me wear one when I take her shopping.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I'm home mostly, and my youngest daughter makes me wear one when I take her shopping.
    Oh, of course. Same. I'm home mostly too, so I guess I don't wear a mask too often right now either. About the only dang thing I've been happy about having Zoom videoconferences from home lol.

Sounds like the on-line system is in overload. I registered on-line, gave basic info, and completed the appointment in about 2 minutes. They texted a confirmation right away. I registered with UAB. No confirmation. Don’t call us. We’ll call you.
    I think you got in timely. I waited too long. This morning there are only 8 counties left taking online appointments, all in May. Most of the ones I saw Friday morning are gone--I had a bunch of choices then. Elmore County is gone, which is where I signed up. Called Bibb County this morning directly, and they said they are not taking appointments now.

My mid-April appointment will have to do, unless a supply comes in for UAB where the "don't call us, we'll call you" system might come into play.

Last minute opportunity arose. Sitting in Auburn, 100 miles from home. Just received Pfizer #1.

Congrats Darrell!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Bombino

Last minute opportunity arose. Sitting in Auburn, 100 miles from home. Just received Pfizer #1.
    Congrats! Time to start planning how to get your second dose unless you want to drive back to Auburn.

They just cancelled Thursday here for Kroger/Horse Park so one of my staff is SOL (due to the ice), and they are now saying they will no longer accept 1C there, so not sure if they will honor the appointment and reschedule or not.

She's about emotionally done with this. She has a lot of high risk issues in her family, has been insanely safe, has a real need to get vaccinated, and there is not a single system anywhere that takes any of that into account in any way.

I'm still supposedly scheduled for Saturday, but who knows.

I hate government. I once dismissed anarcho-capitalism, but I'm reconsidering.