Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: General COVID vaccination thread

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

Fauci has a lot of dubious, lying friends in the medical and the research jobs with high salaries, who were well trained to lie.

US scientists who downplayed COVID-19 lab leak origins theory sang a different tune in private, emails show

U.S. scientists who publicly attributed the COVID-19 pandemic to natural origins rather than human engineering were far less confident in private, transcripts and notes from previous meetings show.

However, conversations between public officials seem to indicate that some experts may have consciously chosen to suppress evidence that could fuel "conspiracists."

"I really can't think of a plausible natural scenario where you get from the bat virus ... to nCoV where you insert exactly four amino acids 12 nucleotide that all have to be added at the exact same time to gain this function," Dr. Robert Garry from Tulane's School of Medicine said, according to notes from a February 2020 meeting released by House Republicans.

Linkage
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 01-28-2022 at 07:52 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fab Five

I believe the Junior Senator from Kentucky has Faucci pretty well figured. It's like the Senator was reading these emails months ago.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

General COVID vaccination thread

Omicron 2.0 is apparently on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Omicron 2.0 is apparently on the way.

Thank goodness. My Omicron 1.0 got dropped and the screen cracked. Was looking to upgrade.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Yeah, I read that the Omicron 2.A didn't last and experts recommend to stick with the Delta.
    seeya
    dan

Sister in law somewhat better after a rough few days. Seems it won’t let go of her.

My Father in law Bill has more severe symptoms now and is pretty short of breath with a bad cough. Said he would visit his doctor today. Prayers appreciated.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

seeya
    dan

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Sister in law somewhat better after a rough few days. Seems it won’t let go of her.

My Father in law Bill has more severe symptoms now and is pretty short of breath with a bad cough. Said he would visit his doctor today. Prayers appreciated.
    Hope your family is doing well Kingcat.

While it could, it is far more likely that the next one will come from bats again. Close proximity doesn't guarantee an easy cross-over. For whatever reason, bats seem to harbor the most likely novel coronaviruses to infect us. That being said, it could be that we have studied bats more than other reservoirs and as such know more about these viruses in them.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-04-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We are saying goodbye to one of the finest men you could ever know. We are at the hospital here my wife’s Daddy is now saying his goodbyes to us all. He is able to smile, talk, and even laugh a bit as he leaves instructions and says goodbye. They will take him off the maximum oxygen they could give at his request when he is ready. They have already started easing his pain and will increase it when he says to.

We really need some prayers to help us show the strength and resolve he has. He took the antibody infusion a couple of days ago but it was a little late it seems. He refused intubation and said he was ready to go. At nearly 91 he worked as recently as a few days ago replacing his toilet.

We should all strive to be as God fearing man as Bill Strong.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Thinking of him and all your family Kingcat.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

God bless you and your family King, and God’s speed with Mr Strong.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

God Love you all, Kingcat and you all are in my prayers on a daily basis, brother.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Bill passed this morning at around 5 AM at nearly 91 years of age. Yesterday evening he got to see and talk to nearly the whole (large) family as five at a time were allowed to visit, believe it or not.
    And video called with his many great grandchildren off an on during the day.
    Left this world as he lived it, Pre-organized and arranged and as Godly as things could possibly be. Even his death.

He was a Navy man by the way. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Another tough one.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Bill passed this morning at around 5 AM at nearly 91 years of age. Yesterday evening he got to see and talk to nearly the whole (large) family as five at a time were allowed to visit, believe it or not.
    And video called with his many great grandchildren off an on during the day.
    Left this world as he lived it, Pre-organized and arranged and as Godly as things could possibly be. Even his death.

He was a Navy man by the way. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Another tough one.
    Damn, sounds like we lost a good one. My prayers go out to you and your family in this time of difficulty. May the light he shone continue to shine on in this world through the family and friends he touched.

Bombino

A bit more about Ivermectin. I was reading some reports and letters recently and the scientific community are starting to put together a picture on how the myth came to be.

First came studies in cell culture which showed Ivermectin can neutralize the virus. These studies were done at Ivermectin concentrations which were typical 10-10000x the fatal dose in humans. This isn't super uncommon because dosages in cell cultures often don't translate well to in vivo, they tend to be close but not always.

These were followed by a number of the smaller initial studies which showed a benefit. These studies do appear to be legit and were not fraudulent in any way but were extremely small and not well controlled (nor intended to be). To be clear, all of the big studies which showed a benefit appear to have questionable or outright fraudulent but a number of smaller ones don't have any signs of malfeasance. Since then, all major studies which have been done properly (heavily blinded, fully randomized, and done with the proper controls) have shown no benefit of Ivermectin.

So how or why did these initial small studies show a benefit; was it is a statistical fluke or was something else going on? Retrospectively, one thing essentially all of these initial smaller studies which showed promise had in common, the studies were done in areas in which the local populations have endemic parasitic infections. Ivermectin being anti-parasitic, it makes sense then, could improve outcomes in populations with rampant parasitic infections. This is especially true when you consider one critical factor: the first round treatment for COVID is steroids. Placing someone with an active parasitic infection on steroids dramatically increases the likelihood that the parasitic infection will kill them. As such, incorporating an anti-parasitic could theoretically improve outcomes in these patients.

So long story short, Ivermectin can help COVID outcomes if and only if you have an active parasitic infection.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-07-2022 at 11:01 AM.

PEDRO REPORTS YOU NEED TO INGEST PARASITES TO HELP CURE YOUR COVID!!!!

Just practicing for my career in journalism.

(seriously, don't do that. other than gummy worms)
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    PEDRO REPORTS YOU NEED TO INGEST PARASITES TO HELP CURE YOUR COVID!!!!

Just practicing for my career in journalism.

(seriously, don't do that. other than gummy worms)
    Great, I just created the next weird COVID cure going around in the antivax circles. I swear, I thought I sufficiently cynical view of people and some of the stuff that has come around during COVID stunned even me.

The number of posts I have seen extolling urine therapy over the past couple months in some of the redder circles* I am involved in were STUNNING. These weren't tongue-in-cheek posts either, these were legitimate people who were legitimately evangelizing drinking your own pee. They were the same people who were the most vocal touting hydroxychloroquine, zinc/vitamin C, MMS (Miracle Mineral Solution aka industrial bleach), etc. instead of getting the vaccine.

*To be fair, anti-vaxxers aren't limited to the right wing. A few of the more "crunchy"-set people I know are also staunchly antivax but so far the one's I have encountered have limited their crazy to "natural medicine" like elderberry syrup, zinc, vitamin C, and claiming people need more sunshine/clean water.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-08-2022 at 11:43 AM.

I do understand that Vitamin D is a good idea, which I need to do. At least that was in the early reports that it could help reduce symptoms.

Of course no vitamin will cure you or innoculate you, so if they're doing that instead of a vaccine that's a big problem, but wouldn't hurt to do it With a vaccine, which I am remiss about doing.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I do understand that Vitamin D is a good idea, which I need to do. At least that was in the early reports that it could help reduce symptoms.

Of course no vitamin will cure you or innoculate you, so if they're doing that instead of a vaccine that's a big problem, but wouldn't hurt to do it With a vaccine, which I am remiss about doing.
    Totally agree with that, these kinds of things (not the urine drinking/HCQ/Ivermectin but the vitamin taking) are things that you do 'on top of' not 'in lieu of'. I take a regular Calcium/VitD supplement and my serological VitD levels were in good shape at my last physical. That's pretty surprising considering we get almost no sun this time of year.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-09-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Risky gain of function research is mired in secrecy after the coronavirus pandemic

Shortly after the coronavirus outbreak, influential leaders in the science community huddled to say the deadly virus most likely originated naturally from an animal transfer to humans.

New reporting from Fox News' "Special Report" showed there was an effort by Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, then-National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins, and other scientists to not mention the possibility of the virus originating in a lab. The consensus was reached on a call in early 2020 that the lab leak theory should be left out of an early paper on COVID-19 origins because it will add "fuel to the conspiracists."

In other words, lie to the ignorant, unwashed masses, as they are too stupid to hear the real facts and make a reasoned decision on their own, and it is very important to not piss of the Chinese

Two years later, there is no definitive proof that the virus started in nature or that it leaked from a lab. But the theory that the virus originated at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which studies coronaviruses, is no longer shunned as a conspiracy and is gaining more traction among scientific communities calling for further inquiry.

FOX NEWS SPECIAL REPORT OUTLINES FRESH QUESTIONS ON WHAT FAUCI, GOVERNMENT KNEW ABOUT COVID ORIGIN

Fox News talked to several scientists and investigators who have studied COVID-19 origins, and here are some reasons – science-based and circumstantial – why they believe the evidence points to the global pandemic originating from a Wuhan lab, possibly from a researcher accidentally getting infected during an experiment with coronaviruses and spreading it into the community.

"When you evaluate the two theories, it is so overwhelmingly in favor of the lab leak that everything else is just incidental evidence about the details of what happened," said Richard Muller, emeritus professor of physics at the University of California Berkeley, who has been a strong advocate for the lab-leak theory.
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Risky gain of function research is mired in secrecy after the coronavirus pandemic

Shortly after the coronavirus outbreak, influential leaders in the science community huddled to say the deadly virus most likely originated naturally from an animal transfer to humans.

New reporting from Fox News' "Special Report" showed there was an effort by Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, then-National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins, and other scientists to not mention the possibility of the virus originating in a lab. The consensus was reached on a call in early 2020 that the lab leak theory should be left out of an early paper on COVID-19 origins because it will add "fuel to the conspiracists."

In other words, lie to the ignorant, unwashed masses, as they are too stupid to hear the real facts and make a reasoned decision on their own, and it is very important to not piss of the Chinese

Two years later, there is no definitive proof that the virus started in nature or that it leaked from a lab. But the theory that the virus originated at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which studies coronaviruses, is no longer shunned as a conspiracy and is gaining more traction among scientific communities calling for further inquiry.

FOX NEWS SPECIAL REPORT OUTLINES FRESH QUESTIONS ON WHAT FAUCI, GOVERNMENT KNEW ABOUT COVID ORIGIN

Fox News talked to several scientists and investigators who have studied COVID-19 origins, and here are some reasons – science-based and circumstantial – why they believe the evidence points to the global pandemic originating from a Wuhan lab, possibly from a researcher accidentally getting infected during an experiment with coronaviruses and spreading it into the community.

"When you evaluate the two theories, it is so overwhelmingly in favor of the lab leak that everything else is just incidental evidence about the details of what happened," said Richard Muller, emeritus professor of physics at the University of California Berkeley, who has been a strong advocate for the lab-leak theory.
    For the life of me, I can't figure out why Fox News keeps pushing this lab created virus story. The virus has NONE of the hallmarks of genetic engineering or gain of function research. Literally zero. These kinds of manipulations impact the genetic code and physical structure in very distinct ways. Without those, everything else is just narrative fitting, starting with a story and trying to a spin things to fit your narrative, rather than a focus on the truth. It's like calling a car an airplane because it has wheels, a motor, and can go airborne if you push it off a cliff and ignoring the lack of lift producing wings, a means to move air, or any true capability of flight.

Walking through their points:

1. Not finding something in nature is not the same thing as it not existing in nature. It just means we just haven't found samples from the right host reservoir yet.

2. The earliest documented case of the original strain goes back to November 17th, 2019. It is very likely there were isolated minor cases going back to October. Again, lack of samples doesn't mean lack of existence.

3. This is a total fabrication. Nothing about the furin cleavage site or the genetic pattern is unique. The issue was, at the start of the pandemic, very few people bothered to specifically look for those and so a few took that as it's novel. Turns out they are both very common even within betacoronidae.

4. The virus actually wasnt that well adapted to cause a pandemic. Modelling studies using after the fact data have shown that 2 out of 3 times, the pandemic would have fizzled out. That being said, even if it appeared almost fully capable, this isn't unexpected. RNA viruses are very prone to recombination events and translational slips. Any of these events could, by chance, result in a virus with a sufficiently adapted structure. We have seen this in the past with other RNA viruses. As for it being well adapted, it clearly wasn't THAT well adapted. What do you think all these variants are? They are the virus refining the itself. Hell even the original A variant was rapidly replaced by a new variant while it was still in China. That's why all the variant IDs start with the letter B.

5. Again, gain of function research leaves fingerprints on the virus. That's an unavoidable physical fact.

6. There are a multitude of possible reasons that China could be shady. I actually think that it is far more likely that they isolated this virus from nature and lax safety practices resulted in a release. Even this doesn't fit the fact that after-the-fact sequencing of samples show that the virus was suddenly wide spread through the region (this strongly supports a natural source). Alternately, the lab discovered this virus in a natural host (say the state owned fur farms in the state).

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

The only thing that I am smart enough to understand in the last few posts, is that I am least smart enough to not drink my own piss.

Rupp's Runt

Serious note. My brother got boosted on Friday and has developed a large knot between this chest and arm pit. I told him to call his doctor tomorrow if it still there and sore.

Pedro, I have no idea if the virus is a result of gain of function. Based on trusting you I assume it is not. I'm satisfied with that.

However, I am solidly convinced it came from that lab. The odds of it having naturally crossed over from a wet market that happens to be a baseball throw from a lab testing and experimenting on those viruses is just next to zero. Esp. when we know for a fact that lab was sub-standard, which was the main justification for getting US grant money in the first place.

What's significant about the gain of function research is this:

1) it's further confirmation that research on these viruses was being done there, and we know the lab was sub-standard per State Department reports. Whether it was gain of function or not really isn't relevant. The NIH and US government was funding research in China, for reasons that baffle me utterly given the are not some destitute countr, and that country's poor procedures unleashed this on the world.

2) The NIH and other officials blatantly lied to both Congress and the American people. Fauci knew there was gain of function research being funded, and whether that was the bug that got out or not he lied about it. He should be in jail for lying under oath, his fat retirement and salary gone.

We continue to tolerate lying, obfuscation and outright corruption at the highest levels of our government, and then wonder why we have such bad government.

I get that it's misleading to sell this virus as the result of building a super-bug or a biological weapon, but it is NOT at all misleading to conclude this disaster is the result of poor procedures in a chinese lab and that US and other officials were complicit in covering it up because of their fear of their decisions to fund the lab, including funding gain of function research.

so the facts of the case are deeply significant, even though I agree the media is distorting them on both sides. One dismissing it as a non-story, the other missing the point and over selling it as something it isn't.

Information that US scientists and Wuhan Chi-Coms in Cahoots Revealed

In October 2017 – when most Americans never heard the word coronavirus, and SARS was, if anything, a distant memory – the U.S. government was planning joint research projects with China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology.

That’s when Gray Handley, associate director of the National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases, forwarded the information to colleagues that said, "China’s Interest in the Global Virome Project Presents an Opportunity for Global Health Cooperation."

"U.S.-China collaboration on the Global Virome Project is an opportunity to lead innovation in science, collaborate with China, and potentially contribute to scientific breakthroughs," said the summary of the Global Virome Project in the email that was part of 92 pages obtained by the conservative group Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit with the National Institutes of Health.

The documents show that cooperation would include efforts in the coming years, such as U.S. government scientists providing training for Wuhan lab scientists in 2018. A key selling point was such a partnership would mean "pandemic preparedness" and "enable rapid detection" of viruses to prevent outbreaks. But by January 2020, U.S. health officials noted the Chinese government wasn’t being forthcoming about an outbreak, reluctant to say if it was related to the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).

The 2019 novel coronavirus, better known as COVID-19, is also known as SARS-CoV-2.
    seeya
    dan

Things that make you go hhmm^^

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I got it… a co worker tested + on Thursday. I got all sneezy and congested last night, took a home test and it came up +… did a retest, same +.

So far this thing is like a head cold, congestion and fatigue.

Good luck with it, hope it passes quickly.

I was sick all week with a flu/cold thing, but tests were negative for Covid. Ran through my office, multiple of us got tested, all negatives. Guess I'm old school, get sick with the old school viruses. lol.

You were vaccinated I recall? It seems with the vaccination you generally get a nasty cold out of it, which of course is the goal of the vaccine.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 05-21-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So far this thing is like a head cold, congestion and fatigue.
    Keep moving and stay active if you can!

Active and moving is a challenge at this point…. I took the garbage out and had to rest on the way back, and it isn’t that far.

Right now, I’m going in ebbs and flows with Benadryl and Tylenol. I feel decent for a while then they wear off and I feel yucky again.