Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: General COVID vaccination thread

Re: General COVID vaccination thread

Prayers for him blueboss...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Today's news predicted in yesterday's post: all our AZ is going overseas.

General COVID vaccination thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Prayers for him blueboss...
    Thanks!! Mrs boss took him a couple of over the counter nausea meds. Hope at least he can get relief from the nausea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Now “wasted doses” are a thing. I’d guess big events are done in Gallatin county with 52% having had one at least one shot and prople not showing up for thawed out doses.

60+/- seems a likely ceiling of willing percentage.

Cincinnati had an open vaccination event this past weekend in Paul Brown stadium - 5,000 doses available, only 1,000 taken

Make it required for getting the stimulus money and the bonus unemployment money. that would fix it. it's not like they aren't just sitting at home doing nothing right now. They can get there and get a shot.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    My stepson got his 2nd yesterday and is down with nausea, chills, aches, and fever.

Ditto for a co-worker who get her 2nd shot yesterday--had to go home early.

This is someone whose spouse and 1 child both got Covid, but she never did. Took getting the 2nd shot to get sick (albeit temporarily).
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 04-29-2021 at 08:04 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I feel like Vincent Smith after he met Jadaveon Clowney, but still am at work.
    Hey, Gog give me the opportunity to see another day and I am fever free; just feels like I am going through a whole-body frog.
    Hopefully this will pass fairly uneventfully...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    I feel like Vincent Smith after he met Jadaveon Clowney, but still am at work.
    Hey, Gog give me the opportunity to see another day and I am fever free; just feels like I am going through a whole-body frog.
    Hopefully this will pass fairly uneventfully...
    Passed around mid-day.
    Day two and I feel fine; not even sore at the injection site...

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Make it required for getting the stimulus money and the bonus unemployment money. that would fix it. it's not like they aren't just sitting at home doing nothing right now. They can get there and get a shot.
    This times 10. They do not realize that they never had the measles, mumps, chicken pox, rubella, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, and tuberculosis, because their parents were REQUIRED to have them vaccinated before they could attend their first day of public school.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I am not sure what to think of this. If what I read is true, then it is damn disturbing. I am hoping to find other info that can be used to refute what I read, or at worst find information that supports this article.

Multiple variants of Covid19 and the race to find a universal vaccine to treat them all.
    seeya
    dan

Dan, I view it as promising, rather than disturbing.

I think we know that there are variations already, and viruses tend to mutate (the flu is damn near impossible to predict year to year). To think of a single vaccine that could wipe out all variations permanently is a panacea.

(I didn't read the whole article, so if I said something stupid, just slap me and tell me to go back to lurking.)

Some group home back east, all vaccinated, all came down with it. I could not find it but an RN told me the story as I was getting ready to render my vaccine utterly useless.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Some group home back east, all vaccinated, all came down with it. I could not find it but an RN told me the story as I was getting ready to render my vaccine utterly useless.
    This is a false story. It is a variant on a similar false story that came out a few months ago stating that the vaccine gave a bunch of people COVID. Even the number dead is the same!

I keep an eye pretty closely on breakthrough rates and anything which indicates a variant is actually breaking through the vaccine in any substantial capacity and so far we have not seen ANY indication of this.

I will tell her. She and duke girl were exposed last weekend so we are quarantined apart because of this rumor. We are all vaccinated. But I am reading that certain drugs render vaccines useless due to their targeting (a certain type of blood cell critical to the immune system).(b lymphocytes) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32591357/
    Last edited by bigsky; 04-29-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Albertsons/Safeway stores have availability in Bozeman, Belgrade, Whitefish, Kalispell, Polson, Missoula, Butte, Helena, Great Falls, Billings, Miles City, Glendive, Lewistown, Cut Bank, Hamilton, Deer Lodge and Dillon. (In other words every store in the state has vaccine.) The vaccine shortage is over, and the people willing to be vaccinated shortage has begun. Now the authoritarians will want passports and punishments.

I think that CBBN had the right idea that if the citizen was drawing any stimulus money they had to be vaccinated to get it, but I would extend that to those covered by medicaid and or medicare, and anyone with obamacare benefits.
    seeya
    dan

I would not do any of that. Your body, your choice, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    This times 10. They do not realize that they never had the measles, mumps, chicken pox, rubella, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, and tuberculosis, because their parents were REQUIRED to have them vaccinated before they could attend their first day of public school.
    Anybody recall the sugar cube vaccine. Not sure which vax it was but I recall it as a child.

Got my second today. No big deal. Went to work after.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Get my 2nd of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Anybody recall the sugar cube vaccine. Not sure which vax it was but I recall it as a child.

I remember the sugar cubes in the 70’s but they weren’t dosing a vaccine.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Definitely. A famous Kentucky boy had a big hand in it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I would not do any of that. Your body, your choice, as it were.
    The problem being that in this case there is a definite externality for someone getting Covid. They pass it on to others.

I'm a very Libertarian guy, but you can't dump waste oil on your property if there is any risk of it contaminating my property. This is much the same problem. You get covid and go around sneezing on people who don't really want covid, you are now infringing on their rights.

With waste oil we don't wait until adjoining property or downstream water is contaiminated and then take action b/c by then it's too late in many cases. Instead we regulate that private property cannot be used for such purpose without oversight, to avoid such contamination.

Same thing here.

Now, I'm not 100% OK with that direction, and I see it as ripe for all kinds of abuses, many of which we have seen ongoing during this pandemic. But I'm no fan of spreading the virus either.

the standard set with other vaccines, as Dan said, is that you cannot go to public school without them. I would think we can find some line there that helps prevent spread and encourages vaccination without going Chinese/Michigan Governor on us all.

But probably not. I'm ready to embrace the Chinese model of Fascism with a Leftist Coastal twist. Heavy use of social media, cameras and AI, but with more hypocrisy than Chinese Communists.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Polio, and we did not have a choice if we wanted to go to school.
    seeya
    dan

Polio, and we did not have a choice if we wanted to go to school.
    For me it is the carrot on the stick; I am nowgoing on being fully vaccinated and I get the opportunity to meet my newest, and only, great-granddaughter. Any thing that I or my lovely bride have gone through, or any discomfort we may have experienced, or any inconvenience will be well worth it when we get to hold that precious little thing in our arms and say, "Hello, Rosalia. I am your Pappy. I am here to spoil you silly; get used to it." will be more than worth it all. Miami, here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    My stepson got his 2nd yesterday and is down with nausea, chills, aches, and fever.

Update:

My step-son was only down for about a day and a half. Thanks for the prayers! I’m telling you all, this board has some juju with the Big Guy.

Last edited by blueboss; 05-04-2021 at 07:42 PM.

I forgot one, and that was the smallpox vaccine. It used to tell one a lot about their age as it left a round scar on the upper arm that did not go away for years and years. They stopped giving that vax in 1972, if you had the scar you were born before then.
    seeya
    dan

I forgot one, and that was the smallpox vaccine. It used to tell one a lot about their age as it left a round scar on the upper arm that did not go away for years and years. They stopped giving that vax in 1972, if you had the scar you were born before then.
    Had it.
    Born before then.
    That round scar lasted near forever.

seeya
    dan